Sinclair Broadcast Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sinclair Broadcast Group

2.3

Analytics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Seattle, WA) in September 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by the staffing agency called DISYS via LinkedIn. After initial screening by their recruiter, I have had a three-step interviewing process.
    The first step was a conversation with NewsON's product manager regarding the position in general and some basic background questions.
    The second step was a conversation with NewsON's audience manager with the same questions as in the previous step.
    The third step was an on-site interview with five face-to-face conversations. On this step, questions were mostly business-related and focused on the specific cases ("here's our situation, what would you do to achieve this and that"). Most of the people here were friendly and professional. I'd say that the mood there was mostly laid-back with the only one exception when one guy was in a hurry, so this part of the whole interview process was a bit chaotic and nervous.
    I had this on-site on Friday, and by next Monday morning, I've already known that I was turned down with no details provided.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about OTT and TV audience metrics and performance measurement?   1 Answer

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Seattle, WA) in July 2019.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter, then VP or Director, followed by a 5 hour or so onsite. This took about 3 weeks to complete. All of the people I spoke with were knowledgeable and engaging except one: the one who supposedly did my "Technical" interview. This "top technical" person was both arrogant and condescending to me. His interview consisted of basically 5 questions. DB concept questions, two easy LeetCode type whiteboard questions and one final whiteboard question.

Generically I'd call the final question somewhat like writing authoring a web crawler. All of his questions can be answered in a few minutes using Google (though the LC stuff you all should just know) and did not even remotely test my technical knowledge. You know the type of question "Here's a piece of minutiae I'm familiar with and if you can't answer it you are stupid.

Anyway, regarding the final question it was inarticulately presented and my followup questions were mostly brushed aside. If I were more familiar with the space and one or two minor items a clean recursive coding solution could have been done. Were this person on my team I would not allow them to interview until properly trained. All the others I spoke with were great.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Baltimore, MD) in July 2019.

Interview

First a phone screen, then an in-person interview followed by another interview/presentation. The first person who interviewed me was the sales manager. He was very professional and understanding regarding my job situation. Due to leadership turnover, my position was being eliminated. I had an interview with 3 people in the room who were all in management positions and were super friendly. A couple of days later they ask me to come in for a presentation. I told them I had a meeting and asked if there was a possibility of scheduling for another day. They told me that would be difficult to do since everyone was using vacation time in a few weeks. I rearranged my plans and came into the station.

The manager comes in and reviews my resume. Then asks the group "did we speak to him about job hopping." They reply yes we did. He then said I don't think you are here for the right reasons. I then provided a reference list and he did not understand what a contract position was on my resume. I explained what a contract position was to the manager. He seemed confused. He then said " we are going to need a reference for the contract position." I said that would not be a problem. They ask me to present my presentation. I proceed to do so. As I am talking the manager proceeds to take a phone call and walk out. He comes back in and interrupts explaining his wife was having trouble getting picked up at the airport and starts texting under the table. Felt very confrontational the entire time. This guy seemed to be rude, disrespectful and arrogant.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nashville, TN) in June 2019.

Interview

Didn’t feel like they were prepared. Woman was late. Then needed to leave early. She didn’t seem to have her mind on my history. My work experience, every single thing I’ve done. Some of it did not relate to this position. I did not want the position after half way through. I didn’t want to work there. But I keep saying same things to get 30 word minimum.

Interview Questions

• My work experience, every single thing I’ve done. Some of it did not relate to this position. I did not want the position after half way through. I didn’t want to work there. But I keep saying same things to get 30 word minimum.   Answer Question

Digital Sales -Drive Auto Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in October 2018.

Interview

As noted by many reviewers - this company is a joke. From the old facility and company nepotism. Multiple interviews, haphazard in nature. Prime interest to vet thier current direction and to capture market IP. They didn't fool anyone.

Ignite Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Portland, OR) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online and later received an email to set up phone conversation. Had a short interview over the phone about my experience and interest in the job. I was able to ask questions. Was later invited for an in-person visit where I got tour. Chatted about the job and its functions as we walked around and then sat down in a conference room for a few formal questions. I emailed a week later to check-in and I was told they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Market Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Amarillo, TX).

Interview

I got the email requesting an interview, but it said to complete an electronic application for the job again then they would contact me to set up a time to meet. I completed the application the same day and haven't heard from anyone for almost a week. I called the manager a couple of times to no avail. They call me back the next day and they tell me they will call me at the end of the week to set a time to meet for the following week. And without fail, I did not get a call. It is now the following week and still no call. I've just about given up on this job.

Master Control Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Dayton, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

After spending >an hour rewriting my resume just for this job, it was just shy of 4 weeks post interview to get a hiring decision for what I found out was a $13.56/hr job! Who conducts interviews just before leaving on a 2 week vacation, anyway? Then, several missed hiring decision deadlines set by her on her return from vacation. I had to chase her down to finally get the rejection. In response to her uncaring behavior and the expected "apply for other positions" line in her email, I replied that I won't be bothering.

Interview Questions

• Just generic stuff; it really wasn't a bad experience up until the waiting game began.   Answer Question

Promotions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Very straight forward and clear. The hiring manager was really nice and explained what the every day job would be like! She wanted to be very transparent. She explained there was room for growth but pay was very low starting out.

Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group (Columbus, OH) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was 1:1 and formal. I talked to 3 employees and toured the home office. I was first introduced to the producers, then the field workers and finally the head of the department I was applying to.

Interview Questions

• What is your five year plan? How does Sinclair Broadcasting play a role?   1 Answer