Sidley Austin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sidley Austin Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.9

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Pre-OCI review was transparent and worthwhile. Interview took place on-campus but pre-selection process ensured an immediate call back upon successful screening interview. Be prepared to discuss everything in your resume down to prior work experiences.

Technical Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The first round was over the phone. If you make it to the second round, it was an in-person interview. This round consisted of meeting with three different employees. The first person who interviewed me looked very uninterested and bored which discouraged me. The second person was easier to talk to as well as the third person. However, the third person was a unprofessional by informing that she liked me and hoped that I get this position. This brought my hopes up. However, I didn't make it after the second round. If you make it through the second round, there is another on-site interview for round three.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work with difficult people. How did you handle it, and why was it difficult?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very well structured interview. Couple general questions about your background and interest. They really want to get to know you to see if you're a good fit. Make sure to prepare because the recruiter ask a lot of detailed questions. Seems like they have a wonderful culture !

Great people and wonderful location for a company that big !

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The process with the recruiter and following the instructions with submitting required personal information and taking the Predictive Index (PI) survey was a comfortable experience. Very disappointing experience with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was cold, no smile, was not welcoming, stone face, showed very little emotion, shared no information about the company. Seemed to me to be annoyed. I initialed a follow-up email with the recruiter to inquire about my interview status five business days after the interview only to be informed that they have decided to continue the search.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions about my experience   1 Answer

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through a head hunter, then brought in to meet paralegal manager. I also met with a partner and associate. All were warm and engaging. Very focused on getting the job done. No nonsense firm with a culture that seems very open to women and minorities. The process took a total of two weeks.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, first with direct supervisors and second with other department heads to make sure you'll fit well cross functionally. I was told if you make it past the first round, almost all candidates pass the second round screening.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to the law industry? What especially about Sidley?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I responded to an ad on job site. The recruiter submitted my resume. I was granted a phone interview. After the phone interview they brought me in for a face to face. I was interviewed by 4 managers and/or directors.

Database Administrator and Document Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen with department Director that consists of two questions. Based on your answer to these two questions determine if you move on. You will receive zero feedback.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was long and stretched out over a month. I had two video conferences with the hiring managers and one in-person interview. Typical interview with Partners and hiring Marketing manager.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin.

Interview

Pretty typical. Manager I interviewed with was nice, knowledgable and he had a great technical background. Had an informal phone interview, webex type interview, in person interview where I had to give a presentation. It was apparent that the manager was trying to push Sidley Austin towards being more innovative and creative.,

Interview Questions

• Is being a great technical trainer innate to a person or something that is learned?   Answer Question