Santa Clara Valley Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santa Clara Valley Water Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.7

Management Analyst Interview

Interview

They provided a list of questions upon arrival. It was a panel interview, and they took turns asking mostly behavioral insights questions. Explained the process ahead of the interview and provided ample time for response.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience convincing something to do something they didn't want to do.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Two people interviewed me, and they just asked general questions. Was very structured, and asked about 7 to 8 questions. Casual and very nice. They never contacted me after the interview

Interview Questions

• If you were out checking customer's water quality, how would you deal with an angry customer who thinks his bill is higher than it should be   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water.

Interview

Scheduling for the interview was done efficiently. I was interviewed by three different members of the Workforce Development team and the overall experience was good. I received a call a month later, offering me the internship.

Education Outreach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

In person interview- 30 minutes. Had to demonstrate teaching ability with brief instruction on how to use a shower timer. Took a few weeks to get back to me. Offer over the phone and completed hiring paperwork in 2 weeks.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted after a background check. I interviewed in-person, and the interview was conference-style with a few people. Questions were not terribly difficult, and the atmosphere was comfortable.

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very basic. The HR preps you before you enter for the interview about who you would be interviewing with , how many questions etc. This was a 7 set questions, first three basic and next three a little technical.The last question is where you get a chance to sell yourself.
    It was a panel of three members, all very friendly. The questions were already posted on the table.

Interview Questions

• Previous education, work experience and how can it relate to our Industry? Any projects similar to our work place?   Answer Question
    • Have you had any time during your work / school time where your teammates did not cooperate?   Answer Question
    • Why do we ground? what are the different types of grounding?   Answer Question
    • What are the critical units in an electrical system?   Answer Question
    • Tell us something that we do not know about you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a panel of three people and they just asked questions around. It gave people an ability to write down answers and gives each person an ability to ask. It was pretty casual and off in a conference room and was pretty fun once it got into it. It was something like 10 questions and really structured which was interesting.

Interview Questions

• What social media experience do you have to plan events and keep a tab on people?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was short with straightforward questions. During my interview there were two panelists that asked me a series of questions. They were mostly targeted around my background and what type of customer service experience I've had. Overall, it was a very easy interview. I may have over prepared for it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a few water technologies you know of.   1 Answer

Senior Water Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email inviting me for a interview, no phone calls, just an email stating the time and place of interview. They did not ask whether if you can make it or not, which is kind of strange. I suppose if you can't you can call them to change ? I am not sure if this was an option. The interview was 40 minutes and with 3 panelists including hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What experiences did you have in regard to the position advertised ? and others.   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very direct. The questions are intended to withdraw your knowledge of water conservation efforts you have studied or know about, as well as any environmental courses you have taken that interest you. They also want to find our how much customer service experience you have, due to the fact that customer interaction is a large part of the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge and/or experience with water conservation efforts?   1 Answer