Seattle University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seattle University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.7

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle University.

Interview

I got a phone interview first, which took about 30 minutes. One week later, I met a panel of three people on campus. Overall, the process was very relaxed and they asked about the experiences and technical skills related to this particular position. They also asked several regular behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The mission of Seattle University and how your personal goals align with the mission of SU.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle University (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I went in for a formal panel interview with five people and had an informal follow up interview with four. It took approximately a month from first interview to receiving my offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were also pretty standard. How do you stay organized? What do you do if you are working on one project and someone needs something done immediately?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Seattle University in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online by messaging Lab manager about the listing. After a few days, I was asked to do a quick 15 min. interview with the the Laboratory Stockroom Supervisor and Laboratory Stockroom Manager.

Senior Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle University (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for a different job at SU. A lady emailed me back saying that I was not selected for that job. She said after looking at my resume she said I apply for Sr. Operations Assistant and provided a link to the job posting. I did so. A few days later I received an email asking for a phone interview. A week later I received an email that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Seattle University?   Answer Question
    • Where do yo see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What are your weaknesses in the work place?   Answer Question
    • What was one of the most interesting projects I worked on during graduate school or in my previous job?   Answer Question

Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seattle University.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. Employer was looking for someone who could quickly implement tasks and work well in a team environment. Important to know how to use Microsoft Office applications as well as CRM systems.

Desk Assistance Interview

Interview

I had to apply on their online application; I got phone call from a senior administrator; I was invited to their office; I was interviewed; I waited probably 4 days until I got a call from them again.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle University (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted shortly after the position closed and set up a phone interview. I was then asked to come in for an interview. I met with 3 individuals as part of a team. They were friendly and polite. The interview lasted 45 minutes and they took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were straight forward and included a few "what ifs"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle University in March 2015.

Interview

About a month and a half after I applied I got an email from the hiring manager asking if I was still interested. A week later she got back to me again and arranged a phone interview. It was only 30 minutes (no opportunity to go longer - she even gave me a 3 minute warning) and she very obviously had a standard set of questions she had to ask everyone. A couple days after that I was invited to a second round of interviews. This one took about 1.5 hours. First I interviewed with the hiring mgr and another mgr in the department for about an hour. They had a mix of situational and direct questions. Then I was walked over to another department where I met with a VP that I would also be working with. Two days later they checked my references. About 4 days after that she got back to me offering the job. It required a background check. No negotiations at all.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the first 30 60 and 90 days in the position and how will you make an impact?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle University.

Interview

I applied via the Redhawk Network with a resume and cover letter. I received an email that week from the office manager. We scheduled an in-person interview for the next week. After that I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you failed, what are your strengths and weaknesses, are you comfortable working with strong personalities, what is your job experience, why do you want to work here... etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations for student workers.

Lead Accounting Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seattle University (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Easy, they hired every applicant and just gave each of us less hours, which is kind of aggravating. Also several of the tutors don't have good English skills, and don't actually want to tutor, they just want to hang out and study and get paid for it, and are actively hostile when people show up needing help.

Interview Questions

• Bog standard behavioral, followed by, do you want the job.   1 Answer