Shoreline Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shoreline Community College

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shoreline Community College (West Seattle, WA).

Interview

A committee does the first round with a q/a session. 2nd interview is testing and departments to see how well you fit in and if you have the skills for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreline, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoreline Community College (Shoreline, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. The first interview was just with the hiring committee. If you make it to the second round there were two parts. Open forum to meet with all of the advising team and other employees from the college and then meet with another set of employees.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a scenario question about a student struggling in her studies and wanting to switch majors. How would I handle that?   Answer Question

Administrative Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreline, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoreline Community College (Shoreline, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Shoreline several months ago. The process from beginning to end was relaxed and friendly, but highly disorganized. I have worked for Edmonds CC and UW for years, so I totally understand that hiring committee processes can get messy, but this was something I haven't seen in a state institution before, which was concerning. The interview itself was comprised of very basic, vague questions and there was lots of friendly conversation included. I left the interview feeling confident with my performance but after discussing the position with the committee it became clear to me that I likely wasn't the best fit, so my hopes weren't very high - and neither was my desire to work there. None of my follow up questions towards the end of the interview were answered by the committee in a clear way. What struck me as the most unprofessional part of the process was that I was never contacted by HR regarding not being selected for the position, despite following up twice after my interview. I have since turned down an interview for a different position with Shoreline CC and accepted a position at a different school. Overall a disappointing experience! My advice to interviewees - prepare for the standard behavior-based questions that pop up on google when you search "interview questions". I wasn't asked anything more in depth than that.

Student Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shoreline Community College (Shoreline, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview is held by Director of Student Life and hiring committee which consists usually of 2-3 current student leaders who works in a Student Government. Interviewers were polite and professional, they know how to avoid personal sensitive questions. The interview lasts about 10 minutes. Many questions were written on a sheet of paper for better comprehension. They have a threshold requirement for GPA (3.2 or above).

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not any.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoreline Community College (Shoreline, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Submitted application form, got called in for an interview when they finally considered hiring me. Interview was short and it pretty much meant I was hired on the spot - they're just trying to make sure you're not crazy and can work decently with people.

Interview Questions

• They made you agree to some general rules as a student tutor.   1 Answer

Campus Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shoreline Community College (Shoreline, WA).

Interview

The initial application was screened by HR. The next step was an interview with a panel of about 5 people. They went around the table and each asked a question. All candidates were given the same questions in their interviews, so it was a fair process. Everyone was very friendly and tried to make me feel at ease, even though it was stressful having to interview with so many people.

Interview Questions

• Name a project you have worked on that went very well, and what part did you play in that, or name a project that did not go as well as expected, and tell what you could have done differently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. The state has a pay scale with regular pay raises. They started me at the beginning.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoreline Community College in November 2011.

Interview

Just have all of your paperwork in order. The interview is mostly to make sure you understand your legal responsibilities as a tutor.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you if you are comfortable working with people of different ethnic backgrounds. They will also ask if you are comfortable working with individuals with disabilities.   1 Answer