Simply Business Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Simply Business

2.8

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Simply Business (Boston, MA) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to schedule a call within a couple of days. I absolutely loved the fast response time. I had an initial call with he recruiter and this was a great experience. He did a fantastic job of selling me on the company and the opportunity but also asked me some probing questions around my background and past experience. After our call, I got another email within a day or 2 (again, I love the speed of the response time!) to speak with their COO. We had a 30 minute conversation scheduled within a few days. This is when the interview process felt broken. The COO made it clear that she was limited to only 30 minutes and did a series of rapid fire questions about my background and how I would solve some of their talent problems. I was left with only a few minutes to ask questions. It was very unclear if this call went well. I got an email a few days later saying that they wanted to bring me in for an interview. I took time off of work and got an email the day of my interview saying that they needed to reschedule because nobody (except for 1) on the interview panel would be in the office on the day I was supposed to come in. They did not want to have me sitting in a conference room doing video interviews. I am flexible and understand that things change, but was disappointed that this wasn't firmed up before the day of my interview. My in-person was rescheduled for a week later so I had to take another day off of work. I met with several people. Some 2:1 and some 1:1. There were no specific areas of focus for each of the interview panels. All of them did a brief introduction of who they are and their title and jumped right into the "Tell me about yourself question". I gave my 30 second pitch about 4-5 times. Each interview panel jumped into a series of questions around "How would you solve this" or "How would you solve that?" After I answered, they would jump into the next question. It was much less of a conversation and much more of a series of rapid fire questions. Everyone was pleasant, but seemed to be stretching for questions to ask. In one meeting, the interviewers body language was very standoffish. He sat back in his seat, arms folded, asking me a series of questions. His eyes were squinted and there was no reaction - positive or negative - to any of my answers. I asked several times if my answers made sense and he said yes. Nobody sold me on why I should work at this company. Everyone asked me what I would do for them and how I would solve their problems. I got very little time to ask questions. Each time I asked a question nobody had an answer because "they were still figuring things out". After my in person meeting, I got an email a day or two later saying they would be in touch with next steps - and that my initial point of contact was away on vacation. A week went by and I heard nothing. After a week passed, I sent a follow up email and got a response that they were still interviewing and they'd be in touch. A couple of weeks went by and I heard nothing. In the more than month that passed since my initial call with the recruiter, I accepted another position. As someone potentially coming in to lead Talent, I looked at this as a huge opportunity to make an impact on their interview process. As far as a candidate experience, this was awful. I understand that companies have to figure things out but nobody sold me on the opportunity besides the recruiter. The company needs to reevaluate how they are running their interview process and do some basic training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. (This was unexpected because literally everyone asked me this question to start)   Answer Question

Simply Business Response

Apr 4, 2019 – Head of Resourcing and Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience.

We hold our candidate experience to a high standard and always look to learn and improve our process based on the... More

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Simply Business (Boston, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

Overall, a very smooth interview process. Everyone was approachable, on time, and enthusiastic to meet me. The process was transparent, starting with a phone screen, a Zoom interview with the hiring manager, and an onsite with four members from various specialties and responsibilities. For all of the brainpower in the office, there were no "gotcha" questions, and definitely not a speck of ego in the room. I walked away from the onsite interviews excited for the position and to be a part of the team!

Senior Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Simply Business (Boston, MA) in September 2018.

Interview

I have interviewed and worked with a number of companies and the hiring process by Simply Business was the best and most comprehensive of any I have been involved.
    The first interview was a simple phone screen that discussed my background and how it related to the role.
    The second interview was a technical interview with a senior member of the UK team.
    The third interview was an 1.5 hour long workshop addressing a complex performance issue and how I would solve it and why.
    The fourth interview was a panel interview on HR related question.
    The fifth interview was individual interview on product.
    The sixth interview was with senior management addressing strategy and design.
    Overall, complex but highly effective interview process!

Position In the Boston Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Simply Business in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online and the head of talent reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. We spoke on the phone for about 30-minute. The recruiter said he was very interested in having me speak with additional people in Boston and would be in touch to schedule that. That was the last time I heard from him. No follow up - nothing.

It's my one pet peeve that companies do and sets the tone for a bad candidate experience. RECRUITERS; If you are not interested in someone you have spoken to - let the candidate know. It's recruiting 101! To me, it's just an indication of how a company treats their employees and that is not a good sign.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult.   1 Answer

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simply Business (Northampton, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Lovely, very positive, fun and interactive. The managers are very welcoming and settle the interview nerves very quickly! Although the managers take their role very seriously as shown, as a candidate I felt they have a touch that I haven’t seen in other managers before and that’s caring for their staff.

Interview Questions

• What one key learning fact has someone taught you that has stuck with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simply Business (Northampton, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview was carried out as an assessment centre with a few other candidates present. There were multiple activities carried out including a role play and surprise activity. We were given a 1 on 1 interview and a tour of the building.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time where you have made a positive impact out of a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Simply Business (Northampton, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Very professional and welcoming work place.
    The way the interview process is structured is like nothing I've experienced before. We had a sit down to discuss about the role and what is expected at simply business to break the ice. then the interview was taken and also a role play where we had to sell an insurance policy.

Interview Questions

• Well me about a time in your life where you had a situation that didn't go to plan and then you had to overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simply Business (Northampton, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Started off with a tour around the building, and the assessment centre contained a role play, presentation of the company, 1 to 1 interview as well as a surprise activity.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Simply Business in January 2019.

Interview

I met Shab on arrival who was very welcoming and friendly. Shab got me signed in and ran me through the structure of the afternoon before introducing me to the other members of the group. After a short introductory chat with the other candidates, the afternoon began with an informative introduction to Simply Business presentation. Following the presentation, the group activity began, after which each candidate was taken off to complete a different part of the process i.e. competency based interview, roleplay, IT test or listen to a demo call. The process was ran efficiently, all staff at Simply Business conducting each step of the process were very friendly and welcoming. It was clear to see the purpose of each of the several factors of the interview and I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time you were given targets to hit and how you went about hitting the targets successfully?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simply Business (Northampton, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Very effective, stress-free and simple process. Great service provided before the interview and also during the interview. Very clear and helpful and also interactive. Spaced out throughout the day evenly, very open and active