Smaato Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Smaato

2.5

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smaato (San Francisco, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

1st round: Phone screen with HR
    2nd: Phone interview with Hiring Manager (Sen. Accounting Manager)
    3rd: Phone interview with HR Director
    4th: Skype interview with German finance team (3 people)
    I was living in Florida at the time, so that is why all of my interviews were conducted over the phone.

Interview Questions

• 1st: Tell me about yourself (but more focus on hobbies)

2nd: Tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses for this role

3rd: What do you know about Smaato

4th: Tell us the cycle of accounts payable, what classes did you like and dislike in college, why accounting, where do you see yourself in the short and long term, how does Smaato make money, do you have a basic understanding of its revenue stream and costs (make sure you understand its business model!)   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smaato (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really organized and straight forward. I had an initial HR screening where I was asked to introduce myself as a person rather than a resume, then we went over the resume, and discussed company history and culture. I was then brought in to the office and interviewed with 5 team members. The third round of interviews consisted of 3 Skype interviews with other offices. Three days later I received the verbal offer it then took two days to receive the official offer.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with the company? Experience and industry knowledge questions. Brain teaser and AM situational questions. Write a mock email to a client.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager USA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smaato (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

First, I have been screened on the phone by the Head of HR working from Germany. She gave me a detailed overview of the company´s structure and the job's requirements, the expectations and the reporting line.

Then she created a very friendly and nice atmosphere and shortly after I was so relaxed like I would have talked to a friend. As I have been called and told that I was selected for the final on-site interviews, I was very happy. Unfortunately they didn´t make me an offer, as another candidate has proven herself as being a better culture fit, and the good feedback they gave me left a very good impression of the company I would consider to work in the future, if they should have any other available roles.

Interview Questions

• I have been asked questions about teamwork skills, my interpersonal relations, my management style or ability to work in a diverse environment.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smaato (Hamburg (Germany)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was applied online and interviewed by technical specialist from Smaato. I was asked about my previous jobs, about technologies which I used, common technical questions: data structures in Python, prons and cons of programming language and so on, no complex questions or tasks. It was a pleasant dialogue. Also I was asked about my salary expectations.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smaato in May 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. It was pretty straightforward and the hiring manager was very nice. But unfortunately he left the company. They asked me about my previous job experiences and some thought provoking questions but nothing too tough. Manageable interview on the whole.

Interview Questions

• Are you more detail oriented or you prefer to look at the bigger picture   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smaato (Hamburg (Germany)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on Smaato website and I was asked to send 2 examples of Good and Coding design. Then I was invited for on-site interview. In the on-site interview, there were no technical questions just discussion about my experience and my submitted code examples. The interview was simple and easy.

Interview Questions

• Discussion about my experience and my submitted code examples   Answer Question

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smaato (Hamburg (Germany)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was interesting. They asked me about my background and motivations. They also explained me about the business. After the first round interview via phone, I had 2 more interviews with the HR and the management.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smaato (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

One on-site interview held by 2 sales engineers. They were out-going and firendly. I did not get to see the head of department. The offer was made after this one interview. Asked me both behavioural and technical questions. After I took the offer, I worked in the same team with the 2 sales engineers.

Interview Questions

• strengthes and weaknesses, challenges, disagreement/conflict with teammates... recursive functions, SQL and other stuff taught in school.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Smaato (Hamburg (Germany)) in June 2018.

Interview

I went through 5 steps, yes 5!

- First interview was background check, discussions over skills and basically pre screening. 2 cool guys(developers) from company attended at the interview and it was very pleasant and positive. After a week I got notification that we will move to the next step.

-Second step was technical interview. Again 2 cool developers from the company attended at the interview. They gave me some codes and asked some questions about the code, it was like a team work rather than interview we actively discussed
    solutions and yeah that one also was very pleasant. So after a few days I got notification about next appointment.

-Third step was interview - which was exceptional, they did not mention about it - with technical recruiter. I understand that the company hired that girl recently and just gave her possibility to be involved in hiring process. Anyway, she asked basic behavioral questions and about my salary expectations. Also I understand that she did not check my CV correctly. She even did not know about my nationality. But that interview also was pleasant and positive. After 15 minutes I got info about next step.

-Fourth interview was with one of the directors of the company. He was very cool guy and I felt he also is a honest person. He also asked background questions, behavioral questions and another positive interview took place.Immediately after that interview I moved on to the final interview.

- And honestly I was tired repeating same things again and again :) So the final interview was with a HR Business Partner. I don't know why but she had hidden her face during the interview :) A lighting game :) Anyway interview was disaster, she was very negative and I was very tired. For a while I answered in autopilot mode then covered my energy and answered consciously. She told me that they will notify me about their decision next week.

Then all strange things started to happen. Next week they sent me an email that "they still collecting results, please be patient, the next week is the latest". I thought ok, it's normal. But at the end of the next week I asked them about the process and got same answer but this time different: "You are still our final candidate and we will let you know our decision next week the latest. Are you still interested to join us?". And I started wandering about their aims and asked for clarification. As a response I got rejection email with this content: "Please understand that we can not disclose further reasons that have led to our decision".

As a result, if they would send me a rejection email at the time they promised, I could understand. It's totally normal. But their pattern was making candidate nervous and using that as an argument for rejection.It's totally disrespectful!!!If you want to be busy, read books, write book, do whatever you want, but please, follow business ethics, do not waste candidates time with your fake job advertisements.

Recap: In Smaato developers are cool, recruitment and hr team are unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• Background check, behavioral questions, code smells in javascript   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smaato (Hamburg (Germany)) in August 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by a senior manager and a c- level. The interview was challenging in a good way. It was not a typical interview only about my resume, they were more interested in future ideas for smaato and smaato's industry, aswell as in innovative approaches in HR. As a recent graduate from university this was a perfect start in to the job world: Challenging and interesting!

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume, Questions about the industry (mobile advertising), Questions about innovative HR approaches   Answer Question