Satov Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Satov Interview Questions

4.0

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Satov.

Interview

2 Interview Rounds:

1st Round: Two 45 minute case study interviews with different consultants.
    2nd Round: 4 hour mini-case. You are given a case, a laptop, and you have access to the internet as well as a phone. You must synthesize your findings and present a PowerPoint to a panel of consultants.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Satov (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

1st Round: 2 case interviews
    2nd Round: 4 hours to complete a case followed by a 45 minute presentation to the leadership team

Overall, a very effective hiring process. The team was very helpful along the way and was always happy to speak about the firm and their experiences.

Consultant - Consumer Insights Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Satov (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

My experience with Satov consisted of 2 rounds:
    Round 1: Standard Behaviourial Interview with questions such as "What skills from your previous role contribute toward consulting" and then several questions pertaining to my resume.

Round 2: This was the Data Model Crunch Case Interview. I was asked to bring my own laptop and was given a USB drive with a problem set saved to the drive. I had 4 hours to complete a series of 6 questions, each with an increasing level of difficulty, and then put together a PowerPoint presentation based on the work I had put together.

From what I have heard, the type of problem set one can receive varies. I've heard of some interviewees being asked to put together a valuation for a company looking to go public, which required utilizing external resources during the interview. Where as my problem set consisted of a company looking to add to their product line and needed help determining how it would impact sales and how to price the new product given a set of fixed constraints.

Unfortunately, that's where my road ended so I cannot shed any light on additional rounds. All in all, it was a great experience and Satov left me with a great impression. The team was very welcoming while I was onsite during the interview process and even served lunch due to the lengthy case interview style.

Interview Questions

• "What skills from your previous role contribute toward consulting"   Answer Question

Analyst and Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Satov in February 2012.

Interview

I was surprised that they called me in for an one on one interview, considering the advertising agency background I had, but also the recent management studies I completed. None the less, I really wanted to try it out. The interviewee (one of the co-founders) had similar views of brands/branding as I did. However, they were looking for a more analytical person to fill the position. Nothing wrong with that, however they should look into evolving their company and hire individuals who have a different outlook on strategy, which the interviewee also admitted that he felt that his company would turn into a advertising/strategy agency eventually.

HR is not very helpful, prior to my call about my interview, HR thought I was applying as an intern and directed me to an institutional website to apply through, which wasn't accessible because I was not a student.