Sime Darby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sime Darby Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sime Darby.

Interview

There was a series of interview rounds when I applied for the scholarship. The online application had a number of behavioral questions. After submitting the online application, I was called for the "first" round, where there was a group-interview. The "second" round had three parts to it: 1) group-interview 2) presentation 3) role-playing. The "final" round was a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would maintain a for-profit business while ensuring that you develop a sustainable future for society?   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sime Darby (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

There are 4 stages in total before an offering
    1. Phone interview with agent.
    2. Face to Face interview with lead and asst lead
    3. Two online assessment, one numerical, one reading
    4. Face to face interview with manager and HR

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sime Darby (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Had one interview, with the team leader. Process was smooth. Team leader is very energetic & she asked about my previous experience and a few critical thinking questions. We chatted a bit about what we expect from both employer and employee.

Interview Questions

• If you are having problem with clients, would you settle by yourself or ask team leader how to solve it?   Answer Question

SIA Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sime Darby (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Group interviews (of 10 reduce by stages), height/weight check, skin check, kebaya fitting, hr interview (the next day) etc. There was more than 800 walk-ins that day, so long queue. Applicants have to get a their number and wait for their turn for the interview. waiting could stretch to evening after 2pm depending on your number. Put on make up, glasses away, office attire and come early.Keep smiling and be confident.

IT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sime Darby in March 2017.

Interview

It was a short discussion yet no success. I m disappointed. I hope there give me a chance and I prove myself. Nothing can see how I felt . Who else will know

SL1M Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sime Darby.

Interview

Interview for this position quite easy and straightforward and different for all trainees. For myself, They asked me to the Head Office for interview while others have through phones. The people is purely depend on your department, division.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We are not in position to have a negotiation.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sime Darby (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2016.

Interview

It is lengthy and can be separated to a few stages. They also conducted computer test to test your ability. There is certain marks requirement for you to hit on the computer test and unfortunately it is not easy to hit. The benchmark is quite high for me.

They emphasis very much on leadership and commitment in community service. Make sure you have that before you apply. Anyway, the competition is tough and be prepared.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sime Darby (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. The hiring person called me and wanted to have a casual chat over the weekend on this job and take it further from here. I Agreed to that as I can save my leave. Waited the whole weekend without any news. She called on Monday and casually asked me to drop by her office. I didn't question her as I was looking for a job after all. But this shows how poor this person manage her communication... She also don't send you email so I really feel that I'm not her prority or something.

The interview was quick and it was the worst interview of my life. That hiring person rejected me in the face. I don't understand how this person can be in HR. You cannot just reject people in their face. This is so rude and leave an terrible impression on your company.

The hiring person also jumped into conclusion based on one observation she saw. Maybe to her, this is the most important skill set but to the candidate, I felt she is being unfair and judged too quickly. I won't get an offer for sure. But I would never join this company.

Specialist Account Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sime Darby (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2015.

Interview

Firstly, I have given a accounting test to complete within 30 minutes and also another email based question for 10 min. Following by an interview-face-to-face with two people from account payable division, head manager and the assistant. Interview based on the result on accounting test and skills reviews.

Interview Questions

• What you know about payment control?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Willing work under contract based or permanent?

SL1M Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kampong Puchong (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sime Darby (Kampong Puchong (Malaysia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Two type of hiring, walk-in interview and apply via email. I went for the walk-in interview at Sime Darby Industrial. The interview is one stage interview and it will be decided on the same day, after the interview whether to hire you or not. First you will fill-up forms and should bring certificates. Around 20-30 minutes of interview face to face with two interviewers. Then right after the interview, it will be decided to hire you or not.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about the projects you did at university and industrial internship experience.   Answer Question