Shadow Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shadow Financial Interview Questions

Interviews at Shadow Financial

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shadow Financial.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my college career fair and was offered an interview. I was interviewed by a person from HR and a person working in the software development team. The questions were mostly behavioral and questions about previous projects I worked on. I was given a 5 question technical skills quiz at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe the meaning of public, private, and protected.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shadow Financial (Piscataway, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

Met someone on campus at a career fair, they called me up a few days later and invited me in to interview. I came in and they had me meet with 4 people. First was HR, it was a skype call which was pretty strange and I could have done it from home. She asked me typical HR questions, how did you handle? something challenging? how did you work on teams? what do you like and dislike about specific classes? Next I met with a financial guy also on skpye. He asked me more general questions regard project planning and execution. The third guy I met with was in person and much more technical, there were no algorithm or data structure questions more like how did you work on teams and lead others, and explain specifically if I (the interviewer) was on your team how would you tell me what to do? how was it leading a team? how did you split up the work? Lots of specific questions that you should be able to asnwer

Interview Questions

• Typical project questions, nothing on algorithms and data structures - be able to explain projects in immense detail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shadow Financial (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Interview was good. Asked a lot of behavioral questions. Then gave a sheet of paper with technical questions to answer. The technical questions were for C++ language and were fairly basic and simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shadow Financial (Piscataway, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Very considerate staff. The interview day was structured well and the staff interviewing me were polite and informative. I was able to get a real picture of what the company did and its culture. They did give a test, which was average in difficulty. The HR department updated me throughout the process - all in all - a very positive experience. Unfortunately, I did not get an offer but the experience with them was beneficial.

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shadow Financial (Piscataway, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke briefly with the hiring manager and was asked to come in for an interview. Had three 1 on 1's. One with HR and two with Developers. Overall process was pretty casual, just about what I did at my previous job and college experiences etc. Did not have the chance to negotiate my salary.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shadow Financial.

Interview

1st interview is a phone interview With Human Resources

2nd Interview is at their site in Piscataway, NJ, First you meet with HR(Video Conference) and then you meet with the person who oversees all of the programmers

-There is a 5 question exam at the end

Interview Questions

• how many bits make up a short, int, long, double, and Float.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shadow Financial in October 2014.

Interview

Met at career fair. I was called in to interview in person. Interviewed by 2 people, one from HR, the other one developer. Took a technical exam with 5 short questions. Didn't hear back. It's been a month.

Interview Questions

• Difference between float, int, double. Which is bigger.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shadow Financial (Piscataway, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Basic C++ questions were asked as well as basic interview questions in general. It was a standard process and they made it very presentable. Nothing should come as a surprise to how they do things.

Interview Questions

• Q:What is the significance of a destructor?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shadow Financial.

Interview

I underwent a 2 part interview process. A brief in person meeting and a longer in person interview with the Human Resources Manager. i was asked a series of well-tailored and intuitive behavioral questions and given clear and extensive background about Shadow and what the company does, where it's going, and what it's values are.

Interview Questions

• Why was I not working in education?   1 Answer

Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shadow Financial.

Interview

I met with members of the Shadow Financial team at a career fair at my college. After following up via email, we set up a phone interview. This was mostly behavioral, where they explained what exactly the company does, and answered some basic questions. We set up an on-site interview for the following week.

While at the onsite, there were three rounds of people. After sitting in the lobby for 15 minutes, I was called back to a conference room where I spoke with an HR manager over Skype. Our conversation was mostly behavioral once again, and she explained the business process at Shadow. She also informed me that I will be taking a short, 5 question exam at the end.
    Next, I met with one of the architects, where he asked me technical related questions. I had a negative experience with this, as it seemed as though he was trying to belittle my previous experience, not actively listening to what I was saying, and he seemed overall unprepared. My conversation with him lasted about 40 minutes, where he asked me specific technical questions based off of what my resume said. After waiting alone in the conference room for another twenty minutes, finally, I met with the technical manager. My conversation with him was a lighthearted mix of the previous two rounds, but ultimately he was an extremely nice guy about the whole process, and seemed impressed with my experience. The day concluded with the five question exam that was on C++ basics.

Interview Questions

• Exam Questions:

How many bits are in these primitive data types?
      Swap the value of these two integers.
      Explain boxing and unboxing.
      What are the differences between private, public and protected?
      Implement a linkedlist remove function.   Answer Question