Smart Circle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2016

1.5

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smart Circle (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

I had to wait on the "team leader" for my interview. He was running late and I was sitting there for about 20 minutes. When we got into the interview, the team leader seemed very nice but was really pushy and sales orientated into getting me into the company. He ended up hiring me on the spot. At the time I really needed a job so I took it. This last week my boyfriend went in for an interview and the team leader was just as pushy. He was unprofessional in showing my boyfriend pictures of the girl that set up his interview. They really try to make it seem like an amazing opportunity but it really isn't.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for somewhere with growth opportunities?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle.

Interview

You have a first round interview with the Manager or Asst Manager. They talk to you for 5 mins and tell you a little about Marketing. As long as you can hold a conversation they will call you in for a 2nd round. An Acct. Manager will conduct the 2nd interview. If the Acct. Manager has a car, he or she will drive you to a neighborhood to show you that they do door-to-door even though they don't outright say it. They then take you either back to the office or to a local DunkinDonuts to draw out the pay scale which is all commission. They of course fancy it up so it sounds like you can make a lot of money. If you do well then they give you a questionaire and have you sit down with the Manager who will hire you right on the spot. If they don't then they most likely aren't interested in you. They aren't picky. They only want people who can walk and talk.

Interview Questions

• If you were a manager, how would you pay your guys?:salary, hourly, or commission?
      What are some leadership roles that you have had?
      Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

3 step process
    1. with owner or AM (you will be notified same day if move onto 2nd round)
    2. at Sam's Club/Costco/HEB/Kroger where they took you to see the campaign they were promoting (will be notified same day if move onto 3rd round)
    3. with owner or AM (will be notified next day if hired)
    4. they

Interview Questions

• What is it about this company that took you back to the second round?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart Circle (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was quick and got me through the system faster than I expected it would. The people I met with were very nice and straight forward about what to expect from the position so that was nice. There was lots of opportunities for asking questions about the company as well and I like that during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What things have you done to qualify you for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a simple 3 day process. The first day the owner of the business asked simple questions to assess my personality and my attitude and see if I was a good fit for the business. The second day you get sent out to the field to one of the events and talk to a Sales leader there who will show what the work is and what you have to do. If you make it to the third day, that is when you discuss work hours and compensation.

Interview Questions

• With the proper teaching and training do you think you might be able to do this and at a later point in time teach and retrain someone else this?   1 Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

a Brief phone screening, that everyone passes, then they rush you to come in to meet a woman Stephanie who sits at a lonely desk in an office and just tries to be strict and stern about the position. Asks you basic questions like what motivates you, and why and then they send you on a "shadowing" where you go around with who you are going to mentor with and be your "leader of the cult" who ultimately just texts steph yes or no they then try to make it so formal and professional and send you back to the office where they hire EVERYONE.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle.

Interview

A day after submitting my resume I got a call telling me that my resume fit what they were looking for perfectly and invited me in for an interview. I went to an empty office where I got asked questions about work ethic and my drive to succeed. Nothing really about qualifications. They spread it out over 3 interviews, the second interview is at "one of their events" which is really just a booth in a Sam's Club or Kroger store where they annoy shoppers into buying stuff. You're asked if its something you could see yourself doing, but don't tell you it is the only thing you would be doing. Every question, response, and movement from them is scripted. Nothing is genuine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. They are looking for warm bodies. ONLY ACCEPT IF YOU WANT NO PERSONAL LIFE AND TO WORK WITHOUT BEING PROPERLY PAID. They tell you what you want to hear so you accept the job.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smart Circle (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a three day interview. Day one, I came in and had an interview with their Administrative Assistant that seemed very unprofessional, but relaxed. Day 2 and Day 3 were combined. I first interviewed with the girl who was to be my leader. That one was way more informational, however they left out that I would be working weekends and would also be expected to work until 9 or 10 at night. The day 3 interview was fantastic. I just met with the owner and he was very sweet and kind.

Interview Questions

• What previous positions would help you in sales?   1 Answer

Cult Member Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smart Circle.

Interview

Looking for hard-up and desperate people. If you consider yourself even remotely intelligent, this experience will certainly change that. This place managed to waste just enough of my time, which could have been spent working for an actual LEGIT business. I'm glad I quit when I did. I wish more people would realize what a scam this is before wasting their precious time with any of their associates under the Smart Circle name or others. I hope they aren't raising their daughter to be fooled and duped by folks like themselves.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to be manipulated. If you even think you have an ounce of street smarts or intelligence, working for this place will make you feel like a complete fool.   Answer Question

They play people for fools. They believe another idiot will come along and, sadly, they're probably correct.

Sales Representative/Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smart Circle (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

You meet the Campaign Manager at the event they are promoting and they walk you through the whole process of the business and how it works by sitting down and asking questions and showing you first-hand what they do.

Interview Questions

• We are looking for self-motivated people, why is that person you?

We start our people at entry-level and promote them into executive management in 8-12 months, why do you think we start people at entry-level?

I'm looking for someone with a strong work-ethic and a great student mentality, why is that person you?
      Answer Question