ServiceNow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ServiceNow Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ServiceNow.

Interview

I have interviewed two times for two different teams. At beginning, each team manager will directly contact you about the position through the email. I have faced situations that these managers did not reply back to my email. One manger did not follow up after the phone interview, another manger did not follow up because I was not available at the two dates he provided. I think probably they are busy. If they are not interested in you, you will never hear back from them.

Solution Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

After an online submission I was contact by the hiring mgr within days (no HR or recruiting team). Had a great first call, followed by a 1:1 meeting, and a positive peer review call. I was subsequently asked to meet with the mgt team and be prepared to do a demo. While waiting for the meeting invite and timeline, things went silent. I followed up several times without avail over the course of 3 weeks. I never received a reply or any acknowledgement. Highly unprofessional. ServiceNow is looking for rapid growth over the next 2 years, and they'd better obtain some professional courtesy as well because this approach is indicative of poor management and poor service.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

No recruiter contact, was contacted by the hiring manager who setup a phone interview with a team member.
    The interview unexpectantly was video interview. One programming question. Easy question though.
    Silence and no feedback for a week, then suddenly email from manager asking for another phone interview. This time I knew it was a video interview. A couple of programming questions again, not too tough.
    Then email for a third phone interview. I was surprised since i was a local candidate and most companies just invite onsite after one round of phone interivew.
    The third video interview was with hiring manager who asked one question each in java and javascript. He asked me to work on my local IDE, so was even easier to solve.
    The was invited over for an onsite round of 3 hours. Spoke with 3 interviewers ( the first was my phone interviewer itself).
    All three rounds interesting - design, javascript basics, design, algorithm and UI questions.
    Then had a brief round of conversation with the hiring manager in which he asked me my current compensation.

After that i was contacted by the hiring manager on the following Monday saying that he will make me an offer, and asked if I had any number in mind and for two references. I provided the references and told that i expected ServiceNow to make a competitive offer.

On the next day, i received an email from the hiring manager stating that he wanted me to come in for another round of interviews with his manager and another team mate. When i confirmed the date for that, he sent me a homework excercise in AngularJS to complete as well.

This was the tipping point - I decided not to continue further with such an indecisive hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager was very keen on knowing whether i was interviewing with other companies or not. When i told him truthfully yes, he wanted to know about the company names and then kept asking if i got an offer from them or not.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied to the job posting on LinkedIn. I got an email the next day for setting up a technical screen. It was a typical senior level software engineering interview process. A technical phone screen followed by on-site technical, design and behavioral rounds for 4 to 5 hours. Since I was San Diego local, the process went pretty quickly and smoothly. All of the interviewers were pretty competent and fun to work with at the first impression.

Interview Questions

• Study algorithms, system design and all standard interview questions. More importantly, be yourself. You will need to be able relate a situation with the past experiences you might have and then provide your answers accordingly -- especially if you are interviewing for a staff level / leadership roles.   Answer Question

Solution Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow in March 2017.

Interview

The interview with management was informal. The demo of the ServiceNow product for your potential peers and leadership was the most difficult part. No difficult interview questions to speak of.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics do you believe make a good Solution Consultant?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on the salary but it was a competitive offer given my current salary.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA).

Interview

They asked questions about my experience with testing projects that I've worked on before. They asked how I would debug a program that I didn't code and what approaches I would use. They also asked an easy technical coding question. Most of the interview was behavioral. They also ask to provide an expected compensation number.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceNow.

Interview

Standard phone screen. During the end of the interview they asked questions about my salary. They said they would need proof of income if I was chosen for the role. I thought it was tacky to say the least.

Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

A very lengthy process...with changes made along the way. I interviewed with four people on the phone and six in person. That's five hours worth of interviews, including prep time. (I researched the company and all people who interviewed me, which they were nice enough to provide names before the interviews.)

After this process, I was told via blind box that I didn't get the position. Because I like to know feedback for the future, I was informed the job description had been updated after I had applied for the position. Extremely disappointed, because I could have avoided the stress of flying to another state, along with the prep involved. The interviews went well, from my standpoint. But with ever moving goalposts, I'm afraid the work environment would follow suit.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone interview - General concepts and previous experience details,
    followed by and Face to face interview - detailed analytical intewrview by panel to judge the candidates ability
    There would be another general interview.

Interview Questions

• Practical oriented questions.
      Mostly related with business function
      Strong in SQL
      Analysis
      Customer focus
      Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceNow in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter through an email which looked like automated email .I set up the phone screen via email. However, i was unable to make the phone interview due to personal issue.The recruiter asked me via email to give the next available dates, which i promptly did.
    However, i haven't heard back from the recruiter in over a week and found out on the jobvite site that my application was no longer considered.