Silverado Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.4

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Silverado (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

Apply online come in to do their assessment. It's two of them. They are basically common sense. Real easy to pass. After you pass, you wait to have a tour/shadow for an hour. Then u meet with manager for about 5 minutes. If offered position, she'll let you know offer is contingent upon background and drug screen.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Silverado (Azusa, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

First call from a recruiter, then a scheduled Skype interview after personality tests are done. Final a face to face interview. Very unprofessional at first, but the last recruiter pulled it off.

Interview Questions

• Mostly general questions about my management style and team leadership.   1 Answer
    • I have a high rated community with a 94% census. What can you offer this community, since it's already a highly productive.   1 Answer

Administrator In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Silverado (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process included a phone interview with the recruiter, skype interview with recruiter, a personality assessment, phone interview with the administrator, two interviews in-person with the administrator and regional vp (in two different locations on the same day) where I needed to fund the flight, hotel, and transportation myself because I was an out-of-town candidate, and then another skype interview with the senior vp.

My experience with the interviews was alright. There was a lot of waiting in between, and I didn't think that it was appropriate to ask me to pay out of pocket for an interview for a training position.

But the part that disturbed me most was my final interview with the senior vp. It seemed that everyone was happy, they all complimented me, we hit it off. I assumed I would get an offer.

After my final skype interview, I felt uneasy because of mixed signals that I got from the senior vp. I wrote a thank you email and was asked for my address to send me a "Silverado story" book to read and that the regional vp would be corresponding with me. I assumed they wanted me to be part of the team. However, before the book arrived, I received a 10 second call from the recruiter saying "Unfortunately, We will not be moving forward. I'm not sure why, but that is all I was told."

I emailed twice afterwards to see if I could get some feedback as professional courtesy, but there was no response.

For a company I really believed in, I was extremely disappointed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about management experience, management style, experience handling difficult situations, experience in scheduling, experience with family members and resident care, experience with budgets, etc   Answer Question

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Silverado (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Was short and "get to know you more" style with a former local administrator. Went over some items in my resume. I was asked about my pay expectation which was accepted. No surprises of any types.

Interview Questions

• What days could you work? What is your expected pay rate? When could you start?   1 Answer

Community Ambassador Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silverado.

Interview

2 phone screens. 2 personality test. Skype interview w West Coast Talent Aquisition. Live interview with Administrator and Regional Sales Director at community location. Neither one appears to be very prepared and was not a professional interview. Company awaited the faculty and lost several employees.

Interview Questions

• Are you loyal?
      Inappropriate personal questions.
      Fragmented unorganized process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Silverado in March 2017.

Interview

Turned in a cover letter and resume via Indeed. Got a call within a week from a recruiter, and set up a phone interview for the next day. Then I took two on-line surveys, followed by another phone interview and then a Skype interview with the Recruiter.

After which I waited for a phone interview with two VPs from the Home Office. Then another week went by and I was set up for an in-person interview with the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a manager gave your feedback on how to improve your performance, and how you felt about it.   1 Answer
    • Describe your closet to me.   1 Answer

Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Silverado (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Anyone can walk in to a Silverado community and apply. They will sit you down and have you do "personality tests" on a computer. The tests ask you questions about how you would handle situations. For example, if a resident offers you $10, what do you do? A) Take the money B) Tell the resident "thanks" but do not take the money C) Scold the resident for not offering you $20.

Interview Questions

• If you see a coworker abusing a resident, will you: A) Stop the abuse and report it to your supervisor immediately B) Tell the coworker to stop the abuse but do not report it C) Allow the abuse to continue while you find your supervisor in order to report the abuse D) Quit and find a job somewhere else.   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silverado (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Very simple and easy questions, they make you go do a drug test the same day, well, depending the time. And a computer personality evaluation test as well. Plan to spend some time there.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Silverado (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a very casual environment. Managers set a relaxed tone for the meeting. Discussed needs/wants of the company and how personal work experience related the program's needs. After convo, was informed of telephone call to be had with VP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the market strategy you will approach being 2 years out of the marketing field.?   Answer Question

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Silverado (Escondido, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Walked in with my resume and got a phone call later that day. Interviewed 2 days later. I had to take an integrity test before the interview which was basically 100 versions of the same 2 questions "do you ever feel the need to hit someone" "have you ever stolen money from a job". Once I passed I was able to interview, the whole process was short and being a new grad some of the critical thinking questions were hard. She offered me the job and had me walk around and meet a few nurses and ask them questions. Very professional process.

Interview Questions

• What is atrial fibrillation? What meds does a patient take for this? What are signs and symptoms?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me more money than I had asked for (asked for 17$, offered 22$)