Silverado Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.4

Administrator In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Silverado (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process included a phone interview with the recruiter, skype interview with recruiter, a personality assessment, phone interview with the administrator, two interviews in-person with the administrator and regional vp (in two different locations on the same day) where I needed to fund the flight, hotel, and transportation myself because I was an out-of-town candidate, and then another skype interview with the senior vp.

My experience with the interviews was alright. There was a lot of waiting in between, and I didn't think that it was appropriate to ask me to pay out of pocket for an interview for a training position.

But the part that disturbed me most was my final interview with the senior vp. It seemed that everyone was happy, they all complimented me, we hit it off. I assumed I would get an offer.

After my final skype interview, I felt uneasy because of mixed signals that I got from the senior vp. I wrote a thank you email and was asked for my address to send me a "Silverado story" book to read and that the regional vp would be corresponding with me. I assumed they wanted me to be part of the team. However, before the book arrived, I received a 10 second call from the recruiter saying "Unfortunately, We will not be moving forward. I'm not sure why, but that is all I was told."

I emailed twice afterwards to see if I could get some feedback as professional courtesy, but there was no response.

For a company I really believed in, I was extremely disappointed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about management experience, management style, experience handling difficult situations, experience in scheduling, experience with family members and resident care, experience with budgets, etc   Answer Question

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Silverado (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Was short and "get to know you more" style with a former local administrator. Went over some items in my resume. I was asked about my pay expectation which was accepted. No surprises of any types.

Interview Questions

• What days could you work? What is your expected pay rate? When could you start?   1 Answer

Community Ambassador Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silverado.

Interview

2 phone screens. 2 personality test. Skype interview w West Coast Talent Aquisition. Live interview with Administrator and Regional Sales Director at community location. Neither one appears to be very prepared and was not a professional interview. Company awaited the faculty and lost several employees.

Interview Questions

• Are you loyal?
      Inappropriate personal questions.
      Fragmented unorganized process.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Silverado in March 2017.

Interview

Turned in a cover letter and resume via Indeed. Got a call within a week from a recruiter, and set up a phone interview for the next day. Then I took two on-line surveys, followed by another phone interview and then a Skype interview with the Recruiter.

After which I waited for a phone interview with two VPs from the Home Office. Then another week went by and I was set up for an in-person interview with the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a manager gave your feedback on how to improve your performance, and how you felt about it.   1 Answer
    • Describe your closet to me.   1 Answer

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Silverado (Escondido, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Walked in with my resume and got a phone call later that day. Interviewed 2 days later. I had to take an integrity test before the interview which was basically 100 versions of the same 2 questions "do you ever feel the need to hit someone" "have you ever stolen money from a job". Once I passed I was able to interview, the whole process was short and being a new grad some of the critical thinking questions were hard. She offered me the job and had me walk around and meet a few nurses and ask them questions. Very professional process.

Interview Questions

• What is atrial fibrillation? What meds does a patient take for this? What are signs and symptoms?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me more money than I had asked for (asked for 17$, offered 22$)

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Silverado (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was awful. A person (female) contacted me within 7 days and to come for interview. We spoke on phone and tells me more about the company and what they do. Several questions etc. Sends me an email with number if have any questions. I did and contacted her no answer to find out dress code required for interview. I did an assessment and then she interviews me and then said expect a call on Friday no answer till Thursday I get a stupid email telling me that they are going with a candidate whose background matches with the position. Seriously. ? The position said we will train no experience needed. They should change the requirements to that position. To include we want your resume and too see how you look because obviously it's not based on work experience but on looks etc. I went in very professionally dressed by the way. Worst company I have ever seen:(

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Silverado.

Interview

They read my resume, but stated that they were looking for someone more inline with the job. I have over 15 years of Administrative experience. I never made it to the first interview. They did state that I should continue to visit the web site for future job opportunities.

Personal Care Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Silverado (Belmont, CA).

Interview

Good, friendly. The manager at the time was a recent graduate from UC San Diego, I think, and he was really laid back and relaxed. He wanted to get a feel for your personality

Interview Questions

• What's your experience working for the elderly

Describe I time where you've been in a pinch and what have you done

Whats your weakness

Whats your strength
      Answer Question

Hospice Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Silverado in April 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was really pleasant. I applied online and was contacted within a few days to do a brief phone interview, then I had a fave to face with a few different people on the same day at the same time. Typical questions about my background and experience, what I'm looking for in my next position, and also a big focus on why am I choosing hospice.

Got the call that day to do some follow up exams online, and was contacted the following day letting me know they would like me to speak with someone else in the process. After that meeting I got the call the next morning with the offer, it was what we had already discussed and since I said it would be acceptable during the interview I didn't attempt to negotiate as it was a fair package. Took a drug screen and physical (which is just your basic vision, BP, and general questions about your medical history), got my results back almost instantly and was ready to start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to

Nursery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Silverado (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I emailed my resume to email on job post. They called the next day and I had an interview two days later.during the interview he told me a little about the company then asked if I had any questions. We talked salary, benefits, work hours. He asked if I wanted to think about it over the weekend and get back to him on Monday. I called Monday and left message. I did not hear back until Thursday when I received message that the position had been filled

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends?   2 Answers