Sensient Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.7

Division Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very Stuffy...loved to proclaim that they lived in gray areas...Didn't care for the atmosphere or the demand that work came before everything....Even went to corporate for interview with CEO and other C-levels....I was ready to run fast and far from this company.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Modesto, CA).

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a panel in person interview. Standard interview questions consisting of technical knowledge and behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a decision made by your manager.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (South Plainfield, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on-line and was contacted about 4-5 days later. I had a phone screen with an HR Manager based in the Milwaukie HQ who was very nice and knowledgable about what they were looking for with the role and the culture of the company. The company is business formal and very lean. He asked a few behavioral questions but nothing too difficult. About a week later I had a phone screen with the Hiring Manager. He explained the role more in depth and was more or less trying to gauge my interest and fit with the team and didn't ask any behavioral questions. After about a week I was contacted by HR in NJ to set up an on-site interview with the team. I was scheduled to meet with 2 Directors, Controller, Hiring Manger and HR in a 2 hour period. When I arrived I was advised that the Controller wasn't on-site and I was supposed to finish up with HR to have any questions addressed but towards the end she never came back in. About a week later I received an email stating that the position had been downgraded to a Manager and filled internally. I was really hoping for a phone call at least as they told me they were only interviewing 5 people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to be flexible to accommodate a coworker?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Hoffman Estates, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

One on one interview/company overview with immediate customer service supervisor with time for Q/A; followed by shadowing of employee currently in same position; followed by interview with director of CS, including review of benefits, etc.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Turlock, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Turlock, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I came across the listing on Careers in Food and applied online. 2 days after my application, I received a phone call to schedule my first round interview. The first round interview was with my hiring manager. A few days after, I received a call for second round interview. Second round interview consists of a presentation to 7 panelists at their main office in Turlock.

Interview Questions

• What do you wish to gain from this internship? Why Sensient Natural Ingredients?   Answer Question

Applications Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Communicated with HR via email to arrange a phone interview. About a week later, engaged in the phone interview, which lasted about 20 minutes. About 3-4 days later, I was in touch with HR again for an onsite interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

quick and efficient they called quickly after i applied online and stayed in touch with me throughout the whole process to make sure we stayed on the same page. Very pleasant!

Interview Questions

• experience that is relevant?   1 Answer

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies.

Interview

Ver organized and smooth. I was initially contacted via phone by an HR rep and then was interviewed by my current boss via phone. After both phone interviews, I was invited for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by several managers. The interviews were mostly to get to know me and my resume.

Administrative Position Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies.

Interview

They contacted in response to seeing my resume on a job board. I was not looking for a job at the time as I was doing a contract position elsewhere. HR in Milwaukee contact me (key words here) about a position and then forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. Ironically the hiring manager used to work for the place I was contracted to and called my direct supervisor without me knowing!!! 30 days later the contact position I am on is suddenly ended due to "budgetary restraints" - yeah right.

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulare, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensient Technologies (Tulare, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

i was contacted by a corporate recruiter who stated that they were now moving to screening external candidates and that i was at the top of their list. he also stated that it had been quite some time and he apologized for the time duration. very professional and personable guy. after a very pleasant conversation, he stated he would pass me onto the hiring managers for review and i should hear about next steps in a week or so.
    two weeks passed, and i had heard no updates so i left a follow up voicemail as to the next steps (if there were any).
    just today i received an email stating that they had made an offer to another candidate, and that the cost of living index would not have been advantageous based on my current salary. Stated that the HR director would keep me in mind for higher level positions in the future.
    im giving a positive in this regard as the feedback was open and honest, which is a rarity in today's job market. definitely a professional company.