Santee Cooper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santee Cooper Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.2

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santee Cooper in October 2016.

Interview

I met two ladies at the school career fair. I applied online. They emailed me about an interview instantly. It was a Phone Interview and there was three to four people questioning me at once. I never heard anything else from them.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santee Cooper (Myrtle Beach, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Very informal. they bring you in, ask you about work history on resume, home life (kids), they ask if you can type 45 WPM and then they tell you they will call you back letting you know their decision.

Interview Questions

• What are some words that someone would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moncks Corner, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Santee Cooper (Moncks Corner, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Apply online, then wait for them to email you. The interview was a panel of employees at different seniority levels in the are you applied to. (As of 2016, they are restructuring their HR, so the application process should not take as long as in years past.)

Interview Questions

• My interview wasn't technical, all questions were 'fit' questions. Just be yourself.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santee Cooper.

Interview

Management Team introduction and about 1.5 hours of questions.
    Each manager ask about 10 questions each. it all ranges from your professional background to your resume. they and ask behavioral question to see how you reach to a particular senario.
    They were all professional and were honest with each question.
    If you are not ready to interview, do not attend. from a scale from 1 to 10, it was an 8 on the difficult scale.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santee Cooper in April 2010.

Interview

I was initially introduced to SC at a Clemson University job fair and was offered an interview from there some weeks later. There was no phone interview, but rather an onsite. Interview was very technical pertaining to power plant equipment and past experiences. Unofficial offer was made immediately after the interview with salary negotiated at that time. Outline of all benefits, medical, dental, moving package etc was also done at that time.

Interview Questions

• All the technical questions were very straightforward and were aimed at determining depth of knowledge. No mind tricks or anything so technical only an equipment designer would know. Probably one of the best interviews I've been on. They did ask me " tell me what's not on your resume" which caught me off guard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is very strictly banded so I was offered around 80% of midpoint and negotiated another 10%. This is very dependent on the person doing the interviewing. Some of the hiring managers won't budge on pay and leave it at around 80%.