Skills for Change Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skills for Change Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Skills for Change

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skills for Change (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied via email and was contacted within a week for an interview. I first met with a Director and Manager of Employment Services. They conducted a behavioural-based interview. Following that interview, I was invited back to meet with HR and the ED for another (mostly behavioural-based) interview. In spite of a follow up email, there was no communication to indicate I was not the successful candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working in a unionized environment?   Answer Question
    • I don't remember the exact wording but there was a question asking me for an example demonstrating my respect for staff confidentiality.   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skills for Change (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Phone call screening. Panel interview with 3 in person. No 2nd interview. Interview was pretty relaxed and mostly felt like a conversation instead of being grilled. Maybe asked 10 questions. Presentation on how to handle a situation was done at the end of the interview on a topic given on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would assist a client with limited English to find a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NoT a lot of negotiation - was phoned and given verbal offer with salary. Signed written contract shortly after. Was able to negotiate for holidays before 6 months.

Employment Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Skills for Change (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2010.

Interview

- submit resume online
    - received call for group interview
    - offer

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult time   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much negotiation