Smart Meetings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Smart Meetings

2.8

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marin City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Marin City, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

first was an email with a request for a phone conversation followed by a request meet with the principal stakeholders. If this goes well you are asked to take an assessment test, followed by another interview with staff and a trial run through. the primary people are fantastic and fun people, whom sell the company and the culture beautifully, but are just truly difficult to work for, sadly it is not with them ... it is for them.

Negotiation

They are dead set on low pay, earn your way

Ad Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Meetings.

Interview

Had one initial phone interview. It was awkward and unprofessional where the interviewer mocked personal career goals and questioned my academic background in relation to this role. He clearly showed no interest in talking about the role or company or trying to sell the candidate in any way. Questions were basic and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• How does one go from (academic background here) to (current/recent work experience here)? Tell me about what you do now?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Sausalito, CA).

Interview

Usually a 2 or 3X interview process with the CEO and CFO. You will be grilled on how well you know their product so make sure you do your homework. you will also be asked to take a personality test, and unless you are a perfect match, you won't get the job since they use it as a litmis test instead of looking at your track record. You will also be asked if you are willing to travel 2+ weeks per month and work on weekends with no comp time.

Interview Questions

• Why are we better than our competition.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations - "Take it or leave it"

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Sausalito, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I got a message to schedule a phone interview. President Luc Troussieux personally called right on time. He was very nice, friendly and made me feel very comfortable during the call, asking about my background and telling me about Smart Meetings. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. The day of the interview Mr. Troussieux was polite and friendly, asking me many interesting questions. He gave me a tour of the office. He explained, in a positive manner, the results of my personality quiz. I met the CEO, a very interesting person, who gave me a 'values' quiz. A few days later, Mr. Troussieux emailed me, thanking me for the interview and saying in the nicest way I was not selected for the job. I emailed back asking for feedback and he took the time to gave me a very honest and helpful feedback. This is why I give them 5 stars for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep current with the event planning trends?   Answer Question

Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Sausalito, CA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by two in-person interviews. Met with prospective boss as well as CEO and CFO (husband of CEO). Had to take a personality test. Asked good questions. Received some false information about work environment. CFO asks questions quickly, not giving you much time to think between. Staff not willing to share actual thoughts about their experience at the company.

Interview Questions

• Reviewing the personality test and why you tested that way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not very flexible on terms.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I met twice in person with the CFO and CEO. Before and after interviews, we spoke on the phone a few times. The atmosphere was both relaxed and professional. The interview was conducted in a causal manner with questions evoking ways to improve and continue to lead in their industry.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were mostly event and practicum based. It was more like a consult than a job interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I expressed what it would take. They countered with their offer. I wished them well and said no thank you.

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Meetings.

Interview

I was contacted through a private message. We then set up an interview time for a phone interview. The phone interview was short. It was mostly him talking. He seems busy and it comes across as such. Have not heard anything back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was horrified to read other people's feedback but unfortunately all of this is true.

I first had a phone interview that was super quick and a bit awkward, Interviewer didn't ask much questions, didn't seem very interested with my answers. Then went in for an in person interview. I arrived a bit early and as I was standing behind the door I could hear a lady yelling at her employees. I then entered the office trying to not let that intimidate me but I have to say it really didn't give a good impression nor seems professional. The dog does lick you forever while you are waiting and it doesn't seem to bother anyone.

Interview was ok but same, interviewer didn't seem energetic or motivated. I was shocked to hear they are offering 50k for an Executive Assistant position (average is about 80-90k in the bay area).

Finally I NEVER got any follow up.

Definitely not a good impression.

Interview Questions

Smart Meetings Response

Nov 16, 2015 – CEO

We are sorry you received no follow up. It sounds like you are very upset by this and that is never our intention. Our salaries are based on experience. We wish you all the best in your career... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saucelito, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Meetings (Saucelito, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, after applying for the executive assistant position. The interviewer instead mentioned multiple sales positions they have open, which I did not apply for. He even mocked my experience by stating I wasn't qualified for the EA position in which I originally applied for. Seems like they need to pay more attention because if I had applied for the sales positions he referred to I would have gone about the interview in a completely different way. And not to mention I am completely OVER qualified for the EA position.

Interview Questions

Smart Meetings Response

Feb 9, 2016 – President

After applying for an EA position, we discussed a position in our events department. She had event experience and no EA experience. We certainly want to talk to people and see if they are a fit, in... More

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smart Meetings in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email requesting a phone interview. We scheduled an interview for Friday afternoon. Thirty minutes after my interview time, I still hadn't received a call. I sent an email to Luc following up about our scheduled call. He told me his previous call ran over and wanted to reschedule. We rescheduled for Monday. Again, I didn't receive a call. I sent another email to follow up and Luc said, "why didn't you initiate the call"? NEVER in my career and/or job hunt (over 15 years) have I ever been asked to call an interviewer especially when I wasn't asked to. After replying to his email, letting him know he didn't ask me to contact him, that he would be contacting me...I haven't heard a thing back from him.