Santa Clara Valley Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santa Clara Valley Water Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.7

Workforce Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water.

Interview

Scheduling for the interview was done efficiently. I was interviewed by three different members of the Workforce Development team and the overall experience was good. I received a call a month later, offering me the internship.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted after a background check. I interviewed in-person, and the interview was conference-style with a few people. Questions were not terribly difficult, and the atmosphere was comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience readied you for this position?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very basic. The HR preps you before you enter for the interview about who you would be interviewing with , how many questions etc. This was a 7 set questions, first three basic and next three a little technical.The last question is where you get a chance to sell yourself.
    It was a panel of three members, all very friendly. The questions were already posted on the table.

Interview Questions

• Previous education, work experience and how can it relate to our Industry? Any projects similar to our work place?   Answer Question
    • Have you had any time during your work / school time where your teammates did not cooperate?   Answer Question
    • Why do we ground? what are the different types of grounding?   Answer Question
    • What are the critical units in an electrical system?   Answer Question
    • Tell us something that we do not know about you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a panel of three people and they just asked questions around. It gave people an ability to write down answers and gives each person an ability to ask. It was pretty casual and off in a conference room and was pretty fun once it got into it. It was something like 10 questions and really structured which was interesting.

Interview Questions

• What social media experience do you have to plan events and keep a tab on people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was short with straightforward questions. During my interview there were two panelists that asked me a series of questions. They were mostly targeted around my background and what type of customer service experience I've had. Overall, it was a very easy interview. I may have over prepared for it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a few water technologies you know of.   1 Answer

Senior Water Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email inviting me for a interview, no phone calls, just an email stating the time and place of interview. They did not ask whether if you can make it or not, which is kind of strange. I suppose if you can't you can call them to change ? I am not sure if this was an option. The interview was 40 minutes and with 3 panelists including hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What experiences did you have in regard to the position advertised ? and others.   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very direct. The questions are intended to withdraw your knowledge of water conservation efforts you have studied or know about, as well as any environmental courses you have taken that interest you. They also want to find our how much customer service experience you have, due to the fact that customer interaction is a large part of the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge and/or experience with water conservation efforts?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I couldn't make the in person interview due to the fact that I was still in school so they allowed me to interview over the phone. The process took awhile I applied February 2015 and didn't hear back for an interview until April, but 700 people did apply for the position. Panel interview with lots of questions about water conservation (we were in a bad drought) and customer service.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called to schedule an interview. The interview was at the headquarters of the District and there were 3 panelists who took turns asking questions. They asked general questions about my experience and how it fit with the role of the intern position.

Interview Questions

• What is a project that you had and how did you handle implementing it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water in August 2014.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a panel of 2 men and a lady. After, the interview I had to write a short essay to a question. In the interview they asked the typical questions, "Tell me about yourself... What are you doing to conserve water...your strengths & witnesses...

Interview Questions

• I personally do not believe it was difficult because I really prepared myself by practicing with the most ask questions and reviewing my notes on essay writing. So, if you are well prepared, you'll be fine.   Answer Question