SlideShare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SlideShare Interview Questions

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SlideShare.

Interview

Two phone screens so far, one problem at each time.

Interview Questions

• First problem is to compute the check sum of a string with a given algorithm, the second one is to implement a drop piece function for tetris.   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SlideShare.

Interview

I applied and got an email from a recruiter of slideshare. The whole process took 3+ weeks.
    Interviewer emailed me for timings for a discussion with her . After a week of no reply from her.

I got another email from her requesting for a phone interview. I got through the first round.
    2 days later I got an email requesting to invite me for a second round.

In the second round coding interview, I got a rejection with no clue as to why they had to reject me. I was able to give them an output for both their coding questions . I haven't crossed deadlines either. Also, the interviewer stated that he was satisfied with my output.

Interview Questions

• first round questions check on your troubleshooting skills , second round includes 2 questions out of which one was take home question (interviewer indicated that this is bonus question)   Answer Question
    • for programming part be prepared on analyzing log files .. that should work   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I received an online link to do the online programming test at the very beginning. It lasts 40 mins and it is not too hard, very basic question. Then I received a call from HR and Skype interview from one technical person, another programming problem, I fail at this. I use too much time to solve the problem.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose our company? How do you think you skills can contribute to our company   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SlideShare.

Interview

I had applied online through the ads on linkedIn. I got a call in less than 2 weeks from the recruiter. The initial screening was for 45 mins where the recruiter asked about my background, experience, questions on my resume. There were questions about the development environment and languages like if I was comfortable to contribute to both front and back development even if particular about just one of them, the location of the company etc. Then I was set up for a telephonic interview. The telephonic round included a coding question and discussion about the problem. I was given one hour to complete the code after the call.

Interview Questions

• The question was to implement the Shoot method from the Battleship game. The method required to identify if a shot was a hit, miss, sunk a battleship or game over! There were two battleships of different dimensions on a grid.   Answer Question

Front-end Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Three-staged interview process: online puzzle, phone screen, and on-site. It starts off with an online time-limited puzzle. Be prepared with every stage, they have a small team and are more of looking for full-stack players.

Interview Questions

• The online-puzzle is quite challenging, take more time considering all the edge cases instead of submitting the solution right away even if it passes all provided test cases.   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SlideShare (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

That feedback is a testament -in part- to the effort we put into hiring and interviewing people. I’ve seen a lot of different hiring strategies, from the nonchalant to the super intense (even more than our approach, which I’ve shared below.) I can’t say there’s one approach that works for every company, or that our approach is even “the right one” for you, but I do know that everyone we hired that went through the process was successful and stayed with us; those that we bent the rules for (often to expedite the hiring process) didn’t pan out quite as well. So for us, the interview process we implemented was a very good filter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SlideShare (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

A very hands on interview. Gave me a problem to code in (Ruby on Rails), and let me work on it for about 30 minutes before checking on me again. It involved ActiveRecord stuff.

Interviewer was friendly and also set out to teach me a thing or two along the way even as I stumbled my way through the interview. A good experience overall regardless of the outcome.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have much experience with caching and database querying tricks at the time (e.g. how to avoid N+1 query problem), so I stumbled there.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SlideShare (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Write programs using any language and any IDE in half an hour. It was kind of stressful when someone is watching you write a program in limited amount of time but the questions are from easy to more complex so you have time to warm up and reduce the nervousness. The interview is very nice and friendly so overall I feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• write a program to generate numbers for the game fizzbuzz   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

Interview

Overall it was pretty good. It was essentially a Skype chat where your are asked you to code two programs (one easy, one difficult) and he watches you via screen-sharing. You also go over your resume. I interviewed with the CTO, Jonathan, and he was extremely nice. I was able to get the first question correct, and my algorithm was the second one was correct, I just had a couple tiny bugs which I couldn't find during the interview, but he said I could email him the code as soon as I finished it.

Interview Questions

• Program the game FizzBuzz for numbers 1-100 in any programming language.   3 Answers
    • Write a program that takes in a tic-tac-toe board (3x3) as input (it can be in whatever representation or format you choose). You must determine which of the following four states the board is in: player X won, player O won, stalemate, continue playing.   Answer Question