Seattle Community Colleges Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Seattle Community Colleges Interview Questions

Interviews at Seattle Community Colleges

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seattle Community Colleges

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seattle Community Colleges (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Was interviewed by the department manager and lead manager. It was fairly informal and friendly, and we hit it off right away. The interview was held in the department manager's office, just the three of us. They explained that they were hiring this position for the first time, it was a relatively new department, and the person hired would have great latitude in how they shaped the job. This entrepreneurial bent (it was an enterprise activity and not a typical college department) appealed to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The department manager and I went over to the cafeteria, he bought me a drink, and he explained their financial circumstances, why they could only offer me a sub-standard pay rate. There was no mention of the benefits, which I wasn't aware of there being given that it wasn't a full-time job.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seattle Community Colleges (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

They took a long time to get back to me. There was an initial committee review then a review with the person who would be my immediate supervisor, whom I met over the phone and finally in person. It was mostly straightforward but I got my first glimpse of the bureaucracy there. People from within the district as well as the colleges were there.

Interview Questions

• "What does diversity mean to you?"   1 Answer
    • "Talk about a study you conducted."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. These are union positions at the college level and there is no negotiation. It was pretty straightforward. You take it or leave it.

CRM Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seattle Community Colleges (Seattle, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email about my application. We scheduled a time to talk, however when it was time to have a phone interview it became a conference call/panel interview. This was unexpected and caught me off guard, in the email there was no mention of this. There were 4 people and higher up positions, such as VP; good luck trying to hear them speak and remember their names+position.

I would say this interview is difficult because it's not a conversation, everyone's uptight because this isn't a 1 on 1 interview, let alone that the 4 people on the conference probably are on their "best behavior" infront of one another.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Tell me about your experience, and what are your career goals for this position
      2.) Tell me about a time when you had to use CRMs to generate reports
      3.) How would you use a CRM in the education industry, and what are its advantages?
      4.) Tell me about a time when you had to explain/train a user how to use a CRM.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seattle Community Colleges (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

Initial interview was with a panel of 5 employees. Each person took a turn at asking prepared questions. No one could ask a follow up or a question not on the prepared list. This is to ensure that all candidates are screened by the same process. It was strange at first, but once I realized they could not ask follow up questions, I tried to include follow up type answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer