Share Our Strength Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Share Our Strength

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Share Our Strength (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

There was a three round process. First, phone interview with senior coordinators. Second, in person interview. Third, meet the stand. Nothing too crazy stood out. They want to get to know you and what your experience is. Big plus if you have worked with inner city youth before, as well as a great problem solver. Be confident in your experience and what you look for in a team and job.

Interview Questions

• Background experience and what are my steps in problem solving.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Share Our Strength.

Interview

Interview started 10-15 minutes late, with no note ahead of time. Was told results provided by end of the week, early the next at the very latest. Did not hear back, so waited another week. Sent an email asking about status, received an OOO, and no response to my email at any point. I'm fine not moving forward, but found it highly unprofessional that I was told I would be given a response and then ignored.

Interview Questions

• What strengths and weaknesses will you bring to the position?   Answer Question

Director Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Share Our Strength.

Interview

It was a basic process. Started with a phone interview then moved to in-person. I found the process rather cold, it may have just been the person I interviewed with both on the phone and in-person. Not much else to say. I was very standard stuff, no surprises. I felt the process was rather drawn out, but I'm sure the timeline made sense for their internal timeline.

Interview Questions

• The usual. Questions about management style and leadership abilities. Why are you leaving your current job. Where do you want to be in five years.   Answer Question

Field Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Share Our Strength (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I only completed an initial phone interview for this position. It was a pretty standard interview. The interviewer was laid back and friendly. Our conversation lasted about 25-30 minutes. I was not chosen for the position so I did not get another interview.

Interview Questions

• Some questions they asked: "What are your 3 top strengths in the workplace?" "How does this job fit into your career goals?" "How's the job search going, and what do you see on this listing that fits into what you are looking for?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Share Our Strength (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Met interviewing through referral, and interviewed twice. Once in person, one on telephone. Interviewer was nice, knowledgeable and had interesting conversation topics. The first interview was more informal, but the second more technical and focused on the job to be done. Got an offer shortly after the second interview. After getting the offer got e-mail for HR and after some paperwork the decision was set. It was a great internship with a lot of important learnings.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Share Our Strength (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interviewed with two people for about 30 minutes each. They were both friendly and relaxed. I appeared they were looking at my resume for the first time when they sat down to speak with me. None the less, the conversation was good. It was mostly led by me which allowed me to highlight points. I also learned a great deal about the organization. I did at the end get the sense they had an internal candidate and they were just doing due diligence before hiring internally. None the less, I felt positively about the interview and enjoyed making new contacts.

Interview Questions

• More of a conversation than any formal questions. Told me a little about the position and asked me to speak about how I would be a fit.   Answer Question

Director Role Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Share Our Strength.

Interview

An executive recruiter contacted me, then connected me with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was very nice, but seemed very flustered and disorganized...

We never spoke with any internal HR members. The hiring manager showed strong interest, but then did not respond after two weeks. She then responded that they had given an offer. I suspect that they already had a candidate in mind and had to demonstrate that they interviewed other candidates as part of procedure... It was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any questions that stood out, perhaps because she was still a bit unclear as to the role she was recruiting for. Much of the conversation seemed as if she was sourcing some ideas...   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Share Our Strength in April 2015.

Interview

4 weeks from time applied to interview; Had a screening interview with HR then worked with HR to coordinate an interview which was rescheduled once. After a new date and time was settled I received confirmation that the interview would be with 4 staff and an hour and a half long. When I arrived I met with one staff who after we were done sat waiting for the other staff to arrive. When they didn't show up he stepped out to learn that the other three staff were in a meeting so the interview was over. I followed up twice and didn't receive a response. It felt disjointed and there wasn't coordination.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths? Have you worked with educators/education system?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Share Our Strength in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by a number of employees who were friendly and committed to their jobs. Some employees asked thoughtful and good questions regarding ideas and plans for the position. Seemed by the interviews that the work culture could be chaotic and couldn't get a good sense on why it was structured that way.

Interview Questions

• Who would be a good spokesperson for the organization?   1 Answer

Grant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Share Our Strength in May 2008.

Interview

I participated in an initial phone screening interview, followed by several increasingly detailed in person interviews and a short face-to-face with the CEO. The questions were primarily straightforward, behavioral questions. There was an emphasis on relevance of my experience to hunger issues. The staff I interviewed wtih, including the CEO, were extremely gracious and friendly. After the in-person interviews, I didn't hear from them again and shortly after received an offer for a different position, which I took.