Simon & Schuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Simon & Schuster Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.4

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simon & Schuster.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a week and half later from their HR department (basically a phone screening). She scheduled me for an interview, and I met with her and the manager of the department. Both were very nice and welcoming in the interview, however I did not receive an offer. My only complaint was how they said I would be hearing back from in the next few days either way, yet it took two weeks to hear that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Contracts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simon & Schuster (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Got an email the same day I applied. Had to schedule the interview twice because the employer's schedule changed within the hour of my reply. Met with department heads for about an hour and then was on my way.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Simon & Schuster (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied some time in January through my University's career website. I was emailed in April by the head of recruiting for interns about setting up an interview. I interviewed the following week, the whole process took about 40 minutes. I was able to take any books home from a bookshelf at the end. Overall it was a great experience, very friendly interviewer and the questions were typical and not too complex to answer.

Interview Questions

• What imprint could you see yourself working for and why?
      Why publishing?
      Describe a time when you overcame adversity   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simon & Schuster (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online through career website, heard back in a week or two. Set up an in-person interview at the Rockefeller office for the following week. Interviewer very friendly. Since it was an internship interview I felt like a lot of the questions were more general and geared towards me as a person and how knowledgable I was about the company & imprints.

Interview Questions

• Which imprint are you interested in?   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simon & Schuster (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard about a week later. Went in for an interview with HR and then met with two different people that I would be working with. It was relaxed and a great interview. Before I left I was given an "assignment" to do and get back to them as a next step. The whole process went well and then I never heard back. I emailed HR following up and still never heard anything back. After spending so much time and effort I would have thought they would have had the common courtesy to at least send me an email.

Application

Interview

I sent my resume and cover letter online and heard back very quickly from the hiring manager (within a few days). The interview was mostly standard questions, such as the types of books I like to read and discussing my responsibilities from my college leadership positions.

Tax Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Simon & Schuster.

Interview

controller & tax manager, background from prior employment, regarding tax work, familiarity with various tax software and systems, met with both controller and tax manager but none of frontline employees, may have been critical in determining the environment of the office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simon & Schuster (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview, but unfortunately did not hear back for two weeks afterward. At that point, I emailed my interviewer for an update and she informed me that they were not able to offer me a position at that time. S&S seems like a great place to work, but it's very hard to get your foot in the door. I think a lot of interns are hired from employee referrals.

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Simon & Schuster (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I went to their main nye office for a short interview of about 30 minutes. I did most of the talking, as she asked very open-ended questions: Why publishing? What department was I interested in? What are my favorite books? What did I do in my previous experience? Where do I want to end up? What have I enjoyed in my classes? After, I picked out a few books from their selection that I got to take for the road!

Publicity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simon & Schuster (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was recruited via email and asked to apply to a Publicity Assistant position with S&S. I scheduled an interview for the following week at their midtown offices and found the entire process to be very straightforward. I met with three several people over the course of an hour: HR, the Publicity Director, and the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

• If you could tell me something about you that's not on your resume, what would it be?   Answer Question