Santa Clara University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2018

2.5

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

I initially applied by sending in my resume to the business school. After a week they invited me in for a group interview, where I interviewed with five other people. It was mostly behavior. A few questions were asked, and each person was asked an individual question. A week later, I received an invitation to be a peer advisor.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to maintain contact with your students?   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Santa Clara University.

Interview

The hiring process took a little over one month. I was contacted two weeks after submitting my resume to schedule an in-person interview with the Social Media Director in the Office of Marketing and Communications. She asked my interest in digital media and how my past experiences prepared me for the position. One week after my interview I received an offer and accepted it.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

A quick in-person interview with a few of the administrators in the office. Very simple and straight forward conversations just trying to get to know you and your personality. They were all very friendly and welcoming. There were no questions that were trying to "get you" and they were very open to sharing what the environment and work would be like.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and give us an example of how you are an organized individual.   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santa Clara University in April 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview by the professor. It went well. I was called in mainly because of the projects I had done previously. It was an easy interview, and I was asked about my work in previous projects.

Interview Questions

• He told me about what are his expectations and requirements.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. I applied and within a week and a half, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. That went really well and I was offered an in person panel and presentation interview. However, in the end I did not receive an offer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara University.

Interview

Questions ranging from behavioral to technical. Hiring process took about three weeks. It was only one interview, but there have been cases where they do multiple. Interviewed by two people.

Interview Questions

• What is an IP address and how does it differ from a MAC address?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Media Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

The interviewing process is easy and relaxed. You do not need to worry about prior experience. Just show that you have a good personality and they give all the training necessary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is little negotiating possible. The wages are fixed and increase by about $.50 a year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with person who would be direct supervisor, and then set up personal interview. I first met with HR representative, who told me all about all the benefits, days off, etc. This struck me as a bit premature and a waste of time, because if I didn't get offered the job, why dangle all the bennies in front of me? Because they pay below market, and that's how they try to lure you in, that's why. It was followed up by a panel interview, with one person after another firing off questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via phone to schedule an in person interview. There was no initial phone screen and it was just the one interview. I interviewed on a Friday and was told I'd hear back early the following week, but it was two Mondays after that I received an email indicating I would not be offered a position. The interview itself was easy enough, a panel of five women, and once the question and answer portion was done I was led to a waiting area where someone was to join me shortly and give me a tour of the center (which I took to be a good sign). They left me waiting for at least 20 minutes, probably closer to 25 minutes, which I thought was strange because it's not like I wasn't aware they were all in the conference room talking about me. Finally I was led on a brief tour and that was that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging experience in your last role and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The potential supervisor call me around one week after I submitted my resume online, and only ask 2-3 basic questions. Pretty straight forward and the phone interview takes less than 20 minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to second interview.