SerialTek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at SerialTek

Candidate Interview Review

Digital Design/Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SerialTek (San Jose, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I was sought out after posting a resume to a job site via and email. The president of the company was coming to my university to conduct interviews and wanted to interview me. We arranged a time and eventually the interview was conducted on campus at a career services location.

Questions:

He asked my why I wanted to be an engineer and how long I had known that.

He asked questions to assess my creativity level.

Then we had skill based questions:

I was asked to write some VHDL or Verilog by hand to implement a state machine diagram that he handed me about a SATA device interface.

He asked me a simple algebra question to figure out how much it would cost (how many quarters) to stack quarters end to end from the ground to the top of the empire state building.

He also asked a question about creating an 8 input AND gate using 3 4:1 Muxes.

Result:

He asked when I could start and we talked about salary and everything. After learning that my schedule was not going to work, he apologized and that was that!

Interview Questions

• Create a 8 input AND gate using 3 4:1 muxes   7 Answers
    • Write the VHDL or Verilog code for a given state machine diagram.   Answer Question
    • How many quarters would it take to stack end to end from the ground to the top of the empire state building. State your assumptions.   Answer Question