Seattle Central Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Seattle Central Community College

2.7

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

I was asked basic interview questions, about qualifications and previous work experience by the direct manager and upper management. This is followed by a skills assessment of basic computer application support on Windows and OSX platforms. The assessment is observed, and takes place on several computers and in different rooms, reflecting the slightly hectic work environment. Overall, it is an easy process, as long as you are personable, patient, and have practical, proven computer skills.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to listen well and be patient with users who have little to no basic computer knowledge?   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College in May 2014.

Interview

I've interviewed for a number of full and part-time teaching positions at a variety of colleges in past and had a good number of successes. With that said, this was one of the most lengthy and involved interviews I've ever had to teach one class as an adjunct. The person who arranged everything, along with the rest of the committee were very nice and they seemed like they would be great colleagues but having to deal with a committee with a long list of predetermined questions clearly generated from HR, and having to do a full blown teaching demo in a tiny room with four people to be hired for one class was total overkill. I've worked as an adjunct at several other places and never gone through so much. Then to be told they really, really loved me but I didn't get it. Please drop the long list of predetermined HR questions, they are absolutely terrible and are so formal and stilted (I only seem to run into them at Community Colleges.) Take a cue from the 4 year colleges and trust your faculty to be able to ask the questions.

Interview Questions

• They weren't difficult, only awkwardly formal and packed with HR speak including the latest buzzwords.   1 Answer

IT Specialist IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Pretty average experience. Interviews are always done by a committee. Only had one interview, an in person interview with three interviewers. None of the logic questions you see in tech interviews today were asked. Completing application to being hired is a long, drawn out process. I'd have given up on the job since so much time had gone by when I finally got offered the job.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Fill out an online application then a series of three interviews. First interview with HR for basic qualifications and minimum requirements. Second interview with a group of faculty and administrators. About 2 hours overall, including questions and comments a written exercise and demonstrating teaching a lesson. Found out about the lesson topic the day before and the written exercise the day of. Third round was an interview with the President and Vice-President, question and answer format.

Interview Questions

• A written budget question for which you did not really have the data to answer well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward

Tutor Interview

Interview

Dropped off application and received an email for an interview 2 days alter. Interview was standard. Was asked a lot of scenario questions and the typical "strengths and weaknesses" question.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was relocating, so my interview was via Skype. It was very professional, yet comfortable, as the panel was very welcoming. There were three members on the hiring committee, and they each took turns asking questions.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The process was about what one expects from a student position. Basically, the focus is providing customer services to a plethora of people - ranging from student, to staff, to instructor, etc. If you are friendly and like other people you can succeed at this position.

International Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Submit resume only and then wait for your interview. The interview process is quick so dont be panic. First they will call you to setup an appointment. Then you will come to an office, usually in a same area of your work.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Excel, material packing and databases?   Answer Question

Front Desk Assistant (Intl Programs) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting my cover letter and application form, I received an email to set up an interview. It was a short interview with the program coordinator. She asked me about my experiences, and it was pretty routine. After the interview there was a computer task. I was asked to type in a list of names alphabetically and calculate some dates of enrollment for potential students.

Interview Questions

• List three qualities a customer service representative should possess.   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience in which multi-tasking was involved.   Answer Question
    • Describe your past working experiences.   Answer Question

ESL Instructor (Tenure) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

5 person panel. Applicant is handed a list of seven questions and given approx. 5 minutes to look them over before the interview begins. Panel asks the questions from the list, then applicant is allowed time to ask questions of the panel members. The panelists seemed as if they hadn't seen my resume prior to interviewing me. They also arrived 30 minutes late to the interview. The panelists seemed annoyed at some of the questions I asked them, particularly when I asked what their plan for integrating more technology into their courses looked like over the next five years. One of them answered that "having students use MS Word in class is a good use of technology." I didn't even know how to respond to that. It seems like SCC is lightyears behind some of the other area schools in terms of making technology a key component of their curricula, especially when it comes to ABE and ESL programs.

Interview Questions

• How is diversity incorporated into your approach to teaching?   1 Answer