Select Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Select Medical Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Select Medical.

Interview

I was interviewed by several department heads, I received the job but later transferred to another department due to the lack of effort by some of my coworkers, I ultimately left that department because it was worse then the first positon.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Select Medical.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. Had a brief conversation with her and was scheduled for an in-person interview. Was interviewed by two people, mostly behavior-based questions, given a tour, and told I would be contacted the next week after all interviews were finished. I never heard back from them again, not even a canned rejection email. I think this is incredibly rude, it is a basic courtesy to hear back (good or bad).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...:insert basic scenario here.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Select Medical.

Interview

casual, met with manager and HR director. Lots of emphasis on the orientation process and online mandatory classes. Friendly management at Canton facility.they are looking for tough nurses who can handle a lot!

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Select Medical (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Shared the environment and tools used for this role and Ask to talk about your experience and then followed with bunch of SQL questions and then ask whether I have any developing experience in writing new ETL packages and whether I have done stored procedures and whether I have done SQL profiling .

Interview Questions

• what is a cursor and what's the benefits and disadvantages; what's the difference between truncate statement and delete statement; what's clustered index and non-clustered index   Answer Question

MEDICAL BILLING Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Select Medical in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, couple of weeks later I had an in-person interview. Staff was extremely nice!!!! I was interviewed by two ladies. Very comfortable atmosphere! Laid back, but very professional!
    The ladies asked a bunch of questions, but I did not feel pressured or that I answered incorrectly.

Interview Questions

• in your career , where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Clinical Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Select Medical (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The recruiter called me and we had a pleasant phone conversation about the job requirements and my salary expectations. She was very nice and very professional. She called me a few days later to confirm an in person interview with the Directors of Business Development. The in person interview was the most interesting interview I've ever had! I skipped lunch to attend the interview and let the DBDs know I wasn't nervous but just hungry. They offered me a banana, which I ate and joked about through out the interview, all the while remaining professional and attentive.

Interview Questions

• Do have any relationships with case managers in the hospitals where you will be assigned?   1 Answer
    • I asked what would be the most important thing I could accomplish on my first 60 days with Select Medical.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated my salary and a signing bonus. It was a good experience and I got very close to what I asked but more importantly I got exactly what I wanted.

Patient Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Severna Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Select Medical (Severna Park, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

it was short and simple , they wanted to know what kind of person you were more than anything. They care about how you communicate , if you cam make jokes and relate to others etc

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here . How can you contribute to us   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Select Medical (Golden Valley, MN).

Interview

Poor communication, kept me waiting for two weeks only not to hire me. Why not just tell me the 4 times I talked to HR after my interview

Interview Questions

• what kind of nurse are you   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Select Medical.

Interview

Phone interview, lasted about 20 minutes. Recruiter was very professional throughout the interview, however, never followed up on the position, even after stating during the phone interview that she would. I called a week later to check on the status and never received a return phone call.

Interview Questions

• What are your primary responsibilities in your current role?   Answer Question

Clinical Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Select Medical.

Interview

Local HR rep calls you, phone screen, immediate supervisor will call you, quick phone interview, Regional Manager will call you. Then HR will make an offer to you. Ask for as much money as you can even if you think its outrageous. You very well may get it.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any established relationships with Case Managers at any local hospitals?   1 Answer
    • They ask about your personal life. Married, divorced, kids, living situation & transportation. Seems innappropriate.   1 Answer