Smart Circle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smart Circle Interview Questions

Interviews at Smart Circle

1.5

Lead Generator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smart Circle.

Interview

Gives you a questionnaire to fill out, asks you basic questions. You go to the store and follow a worker around to see what they do. Guaranteed if you show any type of interest in the work

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The boss tried to make it seem like a great offer. However, he declined to mention anything specific about pay or benefits, and avoided the question when asked

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart Circle (Paterson, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

There is a 2 step interview process. The first interview is all about the employer putting a face to the resume. They want to know who you are, what you like, and what your experience is. Most importantly they want to know if this job is something you can do. The second interview consists of the employer breaking down the job and it's opportunities for advancement. Also they will explain the schedule and working conditions.

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle.

Interview

I applied online and the interview process was over in 2 days. They were mainly looking for self-motivated people with a strong work ethic. Not a very hard interview, just behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle (San Diego, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

They may reach out to you on one of the major job search websites. First round interview is to see if you are eager and to pique your interest. Second round is to pair you with a team leader who will mentor you through this MLM, and has a goal of keeping you for as long as possible. He/she may be drinking the cool-aide too, so it seems very legit. Third round is just a confirmation of it all. If the leader likes you out of the thousands of people they have interviewed, you stay on.

Interview Questions

• Are you student oriented? What’s your attitude? What’s your work ethic? They drill these into you and make you repeate in the job verbatim to make you sacrifice more than your fair share. They require constant note taking to make you feel inferior to the higher ups. You are students or peons, while the higher ups are Gods, even though the longest most people work there is for a few years. They are creating slaves and many do not even know it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a three day interview. Day one, I came in and had an interview with their Administrative Assistant that seemed very unprofessional, but relaxed. Day 2 and Day 3 were combined. I first interviewed with the girl who was to be my leader. That one was way more informational, however they left out that I would be working weekends and would also be expected to work until 9 or 10 at night. The day 3 interview was fantastic. I just met with the owner and he was very sweet and kind.

Interview Questions

• What previous positions would help you in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

a Brief phone screening, that everyone passes, then they rush you to come in to meet a woman Stephanie who sits at a lonely desk in an office and just tries to be strict and stern about the position. Asks you basic questions like what motivates you, and why and then they send you on a "shadowing" where you go around with who you are going to mentor with and be your "leader of the cult" who ultimately just texts steph yes or no they then try to make it so formal and professional and send you back to the office where they hire EVERYONE.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle.

Interview

A day after submitting my resume I got a call telling me that my resume fit what they were looking for perfectly and invited me in for an interview. I went to an empty office where I got asked questions about work ethic and my drive to succeed. Nothing really about qualifications. They spread it out over 3 interviews, the second interview is at "one of their events" which is really just a booth in a Sam's Club or Kroger store where they annoy shoppers into buying stuff. You're asked if its something you could see yourself doing, but don't tell you it is the only thing you would be doing. Every question, response, and movement from them is scripted. Nothing is genuine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. They are looking for warm bodies. ONLY ACCEPT IF YOU WANT NO PERSONAL LIFE AND TO WORK WITHOUT BEING PROPERLY PAID. They tell you what you want to hear so you accept the job.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle (Overland Park, KS) in June 2010.

Interview

You do a first interview with the manager. They ask you to come back for a second interview to see what the job entails. They make you feel like you have things that set you apart from others for the second interview, in reality they ask everyone to take a second interview. The second interview is a half day long of observation. Then the employee you shadow does a breakdown of how to get into management and how much you can make. Then asks if you are interested in the position. The employee says things like, "If we are able to offer you a position" and "we have two positions available but 12 interviews today." In reality, they will take anyone that says yes to the job. Its b2b sales and the turnover is extremely high.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for out a company you want to work for?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with outside, face to face sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

First round interview is held at the office. Unless you are completely incompetent you are then "awarded" a second round interview at a Sam's Club, grocery store, or Small department store. The interview process is run off a national script of false hopes,false salaries, and questions that make the interviewer put you on your "back foot" to make the interviewee think this is a super hard position to get.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the different between direct and indirect marketing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary is a commission vs hourly wage... Aka... You make minimum wage

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle.

Interview

You have a first round interview with the Manager or Asst Manager. They talk to you for 5 mins and tell you a little about Marketing. As long as you can hold a conversation they will call you in for a 2nd round. An Acct. Manager will conduct the 2nd interview. If the Acct. Manager has a car, he or she will drive you to a neighborhood to show you that they do door-to-door even though they don't outright say it. They then take you either back to the office or to a local DunkinDonuts to draw out the pay scale which is all commission. They of course fancy it up so it sounds like you can make a lot of money. If you do well then they give you a questionaire and have you sit down with the Manager who will hire you right on the spot. If they don't then they most likely aren't interested in you. They aren't picky. They only want people who can walk and talk.

Interview Questions

• If you were a manager, how would you pay your guys?:salary, hourly, or commission?
      What are some leadership roles that you have had?   Answer Question