School Zone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at School Zone

Sort:

Editor/Proofer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Haven, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at School Zone (Grand Haven, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

I was given several proofreading tests before the interview. I assume I did pretty well, as only three applicants made it to the interview stage. The process took a very long time - several months before I was officially on the job - and there was no relocation assistance. In fact, although I was living in Chicago, I had to rent a car (as I didn't own one in the city) and drive to Grand Haven by 8:00 a.m. eastern (woke up around 3 a.m. central) for both the interview and a separate, mandatory drug test a few weeks later. My interviewers were very kind and encouraging, and the meeting room was comfortable. I interviewed with Joan, her daughter Jen, and the managing director Barb. I got a phone call from HR about a month after the interview (I think... it's been a while) with the details of the offer, and I received a letter describing benefits shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Describe your attention to detail (or something along those lines).   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate... due to the length of the application process, I was worried the offer would fall through (rightfully, as I was laid off a year later). I had three other job offers, and I probably should have leveraged my salary (or... just taken one of the better offers) but I had faith in the company.