Sidley Austin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through a head hunter, then brought in to meet paralegal manager. I also met with a partner and associate. All were warm and engaging. Very focused on getting the job done. No nonsense firm with a culture that seems very open to women and minorities. The process took a total of two weeks.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, first with direct supervisors and second with other department heads to make sure you'll fit well cross functionally. I was told if you make it past the first round, almost all candidates pass the second round screening.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to the law industry? What especially about Sidley?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I responded to an ad on job site. The recruiter submitted my resume. I was granted a phone interview. After the phone interview they brought me in for a face to face. I was interviewed by 4 managers and/or directors.

Database Administrator and Document Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen with department Director that consists of two questions. Based on your answer to these two questions determine if you move on. You will receive zero feedback.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was long and stretched out over a month. I had two video conferences with the hiring managers and one in-person interview. Typical interview with Partners and hiring Marketing manager.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin.

Interview

Pretty typical. Manager I interviewed with was nice, knowledgable and he had a great technical background. Had an informal phone interview, webex type interview, in person interview where I had to give a presentation. It was apparent that the manager was trying to push Sidley Austin towards being more innovative and creative.,

Interview Questions

• Is being a great technical trainer innate to a person or something that is learned?   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sidley Austin.

Interview

The interview was a typical law firm interview. I was mostly asked behavioral questions. My first interview was through phone with a recruiter, then an in-person interview with the paralegal. It's been 1-2 weeks since my interview, but I have not heard back from the law firm regarding my recruitment status. Maybe I am being too impatient. However, despite the wait, the legal staff are responsive to emails, professional, and organized.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was better than I anticipated. I was interviewed by two of Sidley personnel, both of which were laid back, but still professional. Be prepared and test yourself the day before. Know about the company, their goals, etc. by checking out the website. I was asked about my prior experience relevant to the job I was applying for, my strengths, how I multi-task, and why I would be a good fit, amongst others.

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Where they discussed your basic interview questions and asked you ability to do the role. One thing they stressed in this interview was the ability to follow instructions and not change processes. Which sounds like an easy thing in the interview but this becomes difficult when you do not feel you have any freedom to work in a way you find most efficient. However overall a simple interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize a lot of different tasks and their priority?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied right out of college and through a career fair for recent graduates. I was interviewed by hiring coordinator at the career fair, very general questions. After, I was then interviewed at firm with three associates.