Skyline Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Skyline Marketing

Administrative Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skyline Marketing (Liverpool, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was in central Liverpool, a small office near Castle Street.

I wasn't too sure about the role when I looked at some of the online reviews for the place, but I believe it's always worth giving something a shot, sometimes it pleasantly surprises you.

This is not one of those times.

When I arrived, I pressed the buzzer to get access to the 3rd floor suite. Receiving no response, I tried again, somewhat puzzled. I realized then that there was no feedback noise and the machine had clearly been broken for some time. Trying the door, there appeared to be no lock and so I just let myself in, which was a little disconcerting. Heading up the labyrinthine stair case, I began to notice through the dim, flickering light that the walls were cracked and had not been painted in about 30 years. Like some kind of b-movie horror movie protagonist, I ignored the obvious warnings and made my way to the 3rd floor Suite.

I was early when I arrived, as is good practice. I had to fill out a basic application sheet while I was waiting, which I later found would prove to be the basis of the interview. It was quite statutory, but there was almost no room to fit answers in. I would later see why.

When I sat down, there were about 5 other candidates crammed onto a couple of small couches. By the time I'd filled out the small form, about 5 more had arrived. While I was waiting they continued to arrive, forming depressing dead-eyed conga line leading out the reception and into the stairwell.
    I considering leaving at this point, but I felt I was in too deep and I wanted to meet the mastermind in charge of the operation to glean some of his...insights into good business practice.

Things continued as was clearly par for the course, my interview started 30 minutes late. Candidates were being churned in and out in about 5 minutes by a collection of 3 interviewers.

When I was eventually called in, I met the man in charge, Jamie Talbot. Slickly dressed and with a massively oversized mac computer commanding the desk, I had an idea of what I was in for.
    While friendly enough, his questions were short and basic, which didn't really help glean any insight into my skill set or experience and was just statutory information that could have been gained from looking at a CV. This all took about 2 minutes I should note. The questions on the application forms were asked again in person, but I was hurried along to the next question after only barely expanding on the initial answer.

We then shifted into the 'pitch' stage where he outlined the basic business model of the company using an MS paint equivalent program. Clearly, this was someone who took their recruitment seriously and had dedicated an entire 5 minutes to prepare for the swath of candidates he had that day. The explanation also made it pretty clear this was some kind of pyramid scheme and my eyes began to wonder over to the exit. I thought this explanation was odd as the role I had applied for was supposed to be admin based.

Things then got even better;
    He showed the different areas of the business and asked where did I see myself fitting in (sales, field sales, admin, management). It was quickly dawning on me that this man had no idea what role I had applied for and had likely not even glanced my CV.

I was then told 4-5 candidates would be contacted for an work day that would last until the late evening and was I available for tomorrow. Clearly I had met the extensive criteria of 'Not looking and sounding like a complete troglodyte'.

The whole process took about 60 minutes, 30 of which were just waiting for the interview to start and 20 minutes of travel there and back. It was an impressive display of unprofessional behavior and a dehumanizing process. I could only recommend attending if you fancy a snide laugh or need crash course in how not to handle recruitment.
    An hour of my life I'll never get back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself fitting into our organisation?   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skyline Marketing (Liverpool, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Wouldn't call the process an interview as such, more like a quick five minute chat. Was called into a room and the interviewer done most of the talking. I was actually asked very little questions and don't think I had the opportunity to make an impact. I was told everyone would hear back that day, and I didn't.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skyline Marketing (Liverpool, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

rubbish. slave trade not a good feeling offered on the spot told the same as others that i stood out! but then everyone was told that. got offered on the spot and was dubious about working a thousand hours and no contract and a pyramid sales process. not happy at all with a pyramid selling process. everyone says its amazing to work for but felt that was pushed and forced on me. it was a very hard sell and felt i was pushed into a roll i didnt want and without a contract.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Skyline Marketing in September 2014.

Interview

I send my application online and the day after I was ask to come for a face to face interview with the director. The interview took place in the Raddison Bue lobby, he asked me to fill out a questionnaire, it was basically a copy and past of my CV and cover letter. The he briefly asked me question regarding my background and motivation but he was obviously in a rush as other applicant were waiting. The interview lasted 5 minutes. He promised me to call in the afternoon to inform me if I passed or not the first stage.

I received the called in the afternoon to tell me I passed the first stage and was invited to an observation day the day after.

For the observation day we were all invited again to the Radisson Blue. The observation day with a supposed account manager was in fact following a group of new "trainee" or "assistant" what ever they call them doing doors to doors. I was with an other applicant, we were supposed to be in "competition" and had to impressed the group leader a 20 years old account manager with no degree trying to teach us management beside our management degree and asking us to answer rubbish questions all the day long on our pad while we were walking in the cold.

At 9:30pm we finally head back to the hotel were we were supposed to have an other interview with the director. I actually didn't go as I new the job was not for me at all.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Skyline Marketing.

Interview

This company is a subsidiary of a much larger one that has many others just like it under its wing such as Thinking Forward Events or Pantheon in London. They are field sales positions with NO BASE PAY and is solely COMMISSION BASED.

This was a 2 day process and upon arrival in the lobby where there was loud music playing I was asked to sign in by filling out a questionnaire which asked pretty much the same things which are on the CV and cover letter you apply with. I had to wait almost an hour for my interview which were asked very quickly and sharply by the business owner. The interview was slightly bizarre and uncomfortable as it was me and a competing candidate which it seemed like I had to out pitch in order to be invited to the next stage.

I got through to the next stage which was the following day whereas my 'opponent' didn't. Upon arrival I had to wait over an hour before being greeted to begin the observation day which involved following an 'account manager' to see what they did throughout the day.
    This was in actual fact sitting inside a shopping arcade out of sight from the sales post throughout the whole day writing down answers to question after question whilst waiting for the salesman to come back and check it before giving the next question which was extremely tedious. The first stage were knowledge based questions. After you pass the first stage they then reveal more details about what you are getting yourself into followed by more questions to answer which are more competence based and then a final interview back at the office.

Throughout the day I saw others who came for the same observation day leave early and I understood why as the idea of only getting paid for successfully getting passers by to sign up to contracts and cards monday to saturday is not particularly ideal. I left the day observation during the second stage as the details of the job were not for me, and I witnessed the person I was shadowing conduct personal side business and also take a long time to come back which was a poor reflection of him and the company.

Interview Questions

• They will ask in the first interview day if you have any holidays booked in the near future, answering yes will instantly end your chances for the next stage.
      You have to write down the answers to all the questions asked on the second day and it is very much like a class test.   Answer Question