San Diego State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at San Diego State University

2.2

Police Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

They scheduled me for a panel interview with a group of 4 staff members that individually asked me a question in regards to the job. After the interview was complete they said they would contact me for an invite to continue in the process and have an interview with the Chief of police. I was called for a following interview and given a conditional job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I have ever been in an situation where I have to tell my confront a co worker.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Please take a look through Career Center posting jobs
    Pick the position which make you feel comfortable
    Applying online, but highly recommend submitting hard copy resume at the hiring department

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

very nice interview, they were really thoughtful and they were nice interviewer. I was relaxed and wasn't afraid of anything. They were even more nice when I start working with them.

Music Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

General Manager conducted the interview and asked questions about work ethic and goals. Asked about what you invision for the position and what you want to get out of the organization.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Diego State University.

Interview

I only had one interview. Overall the interview went really well.General interview questions were asked, overall experience, why you want to intern/work there, why you think you will be a great fit

Interview Questions

• General questions were asked and nothing seemed too difficult   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

First time I went in I had to take a computer test and write a sample letter inviting a guest to SDSU. I was called back for an interview with three directors and a staff member. The interview was two hours long and a bit awkward because the interviewers had to follow a very set script in order to ensure fairness and could not ask follow up questions or engage in conversation. After my answers, all four interviewers would take time to write notes in silence since no one could fill the dead space. Very strange dynamic that doesn't create a very warm environment.

Interview Questions

• All questions were scripted and given to all candidates exactly the same way. No follow up, no casual conversation. They listed the entire job description and asked if there was anything I was not able to handle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was broken into three parts: desk exercise, interview with a committee, and an interview with the director. I came into the position with a lot of experience so I found the desk exercise to be relatively easy, however I took the full time allowed to make sure that I was satisfied with all of my documents. I liked that I got to interview with a panel and with the director and had the opportunity to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was relaxed with a panel of 2 people. Thought it went well but didn't get the job. Quite competitive because there are many students looking for on-campus jobs and not enough vacancies

Interview Questions

• What do you know about San Diego State University's facilities?   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a simple 30min interview. The interviewer was super nice. He gave me a question to solve on the spot and ask me to explain in detail. This is because the students that come into for tutor have difficulty understanding the materials. As a result, you might have to explain in the common knowledge that they can understand too.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was a typical administrative interview. There seemed to be a little animosity between the academic nature of experience and the experience from the regular business world. The process itself started with a phone interview and then an in person with a panel.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your business experience was deep enough to keep up with the education world.   Answer Question