Skullcandy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skullcandy Interview Questions

Interviews at Skullcandy

2.8

Interview

Very fast and easy. Applied online and a few days later a recruiter reached out to me From there I had two phone interviews and a Skype interview. Was offered the job and moved out roughly 3 weeks later.

Supply Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skullcandy.

Interview

Screening interview along with two on-site interviews. The process took almost one month and was very slow. However, that seems to be the norm with mid-level corporations. Everyone was friendly. Most of what was discussed during the interview was true after taking the job.

Interview Questions

• What about the job interested me.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skullcandy (Park City, UT) in October 2018.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter, got an email from HR a few days later setting up a phone interview. The phone interview went well, and they emailed back to set up an interview at their headquarters in Park City for about a week later. I was told by HR to wear my normal everyday clothes, don't wear a suit or shirt and tie. I was also told by the HR that the phone screen was more for social fit, not technical. They also didn't want somebody disgruntled with their current job situation (not me, just FYI).

I had what I thought was a great interview with 6 team members, including the a VP at the end. Super relaxed environment, nice people, simple questions. Sounded like a great time to join the company. The questions were hardly technical in nature, but geared it seemed more people fit. When I ventured toward technical stuff, they wanted to talk about the culture instead.

They talked about the job role, the idea of mass production and supporting the product development, the potential craziness of the situations based on aesthetics, market competition, and other items associated with the headphone market. They commented that my experience with music was big plus. I was taken on a tour of the facility by the VP to their R&D spaces, met some dogs, saw their anechoic, watched a kid try to shoot some hoops (and miss the hoop by a mile), etc.

After the interview for 2 months or so, after multiple emails and follow up, I did get a response by email back they they're still interviewing candidates and can't comment on me at the moment. Since, they've ghosted on the communication front. I respect their right to not communicate with those they've interviewed, but I decided that wasn't going to wait around for a job if they weren't going to communicate anything back to me. I'm not going to wait for a company not to hire me. I'll try again in the future. In the meantime I've accepted a very similar position in a different industry. Not ideal, but their silence says they're not interested.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about and experience about a time that you that you invented or developed something."   Answer Question
    • "Do you have experience taking a product from soup to nuts?"   Answer Question

Ecommerce Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skullcandy (Park City, UT).

Interview

There was one phone interview with a talent acquisition member followed by an on site, in person interview with the hiring manager as well as the team that I was applying for. The on site interview lasted roughly 3 hours.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skullcandy (Park City, UT).

Interview

You first get a phone interview with HR to see if you are a good fit for the position. Then you get a face-to-face interview with a few people. It seemed that you needed to have a passion for skate boarding, or snowboarding. They really like their culture, so bring your BRO face.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this position?
      Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skullcandy.

Interview

HR emailed me first to arrange a call. After the first call, I video-chatted with chief designer. And then I got an email from HR at the next day.

Interview Questions

• Can you do 3D modeling? What software do you use?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skullcandy (Park City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

I was initially contact by their recruiter and had a screening. I think had an in person interview with HR and several desperate interviews with functional leaders. It must have been between me and another candidate because they called me back and had me meet with several others AND with some of the initial leaders.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Skullcandy (Park City, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

I participated in two phone interviews followed by five hours of in-person interviews at Skullcandy's Park City-based headquarters. The phone interviews were straightforward enough. The in-person interviews were mostly organized, but some in-person interviewers were led by staff who were under-prepared and ran short on time. The questions asked were not especially deep or meaningful, and I struggled to interject my unique knowledge and expertise during the "vanilla" discussion.

Following this long interview process, I was never notified if another candidate was selected, or updated on the status of my application. When I inquired about two weeks post-interview, the HR team member notified me that they would be wrapping up the process soon. It has been several months since and I was never notified by the hiring manager either way. I was led down by the process, and would not recommend the company because of this poor interaction.

Interview Questions

• Do you think this Instagram filter is the right one?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skullcandy (Park City, UT) in November 2013.

Interview

Short and mostly irrelevant questions. Seems like they have an extreme bias towards people who are refereed by current employees. No negotiation was available. My advice is to know your value and accept nothing less because raises rarely happen at this company. Only when a mass exodus happens is there a chance you will get promoted.

Interview Questions

• What's life accomplishment are you most proud of.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Skullcandy (Park City, UT) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone call screen with HR, phone call interview with hiring manager, on-site interview with manager and team. The process was pretty straightforward, but it was very long between stages.