ServiceNow Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 727 reviews

3.5
ServiceNow CEO John Donahoe
John Donahoe
Pros
  • "Company is growing consistently at 40%(in 33 reviews)

• "The ServiceNow platform delivers on it's promises to customers, so great product - very easy to feel comfortable and confident to advocate for it(in 31 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"AmazingFirm"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quality of work,level of competency of team love the comapny

Cons

weird business hours as my devs are all over the world

ServiceNow2019-06-27

"Work here if you want to grow"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) ServiceNow hires great people, they're "adults" (not always the case in Tech) and they genuinely care about each other. 2) Growing like crazy, so much opportunity to learn and advance in every part of the org 3) There is a pride in our product that is rare (and deserved). 4) We are truly are hungry and humble (one of our values). The entitlement you see at other Tech companies is non-existent, and people... are hungry to keep raising the bar and do it QUICK (I left a similar sized tech company with WAY more red tape and bureaucracy, I'm amazed at how fast you can do things here ). 5) Great work/life balance! 6) John Donahoe and the world-class leadership team have transformed this company over the last few years 7) They care about diversity, inclusion and equality. We're still building this capability but the company/leaders truly believe in this and are taking positive steps.

Cons

A lot of people who've been here 3-5+ years struggle with the rapid change we're in now. They want to do it "the way it's always been done" and many have never worked for a world-class org and don't know how to scale. So there's some growing pains between employees who are legacy and newly hired in the last ~2 years. Don't come here if you need a nap pod. Or expect free gelato on every floor. The snack rooms are... well stocked with good food, but we do pay for lunch in the tasty and affordable cafe. The benefits are almost as good as industry, 401k is still lower, but everything else pretty much on-par. ServiceNow is also stingier on things like team outing budget and have clamped down on travel some quarters.

Advice to Management

Management is SO accessible, there is so little ego here I've never seen anything like it. I appreciate our leaders and how they talk openly about their failures, wins, and where they're personally trying to learn and continue to grow. It's rare to see that type of vulnerability among an exec staff. Thank you!

ServiceNow2019-09-05
  3. "Super stressful environment"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at ServiceNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent snack/break room areas, skilled and talented team members, never a dull moment, always on the roll.

Cons

Specially the IT Apps - super fast & stressful work environment, Management and executives always herding teams for more projects with stringent timeliness and low resource allocations. Meaning: churn out more with low resources and short amount of time. No downtime or relief between between projects. By the time you are wrapping up a project, the next project is already in yellow or red with overtime/... mitigations in place for project recovery.

Advice to Management

Lousy work life balance. Lot of talk from senior management or executives on improvements but when it comes to project deliveries - motto is customers or stakeholders are always right no matter what!

ServiceNow2019-09-19

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time

Pros

- Great company with great benefit package, competitive salary - Awesome work environment with skillful co-workers - Work-life balance

Cons

Growing company so still having a lot of changes

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you are doing

ServiceNow2019-08-24
  5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Client Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time

Pros

Great people, great product, great customers

Cons

Getting a bit middle management heavy

Advice to Management

Get into the field, keep listening to customers, and creating great customer relationships!

ServiceNow2019-08-26
  6. "A fast-growing company with weird communication atmosphere at the workplace"

Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive package. Good facilities and services.

Cons

Some of coworkers are very unprofessional. Communication skills have been valued tremendously higher than the real professional knowledge.

ServiceNow2019-08-26
  7. "Fairness Matters"

Current Employee - Manager - Federal Sales in Vienna, VA

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Product is well liked by clients.

Cons

Those from non traditional backgrounds have to work twice as hard and the hard work is not as equally recognized and awarded as thse who grew up in IT.

Advice to Management

Treat contributing employees more fairly for better buy-in and retention.

ServiceNow2019-09-09
  8. "Corporate Marketing Leadership needs improvement"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at ServiceNow full-time

Pros

Really nice people, good work/life balance

Cons

Marketing senior leadership needs improvement,, does not bring out the best in its people.

ServiceNow2019-08-27
  9. "Good culture, better product"

Current Employee - Senior Data A

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A big motivating factor at Servicenow is the product and how much customer's like it. The overall culture is OK, with some folks willing to lend a helping hand to ensure a good flow of communication vs. sometimes where you are completely left in the dark. A fairly relaxed work environment but sometimes things can get pretty fast.

Cons

Too much middle management obstructs the junior employees from experimenting new and innovative ways of doing work which can cause some resentment and frustration

ServiceNow2019-08-11

"Cronyism and discrimination"

I worked at ServiceNow

Pros

None that I personally experienced.

Cons

Rampant cronyism and people being fired at a moment’s notice for political reasons. I was discriminated against on a project due to my age, race and appearance. Nothing of course that I could prove in court, just heard second hand from a colleague I trust who was flabbergasted. But then again, that’s how discrimination is done, isn’t it? They don’t come out and tell you why you’re being discriminated against, do... they?

Advice to Management

Truly live by your mission and values, and get rid of the people who don’t-not the good people producing good work just because you don’t like them.

ServiceNow2019-09-11