Sinclair Broadcast Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Hunt Valley, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

IT was a conversation, very informal I learned about the company and what they wanted and talk about myself and what I could bring to the table. The whole process took about a week total

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nashville, TN) in July 2009.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. We talked about the job and what I have done in the past. I did not get the job in the beginning, but I did get hired about 6 months later after there was another opening. I was able to meet the news team. They are talented

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a take it or leave it option.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process spanned a couple months and was split over several in-face meetings, eventually leading to a "final" on-site interview. There, I presented my past work several times to numerous members of their design and engineering teams, before splitting off for some smaller one-on-ones. This went well and I was asked to come back for yet another final interview, this time with two of the senior folks who run the Seattle operations. They asked a lot of open-ended, off-the-cuff questions and it was impossible to read them. The entire process was fairly seamless, I spoke directly to the CD who was hiring, and he was always very quick to respond- until the end. I never heard back from him again after the final interview. I sent several emails and messages over the following month. Nothing. My take away from the experience is that it is a pretty rude and unprofessional way to treat someone who had spent days prepping and taking time off work to meet with them, to then just never hear back. A simple "we're going another direction but thank you" would have been wonderful.

Interview Questions

• If you had to redesign an app/TV experience for Sinclair users on a specific OTT platform/device, would you focus on a unified brand experience that matches other Sinclair products (at the cost of the experience on that one device/platform) or would you focus on a good experience for that device/platform and ignore brand experiences.   1 Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewers were pretty cool and made a very friendly atmosphere. Asked neat questions and listened patiently.there were three in the interview panel. Asked from general questions to the previous job related questions.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlantic Mine, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Atlantic Mine, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Open and friendly. Very thorough in looking for the right cultural fit. Very thorough in assessing technical skills. Intense round robin with peers, then upper management had their turn. Took several hours and while it was non-confrontational, it was very intensive. They take on boarding very seriously.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group.

Interview

I only went through one phone interview. Very friendly and mostly told me about the job requirements. Asked me questions mainly in regards to my resume and previous experience. After the phone interview, it took about two weeks to hear back from the employer. I was offered a position and I accepted.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Birmingham, AL) in January 2015.

Interview

Met with all members of the management staff. I was also required to take an aptitude test, which is a pretty common practice these days. As I moved along with the interview process, I asked to meet with an experienced sales rep to ask them questions as well.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

It was a great learning opportunity to learn more about the organization and television advertising sales. There were several steps throughout the interview process in which you will meet with several members of the management team. They are very straight forward with telling you that it is a very difficult position although with hard work, dedication, and organization you have the opportunity to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty common sales position questions.   Answer Question

I am currently in another position that I thoroughly enjoy and did not want to take the risk into moving into another position at this time.

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

I was going through the process of being admitted to the Sinclair U program. This involves passing interviews with all of the local managers as well as a Skype interview with an HR director from corporate. You will also have to take the Caliper personality test and a drug test. The local managers at my TV station kept things fairly casual - they genuinely wanted to make sure that I was a good fit for them and vice versa. They didn't make the job out to be anything different from what it is.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Charleston, WV) in February 2011.

Interview

We talked about the television business, the value it has in the market and what it means to my future. We discussed B2B prospect development and creative commercial copywriting.

Interview Questions

• The manager assigned tasks for me to complete for the second interview. Among them, I was required to write a commercial and provide a breakdown on current programming.   1 Answer