Santa Clara Valley Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2018

2.7

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

HEALTHY, HAPPY, VIBRANT PEOPLE NEED NOT APPLY. Although the interview was pretty straightforward - about clarifying work experienced tailored to the job - the interview vibe was very strange. Don't smile. Don't be at peace. Don't act friendly. Act like a drone. They did not like the fact that I am a happy, pleasant person. The final handshake was less than a wet noodle. It was more like flour!

Interview Questions

• None. Just be prepared to talk about how your past experience relates to the job description. No trick questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I couldn't make the in person interview due to the fact that I was still in school so they allowed me to interview over the phone. The process took awhile I applied February 2015 and didn't hear back for an interview until April, but 700 people did apply for the position. Panel interview with lots of questions about water conservation (we were in a bad drought) and customer service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Two people interviewed me, and they just asked general questions. Was very structured, and asked about 7 to 8 questions. Casual and very nice. They never contacted me after the interview

Interview Questions

• If you were out checking customer's water quality, how would you deal with an angry customer who thinks his bill is higher than it should be   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

A panel of 3 judges performed the interview. They each asked two questions, for a total of 6 questions. The interview was not long it ranged from about 35-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was a work conflict you've had and how was it handled.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I received an email from them for a panel/group interview. There were 3 interviewers. The interview was 20 minutes long. They had a list of common interview questions and basically went down the list and told me that I would have at most 20 minutes to answer their questions. I didn't like the format. I felt rush and uncomfortable. I didn't know how many questions were there and it was hard to time myself right without knowing how many questions would be asked.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a panel of three people and they just asked questions around. It gave people an ability to write down answers and gives each person an ability to ask. It was pretty casual and off in a conference room and was pretty fun once it got into it. It was something like 10 questions and really structured which was interesting.

Interview Questions

• What social media experience do you have to plan events and keep a tab on people?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water in August 2014.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a panel of 2 men and a lady. After, the interview I had to write a short essay to a question. In the interview they asked the typical questions, "Tell me about yourself... What are you doing to conserve water...your strengths & witnesses...

Interview Questions

• I personally do not believe it was difficult because I really prepared myself by practicing with the most ask questions and reviewing my notes on essay writing. So, if you are well prepared, you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called to schedule an interview. The interview was at the headquarters of the District and there were 3 panelists who took turns asking questions. They asked general questions about my experience and how it fit with the role of the intern position.

Interview Questions

• What is a project that you had and how did you handle implementing it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was short with straightforward questions. During my interview there were two panelists that asked me a series of questions. They were mostly targeted around my background and what type of customer service experience I've had. Overall, it was a very easy interview. I may have over prepared for it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a few water technologies you know of.   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Resume submission, first-cut resume review, board interview w/practical test (explain engineering drawing), several subsequent phone conversations (for job details and scheduling), proof of qualifications, negotiation, physical, then employment (with 6-month probation).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated for higher step in pre-set salary schedule.