Sigma Designs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sigma Designs Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

ASIC Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sigma Designs (New York, NY).

Interview

They mainly contacted me and asked which position I was interested in regarding software or hardware engineer. Had a technical interview with a random software guy that went south pretty quickly as the questions became more and more vague. He wanted me to work with JTAG probes and setting up GUIs. I ended up taking the hardware.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sigma Designs (Milpitas, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Common questions about background and helping customers, customer service questions. I was connected through a staffing agency which was helpful. They asked questions to get a sense of how I deal with difficult customers and being able to manage an organized schedule.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation in which the person you were helping was angry? How did you assist and alleviate their frustration?   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sigma Designs (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was Called for an on site interview directly. They wanted me to come in the same week but I requested for the next week.
    Had a technical interview for an hour with a technical leader there.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on Verilog
      Combinational and sequential coding differences, Coding a state machine, Timing problems
      Was asked to explain my projects   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sigma Designs (Milpitas, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

HR will schedule a phone interview for HR and QA Manager. After a week, they will ask you to come to their office for face to face interview. Interview will take half day (interview with qa manager, qa lead, developer, Program Manager and HR). If they ask you to fill out form for them to verify about your education and your references, you will get high chance to have offfer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a room for your to negotiate offer if they really like you.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sigma Designs (Milpitas, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Had one phone interview and one on-site Interview. Phone interview with manager was not focussed on programming but on knowledge of audio/vieo firmware. On-site interview was mix of programming and audio/video/image coding related questions. Talked with 3 or 4 tech people and one HR, one VP. Not very difficult questions. Interview was scheduled quickly and decision was made quickly.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sigma Designs (Milpitas, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

2 Rounds of telephonic followed by 2 rounds of on site. 5 rounds on the onsite distributed on 2 days. Mostly technical questions, asked about school projects, Basic circuit design questions and followed by advanced circuit design questions based on what they were using

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical about circuit designs   1 Answer

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sigma Designs (Milpitas, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview happened a week after an employee referred me. There were five 45-minute 1:1 technical interviews and two half-hour 1:1 behavioral interview. The technical interviews were intense while the behavioral interview tend to be easier. The technical director tend to give you hard time. Make sure you are well prepared before you go.

Interview Questions

• How many low power designs have you done? Tell me how do calculate IR drop.   Answer Question

Ehgineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sigma Designs in January 2010.

Interview

general questions asked, like experience, past work, etc.