Santa Clara University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2018

2.6

Employer Relations Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the former Employer Relations Coordinator over the phone (I was studying in Spain at the time). My interviewer was kind, asked me questions about specific items on my resume, and talked to me about my time in Spain! I was offered the job a week later via email.

Interview Questions

• What other employment experiences do you have at Santa Clara?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via phone to schedule an in person interview. There was no initial phone screen and it was just the one interview. I interviewed on a Friday and was told I'd hear back early the following week, but it was two Mondays after that I received an email indicating I would not be offered a position. The interview itself was easy enough, a panel of five women, and once the question and answer portion was done I was led to a waiting area where someone was to join me shortly and give me a tour of the center (which I took to be a good sign). They left me waiting for at least 20 minutes, probably closer to 25 minutes, which I thought was strange because it's not like I wasn't aware they were all in the conference room talking about me. Finally I was led on a brief tour and that was that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging experience in your last role and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The potential supervisor call me around one week after I submitted my resume online, and only ask 2-3 basic questions. Pretty straight forward and the phone interview takes less than 20 minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to second interview.

Office & Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The receptionist called to scheduled a phone screening with the Assistant Dean. The initial phone screening lasted for about 20 minutes. If you passed that, then they invited you in for a multiple-person interview with the dean, finance department and other team members (done one on one or two on one). The process lasted for about 2-1/2 hours (which may be different if you are interviewing with a different department or position).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle emergencies?   1 Answer
    • What do you do when your supervisor tells you to do something in a completely different way than what you are used to?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through university job portal. Met with the manager in person. Got an email for interview in person. The process took around 30 minutes and I got my offer letter next week.

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santa Clara University in April 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview by the professor. It went well. I was called in mainly because of the projects I had done previously. It was an easy interview, and I was asked about my work in previous projects.

Interview Questions

• He told me about what are his expectations and requirements.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was with the building manager, and it was a very friendly, relatively informal interview. It was very much a standard question and answer format, and just the right amount of professional for a student job.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had difficulty working with a coworker?   Answer Question

TA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Santa Clara University.

Interview

There was no interview process. I was referred by one of my friends. The professor in charge of TAs remembered me since I took a course from him.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 interviews! First was about myself and how I think I fit in with the company. Second, was more about the company and what I new about it. They asked me where do I see me fitting in, how would I contribute to the company, and where do I see myself in 5 years if I were to still be with them.

Interview Questions

• What is one of my best qualities   1 Answer

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. I applied and within a week and a half, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. That went really well and I was offered an in person panel and presentation interview. However, in the end I did not receive an offer