Sidley Austin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sidley Austin Interview Questions

Interviews at Sidley Austin

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through a head hunter, then brought in to meet paralegal manager. I also met with a partner and associate. All were warm and engaging. Very focused on getting the job done. No nonsense firm with a culture that seems very open to women and minorities. The process took a total of two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview experience overall. I met with two current employees who asked me about my interest in law. They did a lot of the talking, explaining what was required for the job and the company culture. They were friendly and easy to talk to. They didn't ask many difficult questions and overall the interview was pretty casual.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. Meet with 3 partners, 2 associates, and the program coordinator for your practice group. Pretty easy interview overall. I think you just have to say you're interested in law, willing to work long hours and willing to work lots of overtime.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I responded to an ad on job site. The recruiter submitted my resume. I was granted a phone interview. After the phone interview they brought me in for a face to face. I was interviewed by 4 managers and/or directors.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, had an in person one on one interview with Paralegal Manager, two Partners and a Paralegal. Paralegal Manager talked a lot about the make up of the group I was interviewing for. Partners were very casual, didn’t ask many questions. Interview was more to gauge if my personality would fit in as my resume showed I was qualified. They stressed the flexibility needed for a paralegal role i.e. extra hours when needed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you moving
      What are you looking for in this role   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered the position.
    Negotiated salary up through HR.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Standard OCI interview. I went through thirty minute screening interview at law school and I was then then brought to the firm for a series of callback interviews with partners and associates as well as lunch with young associates to make sure I had people skills and could maintain a conversation. Most important to be yourself.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sidley Austin.

Interview

Applied online and the process took about 3 weeks. It was an alright interview with many questions back to back. Some of the questions were expected and some were not. The process took about 1-1&half hr. It Depends on how things go. Overall, just be ready for all types of questions they ask for. Also, It was very professional environment and the people working there seemed nice.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sidley Austin.

Interview

Interviewed with two partners and three associates for thirty minutes each. No one appears to have read my resume ahead of time, and I didn't feel like any of the questions were particularly difficult. The first partner was extremely awkward and made it clear that s/he hated me, so I knew I wasn't getting the job. I was okay with it though, because working here seemed soul-crushing.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask anything special; just the usual "tell me about yourself" types of questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview with the attorneys and received a call inviting me to Chicago one day later. I interviewed with six attorneys, then joined two for lunch. I was called back with my offer three days later.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any behavioral questions or technical questions. Mostly asked the "About Me" question and "Why this Firm?"   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Went through law school interview process, which entails initial 20-minute screening interview and then lengthier "call-back" interview, with four 20-minute interviews and a lunch or alternative "callback night," involving a cocktail party with many attorneys

Interview Questions

• Walked through resume and then trailed off to interests and extracurricular activities   Answer Question