Sensient Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sensient Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.6

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies.

Interview

Ver organized and smooth. I was initially contacted via phone by an HR rep and then was interviewed by my current boss via phone. After both phone interviews, I was invited for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by several managers. The interviews were mostly to get to know me and my resume.

Administrative Position Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies.

Interview

They contacted in response to seeing my resume on a job board. I was not looking for a job at the time as I was doing a contract position elsewhere. HR in Milwaukee contact me (key words here) about a position and then forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. Ironically the hiring manager used to work for the place I was contracted to and called my direct supervisor without me knowing!!! 30 days later the contact position I am on is suddenly ended due to "budgetary restraints" - yeah right.

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulare, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Tulare, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

i was contacted by a corporate recruiter who stated that they were now moving to screening external candidates and that i was at the top of their list. he also stated that it had been quite some time and he apologized for the time duration. very professional and personable guy. after a very pleasant conversation, he stated he would pass me onto the hiring managers for review and i should hear about next steps in a week or so.
    two weeks passed, and i had heard no updates so i left a follow up voicemail as to the next steps (if there were any).
    just today i received an email stating that they had made an offer to another candidate, and that the cost of living index would not have been advantageous based on my current salary. Stated that the HR director would keep me in mind for higher level positions in the future.
    im giving a positive in this regard as the feedback was open and honest, which is a rarity in today's job market. definitely a professional company.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview...relatively simple. Recruiter who did the interviewing was very nice and asked straightforward questions. Focused on personal accomplishments outside of academics. Really wanted to know if you would fit in with the culture, seemed as though they would train the right person. Asked about experiences in a team environment. Also wanted to ensure that you had worked on substantive work previously. It sounded as though, they have their interns do actual work, which is of course preferable to doing nothing.

Technical Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies.

Interview

I never got a chance to interview but I would like to mention that the recruiter who got in touch with me via LinkedIn stood me up twice. We scheduled an initial phone interview which she ignored. I called her 5 minutes after our scheduled appointment and she said that she scheduled me on the following day with a closing satement "I will call you tomorrow, specifically". I respected her request and did not try to get in touch with her when she did not call as scheduled, once again. I read some of the reviews here about the company culture and my experience seems to be in line with those reviews.

Needless to say, I will keep looking somewhere else.

Process Engineer/Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

First was an initial phone interview with a corporate HR recruiter. Then there was a phone interview with the operations manager at the facility. Finally an onsite interview with four members of the management team.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you helped someone through a difficult transition?   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

3 Group interviews with two managers interviewing at a time in the plant production supervisors office. I was there for approximately 2 hours. Managers where from different departments thru out the plant. I was asked about a lot of different situation and how I would handle each one.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to be a supervisor   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies in April 2016.

Interview

Called me for a mini-interview and to schedule a meeting in person. We were setting a date and he suddenly hung up. Never picked up again and never called me again. What the ****?

R&D Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies.

Interview

Interviewer rescheduled interview multiple times. Interview was otherwise fairly normal. Was asked fairly standard questions. Was asked about previous experience. Was given information about the company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

3 people - very pleasant experience. They asked the typical questions. Brought in someone from the department. It was more to see if I was a fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Q. typical questions. Wanted to make sure that this is going to be a "career."   1 Answer