Sinovision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sinovision

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sinovision

Journalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sinovision.

Interview

The interview was easy. The interviewer was not so unfriendly. The whole interview lasted about twenty minutes. There totally were about 10 questions. The interviewer asked some strange questions like -- why did you choose our company since it was not so good. I urge people do not go to this company because it is horrible and untrustworthy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sinovision (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

very very simple. I came there and the receptionist let me sit down and called the manager. The manager just asked me several simple questions and introduced a little of their company. The whole process was unprofessional.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sinovision (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I got an phone call from the receptionist, scheduled for an interview, met with VP of marketing where we had a lot of fun talk rather than professional business interview like.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sinovision (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

the interview process is very brief. the boss pretended to be nice, but he didn't care too much. However, they required people can speak and write in chinese. This place doesn't require english too much. All the chinese people. So as long as you are pretty and speak fluent chinese, you will get hired.

Interview Questions

• do you have experience for the chinese mainland news?   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Interview

very easy interview, just a few basic questions and some translation tests. the interview process went very effective, you will hear from them in two weeks, otherwise you might not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• “Why do you want to work at X company?”“What do you read?”“What did you do at X internship?”“How are you with social media?”“What’s your dream job?”   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sinovision (Flushing, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

One of the worst interviews i have been to. Not to mention, the job listing for the video editor position is inaccurate and lacks vital information. I applied to the position on Indeed (which is entirely in English) and its says that Mandarin is a plus but not required (my mandarin is at a basic level as its not my first language).

I went to their office in flushing, which is pretty much a desk located in the corner of a Chinese travel agency. The interviewer and his associate was cold, and started talking to me in Mandarin. Turns out he couldn't speak a word of English at all, his associate could only speak a little.

In Mandarin, I tried to inform him that I may not be able to pick up some of his Mandarin. He said "its ok". When the interview started, I asked his associate if he could translate something he said. They both smirked and laughed at me, I was insulted and hurt so I questioned him about the Indeed listing about "Mandarin not required." He kept saying like "oh, it doesn't matter and not a big deal." I was lost and felt like he wasn't sincere.

Next question was, "Do you have any experience dealing with mainland Chinese business." I said "no." The man replied "Oh, we prefer candidates with experience with mainlanders. This might be a problem."

Okay first of all, the interviewer should've included that part in the Indeed listing. I mean yeah, I get it that interviews are meant for both the candidates and HR to gain a deeper understanding of the position and the candidate's experience. HOWEVER, the language part is no excuse. Why waste somebody's time to travel all the way to Flushing just to meet somebody who doesn't speak a word of English at all? Not only that, an interviewer that is rude, arrogant, and leaves out vital important on the job listing?

If you plan to work for them, well think again. It was a horrifying experience and i felt discriminated against. I would stay away from people like them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience dealing with mainland Chinese business?   1 Answer