Smart Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smart Design Interview Questions

2.9

Engineering Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Smart Design (New York, NY).

Interview

I met them at a job fair, they invited me for an interview. I discussed the projects I had listed in my portfolio and they liked what I described to them

Strategist Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smart Design.

Interview

Sent cover letter and work samples online via their website and was asked for a 30 min interview. Phone interview was with a senior team member who asked about previous projects and methods I've used in the past

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Smart Design (New York, NY).

Interview

After 2 months of applying online, I suddenly got an interview opportunity with them. The questions were general, but it was difficult for me to explain my works by sharing my screen online in English. The result came to me after I required it to them, and it was a bit stressful. It would be nicer if they could communicate more smoothly.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smart Design (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was a livechat. It went very smoothly. The interviewers tried to understand my motivations and ability for the job without any trick questions. They gave time for me to explain myself and were very good at getting the most out of the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about former work and how I would improve on it.   Answer Question

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Smart Design (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I took the interview in Feb. 2014 for interaction design intern. Had phone interviews with recruiter and designers. The process was very general and the recruiter was helpful and got response pretty promptly. I declined the offer since I was aiming to get a full-time position from this internship, but they said the possibility could be low.

Brand Communication Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart Design (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Upon arriving for my interview I was greeted by a very friendly office manager who make sure I was comfortable and ready to go for my interview. It definitely helped to calm my nerves. Both Senior Designers were present during my interview. I felt they each took on a role to see both sides of my personality. The more serious side of getting things done, and being a go getter, and the more down to earth type who was there to see if this would be a good culture fit for me. Overall the interview went well. I actually liked how they set up the process of the interview because it gave me an insight to how it would be to work there. Serious at times when they had deadlines, but also down to earth people who like to have a lot of fun and enjoy what they do.

Interview Questions

• They mostly wanted to talk about my projects and my design process for each.   Answer Question

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smart Design (Paris (France)) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a skype interview run by six or eight people being abroad, in the United State of America. Very friendly, we went throught my portfolio and they asked me question about what was my interest, perspective in life, etc...

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Smart Design.

Interview

I had 2 interviews and I waited at least a month or so for the second interview. My timing was a bit off with their recruiting schedule, but what's strange is that my first interview was a video Skype chat with 2 design directors and then my second interview was with 2 young designers. I thought it should be the other way around.

I waited another month or so to get back from them and they chose someone else. The whole process happened from July - November ... I wish their management was tighter.

Interview Questions

• A typical interview asking about my work and experiences.   Answer Question