Sasol Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sasol

3.3

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sasol (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR and phone interview with posting manager, then F2F panel interview. All went smoothly and just asked basic questions to understand qualifications for job. Good process and had no issues

Interview Questions

• Years of experience in business   1 Answer

Estimator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sasol in December 2017.

Interview

Interview was with 2 people. One from Human resources and other was the actual interviewer. Was asked a series of questions on estimating process and how I would handle certain situations. Was a very technical interview about job specific duties. Lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a stressful situation that I previously went through and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sasol in May 2013.

Interview

Process was conducted in a very professional and structured manner, was interviewed by a panel, not just the hiring manager. HR manager kept me updated on a regular basis of the process before as well as after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging problem you experienced at work and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sasol.

Interview

Interview with HR representative, department head, and site manager, all at the same time. Personal questions from the former interspersed with engineering-related questions from latter two. Not a particularly difficult interview, but certain personal factors turned it into a challenge for me. Remote site location apparently an important consideration.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our products and how we manufacture them?   1 Answer

Summer R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sasol (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about three months later to schedule a phone interview. Spoke with three chemists on the phone who were knowledgeable about three different intern projects. All three were knowledgeable and said HR would contact me.

Interview Questions

• What research equipment I have used and how I've used the data? (and other items from my resume)   1 Answer

IT Business Partner - Demand & Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sasol (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR. A phone interview was scheduled within 2 days. Than, a face-to-face interview was scheduled for one week . I interviewed with two peers. The questions were fairly common interview questions. The second portion of the interview was with the Business Relationship Manager. His questions were on a much deeper level pertaining to the role. HR was present throughout the entire interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe project steps. If you had a project in which one of the key stakeholders was behind schedule, how would you handle this? If you had a meeting in 20 minutes and you realized a key stakeholder was behind in a task, how would you approach this? If you had a meeting in 1 day and you realized a key stakeholder was behind in a task, how would you approach this? Share with me your biggest accomplishment. Describe a time in which you had conflict with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation. If you have a team member who is not performing how would you handle this? What are the 3 key things you look for in a role?   Answer Question

Plant Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sasol (Lake Charles, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

Went smoothly, well organized and punctual. Overall vibe was nice & positive. I was contacted by the company about when the interview was & it was well communicated on what i needed to bring. Interview went well & i felt really good about it.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to job experience & situational questions   Answer Question

Sales & Marketing Rotation Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sasol in March 2019.

Interview

Someone from HR emailed me to set up a phone interview. Then we set up a Skype interview about a week later. The phone interview was with 1 person from HR. The Skype interview was with 3 people from HR.

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sasolburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sasol (Sasolburg (South Africa)) in November 2012.

Interview

the process took 2 weeks, the first interview was technical test written, the second was face to face.
    the response time was very quick, we got the results for the test same day

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandton (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sasol (Sandton (South Africa)) in August 2017.

Interview

The entire process took 1 month. I had 2 interviews with the Senior manager, Head of Internal Audit and HR.
    Afterwards, I went for the Health checks and fingerprints,