ServiceNow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Knoxville, TN) in September 2019.

Interview

Received call from someone in the management chain who received my resume from a mutual contact. Internal folks verified my work history and experience with mutual contacts. Spoke to 3 different peers over the phone and answered some basic questions. One call with a director who was very concerned about personality and customer focus.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about setting up an enterprise SOC?   1 Answer

Senior UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceNow.

Interview

The initial phone screen call with the hiring manager was skipped and it went straight to a 45 minute call with the design manager. I thought the call went great, I got good feedback, but then didn't hear back for 2 weeks. I followed up with the hiring manager and still no response at all.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter for 30 minutes. She explained the company and role and asked about my interests. Asked how long I used certain technologies. Asked what I knew about the company. Asked what salary I wanted.

2. A week later, had a Zoom technical/behavioral call with the director of the team for 30 minutes. No coding. He asked about my projects, what project am I most proud of, how did I handle a difficult teammate, what I knew about the company, why did I leave my previous job, where do I see myself in 5 years/10 years. Technical questions included: walk me through how you would find the overlaps between two contracts given start and end time of the contract, how would you find all the passwords in a file and turn them into X's.

3. Early the following week, had a 30 minute Zoom call with a technical recruiter so he could prepare me for the onsite final round. I appreciated that they did this so you can get more information on the onsite and ask all your questions. The recruiter couldn't say too many specifics though.

4. A few days later, had the 3 hour Zoom onsite. Consisted of 4 rounds all 45 minutes long with a 15 minute break in the middle:

First 3 rounds with 2 engineers each: consisted of 10 mins of chatting about myself and resume questions as well as some technical questions like: explain big O, what are promises in JavaScript, tell me about projects involving Java, how do you test. Next 30 minutes was a coding question done through hackerrank. The questions I got are in the section below. I felt like some of the interviewers were not very responsive/helpful and would just remain silent until I asked if I was heading in the right direction. When I was done, I was asked to test it, give time and space complexity and see how I could optimize it. Last couple minutes I was able to ask them questions.

Last round was a panel of 3 managers/directors: lots of behavior questions such as what are top 3 things you care about when writing good code, talk about projects and teams, why did you get into software, tell me about your leadership positions.

I received the rejection call/email an hour later telling me about the feedback.

Overall it was a fast process and I really liked all the managers/recruiters I talked to. I got the general consensus from everyone that it was a great company to work for because of the culture. They seemed to tailor the questions to my resume so I didn't get any questions that were completely foreign to me. The technical questions were not hard in my opinion but I have performance anxiety when it comes to live coding. They are looking for people that fit the culture as well and the feedback mentioned they loved my personality but could not hire me because of the coding skill.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Given an integer, if the number is prime, return 1. Otherwise return its smallest divisor greater than 1. e.g. if n = 24, its divisors are [1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 24]. The smallest divisor greater than 1 is 2.   Answer Question
    • Leetcode 49 Group Anagrams   Answer Question
    • Leetcode 238. Product of Array Except Self   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

30 minute phone screen with basic experience questions, 30 minute call with hiring manager, four 30 minute interviews with team members/business partners, a final interview with hiring manager. They literally never followed up — said to expect to hear back in two weeks.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

3-4 rounds of interviews (manager-level in same Business Unit, director, another director, and direct supervisor)

They made me do actual work for them as part of their interview process. I had to do a competitive analysis and find business intelligence on their competitors. They wanted a complete a presentation done. I had to do this twice and I made it to the final round of interviews. In the end, they made up excuses like, "oh our funding for the business unit has recently change" and made gave me false hope about changes in funding that would lead to a hire. Very shady.

Global Programs and Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Someone on the team reached out to me instead of a recruiter(which was weird because normally a recruiter would do so). After the final interviews I got ghosted by the team. Because there was no recruiter, I reached out to the team member and got who opened my email but didn't respond. If I use my time to interview - the minimum courtesy would be to respond to an email.

In hindsight I dodged a bullet here since it showed how they operate. If you interview with Durga Raja Karimpet, I'd urge you to reconsider.

Interview Questions

• Pricing, Excel, Salesforce, Projects, Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

I interviewed for the senior software engineer for vulnerability response team. Recruiter was awesome. He gave me all the information about the position. First call was with the recruiter. Second was video and technical screen share with the manager and architect. Manager asked me to give intro, talk about my resume, technical difficulty I faced, question about rest api, difference between put and post. Architect was really rude with me. She asked a design question which she didn’t explained properly. When I asked her to clarify it, she just repeated the same thing and was silent the whole time when I was solving it. After that, when I asked her my questions she was giving just giving one line reply. It felt like she wasn’t in a mood for the interview. Complete waste of time.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I'm really disappointed with the interview process as ServiceNow. To start there were frequent delays in scheduling the interviews. After initial screening with the manager I was asked for onsite interview. I was given the schedule for the interview only a day before. Then I was asked to attend an interview with the lead at offshore location to which I agreed to attend in my night time.

There were 5 rounds at onsite each 30 mins which is bizarre to say the least as it gives very little time to really understand the interviewer and the thought process on which they are trying to judge. I don't know how the interviewer would make a decision on such a short interaction.

More over the technical questions were all repetitive. In one of the rounds I was asked to share the SQL query but I wasn't allowed to write. Now I'm not sure how anyone could just dictate a tricky SQL query. I tried but apparently failed. Good luck finding a mugger who would be able to meet such expectations.

Overall, I thought the questions were relatively easy but the process made it tough to convey my thoughts. If this is how the company interviews I would recommend everybody to give it a try. One should have such an experience to really appreciate a good interview/interviewer.

Interview Questions

• 1. SQL Top N analysis (in all technical rounds).
      2. SQL Lead/Lag application (which I tried without using the functions but apparently interviewer just needed the function name)
      3. Mid level join queries.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Waltham, MA) in April 2020.

Interview

I had a very good experience interviewing for ServiceNow. It felt more like a casual conversation, made me feel very comfortable throughout the interview. He asked basic questions about myself, my background, how that could translate to the role, why I'm interested in sales/tech. The manager was also a very passionate person and seems to be very happy doing what he does.

Corporate Strategy Associate Interview

Interview

I applied to the position online and got a phone interview within a week. The person I talked to was very nice and informative about the position. However, they needed someone who could start right away, and I was still at school for a few more months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

The process was straight forward with a recruiting manager doing an initial phone screen, followed by speaking with a hiring manager and finally, a panel. The conversations were pleasant and straightforward with topics focusing on skill set and experience. Recruiter was always on top of it.