Shepherd University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shepherd University

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shepherdstown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shepherd University (Shepherdstown, WV) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4-5 people. They all asked me questions about my skills. I was also asked about crisis situations, supervisory skills, and being a team player. They also asked me to tell them a bit about myself.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a crisis situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shepherdstown, WV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shepherd University (Shepherdstown, WV).

Interview

The faculty and staff are very friendly and welcoming. They want to get to know you on a personal level as well as understand your goals as an academic. The interview and hiring process is a bit causal and the faculty are straight-forward on the demanding schedule and salary. I highly recommend applying for a position at this institution.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your favorite project and why. Also tell us how it was evaluated and assessed for grading.   Answer Question

Student Center Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shepherdstown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shepherd University (Shepherdstown, WV) in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process consisted of finding a job posting on the University website, which I applied to. Furthermore, I was granted a face-to-face interview where I was asked multiple questions about my experience and qualifications for the job. Overall, the interview was very easy and not much of an overall challenge.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to come in everyday Monday through Friday?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate the set offer which was given to me. I was either given the opportunity to accept the position or leave it.

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shepherdstown, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shepherd University (Shepherdstown, WV) in April 2011.

Interview

Six hours long, give lecture to staff, meet with Dean, Vp, chair of department, they take you out to
    Dinner afterward. They are pretty serious about you if they interview you. However they make the job seem far more doable than it is. They are not helpful once you are hired but helpful during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to
      Work at shepherd?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Accept or decline

Art Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shepherd University in March 2010.

Interview

I had to present my art work to a panel of faculty. Two were receptive, the other did not look up nor stop writing. The questions afterward were simple enough, such as my dedication to art and some background information. One commented on my poor grammar in my resume, which shocked me, because I have excellent grammar. I think she was just intimidated by my use of semi-colons, as after a review of my portfolio, I found no grammatical errors.

Interview Questions

• Do you keep an art journal   1 Answer