Seattle University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Seattle University

2.8

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seattle University (Seattle, WA).

Interview

For academic jobs, that process is fairly traditional. For staff jobs, much of the questions will explore your awareness and commitment to the university mission.

Interview Questions

• Be careful about questions exploring how you might change things because the interviewers may or may not want change.   Answer Question

Better play elsewhere.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle University (Seattle, WA).

Interview

1) Phone Interview
    2) In person interview with three different staff members
    3) A presentation on a topic of your choice complete with powerpoint.

It was very friendly but obviously rigorous. The entire office sits in on your presentation so the pressure is definitely on.

Interview Questions

• Design a presentation about the relevance of social media in higher ed   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seattle University (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Submit via online, they actually do contact you back if they are interested. Screened via phone call then go in for an in person interview with the team you would be working with. Each member of the team interviews / meets you and if they like you, you get a call back with a job offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle University (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with the Associate Dean at the time. I was invited in for an in-person interview as well as a follow-up interview. The first interview was with a panel of three women whose roles were supported by the AA position. The second interview was with the AD and the dean's assistant

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle University (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral. I had a 30 min phone interview with the supervisor and then came in to the office for an in person interview with the supervisor and another employee. The process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The Mission is very important at SU. What part of the Mission statement of the university do you identify with?   Answer Question

Grounds Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Seattle University (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

They asked a bunch of good questions. They wanted to know if I knew how to use a shovel and a rake. Have I ever driven a tractor or pulled weeds.

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to hold a rake when you are raking leaves?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Seattle University (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

I went on 13 different interviews to get my position. It seemed very unorganized and like no one was really sure why we were all participating in the interview over and over and over.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about this interview process?   1 Answer

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seattle University (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I went into a room was interviewed by three supervisors. They asked me generic interview questions, such as, what are your strengths and weaknesses? Overall it was not that difficult of an interview.

Student Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle University in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was very traditional and I was asked behavioral questions. I was asked about 4 questions and then I asked 3 questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle University in March 2015.

Interview

About a month and a half after I applied I got an email from the hiring manager asking if I was still interested. A week later she got back to me again and arranged a phone interview. It was only 30 minutes (no opportunity to go longer - she even gave me a 3 minute warning) and she very obviously had a standard set of questions she had to ask everyone. A couple days after that I was invited to a second round of interviews. This one took about 1.5 hours. First I interviewed with the hiring mgr and another mgr in the department for about an hour. They had a mix of situational and direct questions. Then I was walked over to another department where I met with a VP that I would also be working with. Two days later they checked my references. About 4 days after that she got back to me offering the job. It required a background check. No negotiations at all.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the first 30 60 and 90 days in the position and how will you make an impact?   Answer Question