Smart Meetings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smart Meetings Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.7

Event Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Meetings.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by in-person interview. I scheduled the phone interview with Luc. We had to reschedule due to technical issues. I awaited the call that never came. I called and left Luc 2 messages 30 minutes apart. To this day, he has not returned my call.

Interview Questions

• The President (Luc) contacted me by email to set-up a phone interview. Luc missed the scheduled call and I've not heard from since.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smart Meetings in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email requesting a phone interview. We scheduled an interview for Friday afternoon. Thirty minutes after my interview time, I still hadn't received a call. I sent an email to Luc following up about our scheduled call. He told me his previous call ran over and wanted to reschedule. We rescheduled for Monday. Again, I didn't receive a call. I sent another email to follow up and Luc said, "why didn't you initiate the call"? NEVER in my career and/or job hunt (over 15 years) have I ever been asked to call an interviewer especially when I wasn't asked to. After replying to his email, letting him know he didn't ask me to contact him, that he would be contacting me...I haven't heard a thing back from him.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter never followed up to reschedule phone screen   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The l process was very informal. They talked a lot about the company and how great Marin is. They also showed me around the office and made me an espresso. The asked me questions about my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations on salary. Take it or leave it.

Ad Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Meetings.

Interview

Had one initial phone interview. It was awkward and unprofessional where the interviewer mocked personal career goals and questioned my academic background in relation to this role. He clearly showed no interest in talking about the role or company or trying to sell the candidate in any way. Questions were basic and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• How does one go from (academic background here) to (current/recent work experience here)? Tell me about what you do now?   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Meetings.

Interview

I was contacted through a private message. We then set up an interview time for a phone interview. The phone interview was short. It was mostly him talking. He seems busy and it comes across as such. Have not heard anything back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saucelito, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Saucelito, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, after applying for the executive assistant position. The interviewer instead mentioned multiple sales positions they have open, which I did not apply for. He even mocked my experience by stating I wasn't qualified for the EA position in which I originally applied for. Seems like they need to pay more attention because if I had applied for the sales positions he referred to I would have gone about the interview in a completely different way. And not to mention I am completely OVER qualified for the EA position.

Interview Questions

Smart Meetings Response

Feb 9, 2016 – President

After applying for an EA position, we discussed a position in our events department. She had event experience and no EA experience. We certainly want to talk to people and see if they are a fit, in ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was horrified to read other people's feedback but unfortunately all of this is true.

I first had a phone interview that was super quick and a bit awkward, Interviewer didn't ask much questions, didn't seem very interested with my answers. Then went in for an in person interview. I arrived a bit early and as I was standing behind the door I could hear a lady yelling at her employees. I then entered the office trying to not let that intimidate me but I have to say it really didn't give a good impression nor seems professional. The dog does lick you forever while you are waiting and it doesn't seem to bother anyone.

Interview was ok but same, interviewer didn't seem energetic or motivated. I was shocked to hear they are offering 50k for an Executive Assistant position (average is about 80-90k in the bay area).

Finally I NEVER got any follow up.

Definitely not a good impression.

Interview Questions

Smart Meetings Response

Nov 16, 2015 – CEO

We are sorry you received no follow up. It sounds like you are very upset by this and that is never our intention. Our salaries are based on experience. We wish you all the best in your career ... More

Event Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Sausalito, CA).

Interview

It was a two step process of a phone interview followed by an in person. Very normal interview process. All smiles and an open outlooks of growth and happiness. They avoided directly answering the question of average tenure and attributed high turn over to growth of the company. The owners dog greets you at the door with loud barking and then follows you into the interview.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Sausalito, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewing at Smart Meetings was the worst experience I've ever had. Their old-style environment (totally the opposite of how a Silicon Valley company should be) and the absence of professionalism of the interviewers are embarrassing and even depressing. Way below any decent standard of the area. During the interview, the interviewers used to step in and out of the room any seconds asking always the same questions not related to the job description. Also, they do not follow-up and they treat you with a sense of inferiority.
    All the team in general is very old and I do believe they stay there because they are so old that they do not have another place to go.

Believe me, if you take good care of yourself, run as fast as you can from there, it is toxic.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I met twice in person with the CFO and CEO. Before and after interviews, we spoke on the phone a few times. The atmosphere was both relaxed and professional. The interview was conducted in a causal manner with questions evoking ways to improve and continue to lead in their industry.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were mostly event and practicum based. It was more like a consult than a job interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I expressed what it would take. They countered with their offer. I wished them well and said no thank you.