Samsung Heavy Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Heavy Industries Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.3

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries.

Interview

It starts with aptitude test which is of a good standard level. After the result, they have technical test and interview. The technical test is easy. Interview on the other hand, the interviewers grill you on all the technical domain knowledge, your training/interns. And they see will you actually join or you are just doing time pass. HR interview/GD is just a formality.

Interview Questions

• Electrical transformer rated in KVA while motor in KW?
      Power system stability studies- role of electrical stability?
      If I give AC to DC motor what will happen?   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Noida (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through the college. They wanted CV's of top 10 students and then shortlisted 3. These 3 were called for Noida for GSAT. GSAT contained 50 aptitude questions (25-LR, 5- quant, 20-DI). Cutoff was really high for GSAT. The result of GSAT was declared after 1 month. Then interview dates came a month later.
    Interview: There were two interviews- hr and technical.
    HR interview was more of a GD or debate round where you have to support your opinion or imaginary situation.
    Technical Interview is the most difficult part. They first asked favorite subjects and asked questions from that, about the training and project, questions on other subjects of mechanical engineering and general questions about my background.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very well-managed and conducted timely. Here are the multiple steps:
    1. GSAT - Written (50 questions in 60 minutes)
    2. On interview day:
        A. HR Round - Conducted by CEO, Mr. Park
        B. Technical Interview - Conducted by HODs of Mechanical, Piping, and HVAC depts.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any typical question. Although, I was bit disappointed by the fact that these people were trying to wrap up interviews quickly.   Answer Question

Interview

Technical interview followed by HR round

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Noida (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

My Interview was conducted in the Samsung Office which was face to face interactions. The persons assigned from the management quized certain technical questions to which I gave answers. I was even asked by the persons taking my interview to demostrate my skills through skills test to which I appeared to the same.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on describe about yourself and some facts from your previous experience.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Seoul (South Korea)) in June 2013.

Interview

i supplied cv via email. and they call me to fix the group interview.
    they just asked about general things not about my professional experience.
    they wondered why i changed the job(company) 2~3 years. because most of employees work for their whole life for the company.

Interview Questions

• what can you do in SHI?
      Why do you want to do work here?   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

Recruit from universities in Korea, so not for forein students. Interview is processed in Korean language. First admit CV online, and later have a 1:1 or panel interview and presentation, discussion interview. Whole 4 types are processed in one day. Usually it will take place between 8 to 12 in the morning, or 12 to 5 pm. Interview level is not so high, just average but there are many students who are prepared quite well.

Interview Questions

• 7 min presentation on company sales strategy; tradeoffs between 'low margin - traditional customer' and 'high margin - alternative customer (which is a competitor of traditional customer)'   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Noida (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

First aptitude test followed by technical exam. Qualified students are then called for interview

Interview Questions

• What is the average pressure drop of refinery condensers.   Answer Question

Senior Piping Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Noida (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview and personality

Graduate Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Noida (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

aptitude test (50 marks , 45 minutes, 50 questions on LR , DI , General aptitude)
    Technical test ( 30 marks, 30 minutes , 30 questions related to disciplines covering only major subjects not all)
    technical interview ( fully hardcore technical, the most important & toughest stage of selection)
    hr interview( formality)

Interview Questions

• too much practical question related to the topic???only experienced people can handle such questions not freshers???   Answer Question

Negotiation

please build a career if your really luking for a core job