Sinclair Knight Merz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sinclair Knight Merz Interview Questions

2.2

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz (Brisbane (Australia)).

Interview

I was put forward to the company by a recruiter - not for an advertised role - he simply contacted them to see if they needed someone like me. I was brought in fairly quickly (within a few days) and spoke with a senior engineer (who would be my technical lead) and the team leader. The interview was pretty relaxed and simply seemed to be confirming various details of my CV. I had a follow-up interview the next week, with the section manager, which was also a straightforward meet and greet.

At the time I had recently interviewed with another two companies who both had made offers, but I was feeling undecided about both those prospects. When I informed SKM of the situation (that I would have to respond to these other companies soon), they moved quickly to make a competitive offer. I was not trying to start a bidding war -- the salary was similar -- but I accepted SKM's offer as I perceived their culture to be the best fit for me.

Interview Questions

• I did not have difficulty with any questions, as the interviewers were already convinced of my qualifications. The most challenging part for me was to think of something useful to ask, as I know this to be a crucial step in making a good impression in an interview - to show that you are interested in the company and have taken time to learn about them before the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was a simple negotiation. I indicated my target amount and they met it, exceeding it slightly, and I was satisfied.

Transport Planner Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in January 2014.

Interview

The process only take about 45 minutes since I am the second candidate and the first is my friend too. They ask about yourself , what do you do in your final year project, and some technical question relate to public transport and rail. Also you need sketch to solve the problem.

Interview Questions

• sometimes, they ask current issues about MRT, LRT, Bus   1 Answer

Negotiation

You need to study about government roles to SKM, try to be cool and make some joke. They will love it!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Standard interview exploring experience and skills. Interview was with senior manager and recruitment manager. Left with good clear impression of SKM. Given clear view of SKM activities and geographical spread. Left with clear idea of interview outcome timescale and expectation of when I would hear of decision.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz.

Interview

Lose, and informal. Lack of difficulty and quality control was a true indicator as to how little they value their staff.
    You are there to do the work and increase the shareholders profit margin.
    They will pay you as little as possible, so if you are decent, be weary of how quickly they want you, but wont negotiate on salary.
    This is a toxic company to start off with.

Graduate Air Quality Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz.

Interview

Once you submitted your cv and covering letter, the HR would contact you directly by mail and to arrange for personal interview, the face to face interview has two interviewers. the interview is divided into two parts, general questions and test paper.

Interview Questions

• 1. to explain content of some modules in your undergraduates' studies. What kind of gases are emitted in landfill sites.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in St Leonards (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz (St Leonards (Australia)) in June 2012.

Interview

easy process. A phone call to organise an interview, an interview with my current manager and an HR person, the next day was a job offer. Very straight forward interview process, there were no tests or technical related questions involved.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very straight forward

Scholarship & Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz (Auckland (New Zealand)) in May 2012.

Interview

All initial contact was via our university's scholarship department, and an interview was arranged for me. There was a panel of 4 people from SKM, some from HR and some from the engineering department that I will be working with during the internship.
    They were friendly and this made it easy for me to talk and answer their questions. I feel that the company values my extracurricular activities and past work experiences, as well as my academic performance.

Interview Questions

• When asked what type of job experience am I hoping to gain from them. Since SKM is a large company with many different departments, I told them that I would enjoy working in the environmental or biotechnology departments, although I would be glad to take on any challenges.   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2011.

Interview

The post was advertised in "The Australian" newspaper. I applied and underwent a phone interview in their office at another location in Australia. Was invited to a second interview in Melbourne. Pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Could not negotiate salary. Was a given.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in June 2010.

Interview

I was called for a face to face interview with the HR Rep and the Engineering Manager. Interview lasted about an hour. I never heard back from the company after the interview, even after I followed up with HR a week later.

Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasig City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz (Pasig City (Philippines)) in November 2008.

Interview

Written and oral interview to be conducted by either HR or Section Manager, explain your suppose to be role, expectations and bonuses included

Interview Questions

• How can you help more to your company if faces some difficulties the company might encountered   Answer Question

Negotiation

Last interview with program manager that can state your suppose salary