Sewell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sewell

Sort:

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sewell (Provo, UT) in December 2013.

Interview

I went through two extensive interviews, one where the CEO was present. i was very impressed with the value they place on Human Capital. They gave me case studies and asked very specific questions that showed how well I would fit at the company. The interview process was part of the reason I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• They gave me three different products, and then had me ask questions about the products to determine where my priorities should be. Based on the questions I asked, they judged my performance.   Answer Question

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell (Orem, UT).

Interview

This interview process is pretty intense. I had three interviews, one with the owner and CEO. They care about who they hire. For this position it was a little overkill. I spent over 7 hours being interviewed and answering follow up questions. They are very analytical and will ask very difficult questions. While I understand the need for quality employees it was a huge turn off how long they took to get back to me. It was over the course of three or four weeks before I had heard anything. Because they took so long to get back to me I choose to go with another employer. I gained a lot of experience from their interview process but in the end it was frustrating feeling like I spent so much time and then having to wait and wait for an official offer. I hope they can learn to speed up the interview process because they missed out on a potential employee. After the three interviews (1-2 hours each) they asked for a background check and had me take an ethics test that took another half hour, it was a little overkill for me. Not the type of people I want to work for.

Interview Questions

• They had me write a google ad on a product that I didn't know existed.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sewell (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Personality test and on campus interview then an on-site interview. At the on-site interview you will interview with multiple people from the dealership in one on one interviews. For the on campus interview I had 2 employees in the same interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you change your sales pitch if you were in a commission only job?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Applied at campus career fair from there had an interview with a math test, then a longer more detailed reasoning test that took about an hour and was made up of some math and other personality type questions and lastly an on site interview at a dealership.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sewell (College Station, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The initial interview was great and very straightforward. They asked general questions and wanted to get to know you as a person.

They asked the typical questions about strengths and weaknesses things like that.

After the interview I took a short aptitude test. That included basic functions like math and logic problems.

Then a few days later I had to take another aptitude test this one took over an hour to complete. This had more detailed math problems. There was also shapes you had to find the patterns in and things like that.

Everyone at Sewell seemed extremely friendly and kind.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell.

Interview

Behavioral Interview for the first round at university. Second round was a 3 hour long aptitude/personality test. Third round was at the dealership. Easy process. They were trying to get a read on if you fit their culture or not. They are hiring students with hopes of you eventually signing with them full time.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were personality based to see if you could communicate effectively with people. Asked about things on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating was necessary at all. They gave a competitive price plus a $2000 bonus/scholarship at the end of the internship.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell.

Interview

Hiring process was excellent. Performed a meet and greet first. Informed students about the company with actual employees that where not upper management. Performed several one on one interviews before doing a long day assessment with a round robin of interviews with mid management.
    Hiring process was long, but I do agree with it as I enjoyed working those long days with my fellow colleagues.

Negotiation

None.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sewell (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Expect 2-3 week process. First interview with HR for 30 minutes then you'll take a math test( simple math). If you pass that test you'll come back for a personality test and an additional math test. Next you meet with your supervisor and HR. Very professional and not intimidating. I didn't receive an offer, but HR did call and say they went with another candidate which I appreciated.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sewell (College Station, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. I meet with lots of people and took a couple of test. Test included personality test, skill test, math test. Went through campus interviews as well as office interviews with each of the dealerships. Over all through the process really got a good feel for the type of people in the company.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate? Why do you want to be in this business?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell in October 2014.

Interview

They came to TAMU campus and hosted an information session, which consisted of probably 100 students. Then they interview you and take a personality test in one day. If they like you they have you come to 2 or 3 dealerships to interview. Going to the dealerships, they show you around and let you get a feel for the company.