Shiloh Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.9

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madisonville, LA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shiloh Industries (Madisonville, LA).

Interview

Applied through an executive search firm 1.5 weeks ago. Contacted by Talent Acquisition the next day to set up a phone screen the following Monday. Both of us were very transparent about HR in general would score it as a good first step. Game plan was to determine when hiring manager would be in Nashville for interviews. Followed up 1 week later and got a note "We have filled the position as of today."

Oh well, I guess they're not interested right? Or based on the other feedback I see here, not a surprise.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shiloh Industries (Valley City, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

At first everything seemed to be going well, but no one seemed to be on the same page. I had long wait times for a response, but I guess that is to be expected.

Interview Questions

• If I would be willing to work overtime?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shiloh Industries (Plymouth, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Short phone screen and in person interview with hiring manager and supervisor. Short tour of the offices and product line. Interviewer was clear about job responsibilities and potential for advancement.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shiloh Industries (Valley City, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

All questions were related to the analyst position but the environment was very relaxing. I didn't feel nervous because the interviewer style was more conversational and the flow went really well. As far as the position, it was explained to me that the company was growing and utilizing new skills and technology so I would be coming in at like a grassroot stage. The company's background was explained and what they were looking for in a new analyst which helped me gauge how I would answer any questions to suit the position. Some things I didn't really have the experience but the interviewer stated that that was no problem and I would learn how to do it while on the job. Overall, I thought the interviewer made the interview process easy and fun because they threw some jokes in the conversation as well. I still left unsure because the interview lasted about 30 minutes and it seemed too laid back.

Interview Questions

• Do you do automated or manual testing?
      What is your BA experience?
      What does your current day look like in your analyst position?
      How to you approach stakeholders when getting requirements?
      What is your method of gathering requirements?
      Do you know Agile?
      Are you familiar with testing? can you write test scripts?
      Do you know Spira?   1 Answer

Machinst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shiloh Industries (Kenosha, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Well to be expected I guess you can say was the length of the interview. Thought maybe with proper planning maybe the interview process would of been a little more professional.

Interview Questions

• What gives you the higher advantage over the rest of the applicants?   Answer Question

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shiloh Industries (Valley City, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

After a long phone interview with CIO and discussion on my background and plans for the future. I had another phone interview with the other managers. Following that they brought me in for a personal interview that lasted 5 hours with CIO and managers followed by interview by team I will be leading.

Interview Questions

• There was not difficult question but they did ask many personal questions and we discussed my family live including adoption of my children   Answer Question

Negotiation

Originally turned the position down but after counter offer I accepted

Welding Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dickson, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shiloh Industries (Dickson, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was simple, I had worked for them for three months prior to the offer of employment as a temporary worker, they interviewed me and asked what I liked about the company and if I saw myself working there for five or more years and if I had plans to move to upper management. They informed me that when overtime was available I was expected to take it if it was a cell that I was usually on. After that they sent me for a physical examination at a local doctor's office and two days later I was a Shiloh employee.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in being upper management in five years, minimal, if a position became available?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only advice I can give is to not work for this company if you don't enjoy long hours and constant overtime, always be stubborn and aim to be the hardest worker they have and they'll hire you on quickly from being a temp.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shiloh Industries in October 2010.

Interview

Phone screening with HR, followed by in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the deployment of a particular system   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Shiloh Industries in April 2011.

Interview

Contact by HR Manager and interviewed with Operations Manager. Asked questions that did not seem to apply to a supervisory position.

Interview Questions

• What is a project that you worked on in the past. Were you successful? What was the outcome? What financial gain did you make for your company as a result.   1 Answer