San Diego State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

San Diego State University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at San Diego State University.

Interview

There is an application that requires you to submit two letters of recommendation before you will have the chance at an interview. As far as I know the interview process is being overhauled. They will ask you about your experience with the topics that you may teach and what (if any) experience you have teaching.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified to teach [insert course name] ?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was relaxed with a panel of 2 people. Thought it went well but didn't get the job. Quite competitive because there are many students looking for on-campus jobs and not enough vacancies

Interview Questions

• What do you know about San Diego State University's facilities?   Answer Question

Aztec Aquaplex Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

This was a formal conducted Skype interview with the Assistant Director of Aquatics and other professional staff. Plan, prepare, and practice all scenarios that you may encounter in the operations of any Aquatics environment. Experience, enthusiasm, and goals focus to recruitment are highly focused upon in their program. I really enjoyed the staffs morals, and near future planning for their programs. This is a well organized operation and it was an honor to have this experience with the interviewers. Levels of professionalism is a consideration as well. I enjoyed speaking to them in this is interview.

Taskforce Member- SRS Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

You have to send a cover letter and express why you are qualified and why you want to be part of SRS. Very easy to communicate if you have the qualifications

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be part of SRS?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was a typical administrative interview. There seemed to be a little animosity between the academic nature of experience and the experience from the regular business world. The process itself started with a phone interview and then an in person with a panel.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your business experience was deep enough to keep up with the education world.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Question asked during interview as well as a GPA requirement. Entered hiring managers office, then was asked typical questions that were not hard at all. pretty general and predicable. Most people that apply for the job will get the job. Science students however, are favored as biology and chemistry as subjects most athletes will take.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you are qualified for this job   1 Answer

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was informed by email that I was a finalist and asked to choose an interview date. Interviewed with panel of 3 that worked in the department or related departments. Was asked general work related questions as well as well as very specific questions related to duties of the position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job?   1 Answer
    • What are the most important attributes of a team member?   1 Answer

OHA/REO Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Straightforward and polite. Pretty standard as far as interviews go. There were more interviewers there than I expected, though - about 10 in total. They were also 20 minutes late to start my interview, but were apologetic and kind about the delay.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with large data sets?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

its about 4-5 people that interview you. You are the head of the table and they each take turns reading the interview questions.

You are given a skills test at the computer, something like, draft a memo and some other basic skills, however I don't know if they still do this.

This is how they rate each response: Evaluate Response: Poor - Average - Good - Excellent

At the end of the interview they do an overall tally/summary that looks like this:

Poor: This candidate is not well suited for this position

Below: Candidate could perform the essential fun ctions but would require training and supervision

Average: Can handle all critical aspects of the job and meet current standards

Good: Can easily handle all aspects of job. will make quick impact and require little to no training

Excellent: Will make quick impact in every area of the job; very well suited for the position

Then after this they make their recommendations with the hiring committee:

Determination:
    Recommend for hire
    Recommend for 2nd interview
    Hold for further review
    Do not recommend for hire

Interview Questions

• Please tell us what you know about the college of extended studies and its role at SDSU?   Answer Question
    • What is it about this position that interests you?   Answer Question
    • Please describe how your background and experience qualify you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Please describe your computer experience? What applications do you know and how do you apply them?   Answer Question
    • What methods do you use to handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and ensure all required tasks are completed accurately?

This position involves extensive / varied level of customer service interaction. How do you define customer service? Please provide examples from your own experience.

What three words would you use to describe three areas of strength? If you had an are to improve. what would it be?

What style of leadership do you require from a lead or supervisor?

Please describe an example of when you worked with a team or team member to accomplish an important goal. What was your role and how did you contribute?

Scenario: You are in the midst of a very intense and detailed task with a short deadline. You are interrupted by a phone call from an upset student who would normally speak to your lead, but that person is at an offsite meeting. How do you; 1) handle the call and 2) ensure you are able to resume and complete your initial task?

This position may require, with advance notice, occasional evening and weekend work. Would you be able to meet those requirements?

This position may require attendance at offsite events throughout San Diego County. Are you able to secure transportation to accomodate this requirement?

If you were offered this position, when would you be able to start?

Is there any information on your qualifications you would like us to consider as it relates to this position?

Do you have any questions for the panel?   Answer Question

Tennis Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Diego State University.

Interview

Applied online at SDSU careers, got a phone call and had a small phone interview
    Then had a 3-4 group panel interview and we toured the center
    Very nice people, make you feel comfortable and they each have about 5-6 questions of their own they will ask you about your tennis background, experience and what you can add to their programs there at the arc

Interview Questions

• How would you teach a tennis clinic filled with beginners?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you would be a good coach here?   Answer Question