Sanford Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

NICU RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanford Health (Fargo, ND) in March 2018.

Interview

Online application with an in person interview with the unit manager. The manager greeted me in the lobby and gave me a brief tour of the main hospital areas. Then we went to her office and she asked me questions while looking over my resume. Once the interview was over she gave me a tour of the unit and introduced me to a few nurses. A charge nurse gave me a tour of the unit and answered my questions. Then I was walked down to the lobby after the interview. Within four days I was contacted by HR and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experienced conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sanford Health (Fargo, ND) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online, then recieved a phone call from the supervisor asking me to come in for a quick in-person interview and then the day after the interview I received a job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanford Health (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2018.

Interview

It was ok, I've been denied by this job so many times, I have all the qualifications but been denied constantly, I've applied for other customer service jobs and yet still being denied I just feel its a race thing and not because of my qualifications

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanford Health in April 2018.

Interview

I received a call to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was with HR rep and lasted about 10 mins. Standard interview questions and details about the position.
    Received a call 3-4 days later to schedule interview. Interviewed with supervisor and dept manager. Both very kind. Down to earth interview. Lasted about 30 mins. Got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sanford Health in January 2018.

Interview

I got a text from Sanford stating that I got an interview, I had to call HR to set a day and time. I got an email verifying my day and time for the interview and the address to which I was being interviewed at.

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanford Health (Fargo, ND) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, setup an interview by phone. I was interviewed by the department director and a supervisor. Both very nice people. I sent a thank you note and got a call less than a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• what can you tell us about yourself?   1 Answer

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanford Health (Fargo, ND) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online
    Got a call from HR for on site interview
    In person interview with team of Manager/ supervisor and lead with regular behavioral questions. Asked to write e-mail why are you interested in job.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself, qualities of supervisor   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanford Health (Fargo, ND) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website for multiple positions, not particular picky about where I would be placed. HR called in a couple weeks to set up an interview time. I interviewed for the ARU and medical floor. Even though I interviewed for the medical floor they placed me on tele which I was fine with. They then set up times with me to meet with employee health and HR to establish my direct deposit and social security validation, etc. Then there was about a week of company training, 3 weeks of on the job training, and then I was working independently. It was nice that you jump right into the Sanford pay cycle, you don't have to wait 3 weeks for a paycheck.

Interview Questions

• If you were ambulating a patient in the hall and looked into a room to see another patient who is a fall risk attempt to get up and start to fall, what would you do?   1 Answer

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sanford Health in May 2016.

Interview

I completed an in-person interview with the department manager. It was a very smooth process -- no surprising questions. I was offered a position within the next week, but politely declined.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bemidji, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sanford Health (Bemidji, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed for multiple open RN positions. I ended up being offered one I had never applied for, but was a good fit for me. I interviewed with 2 managers of different units. I have also interviewed for a position change, that experience was informal and laid back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since Sanford Bemidji is union, there is not much to negotiate. The union is strong and advocates for the nurses. Union nurses at Sanford make much more money than the non-union nurses at other locations, the benefits are generally crappy all around.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sanford Health (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online and submitted resume & cv with that. I received a call from HR about 2 weeks after to schedule a phone interview and in-person interview. 1/2 hour phone interview with HR. Then 1 hour interview with clinical nurse managers from department.

Interview Questions

• They asked "typical" interview questions for the 1st half hour (just google nursing interview questions). The 2nd half-hour was all about physiology and patient scenario questions (hard!). I think that it depends on the department you're going to interview for and possibly how short they are for nurses at the time of your interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.