Smith College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smith College Interview Questions

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smith College (Northampton, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application on line. I had a brief telephone interview and a face to face interview a week later. It was a positive experience, but I have not heard back after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle difficult clients/customers at a former job?   1 Answer

Staff Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Smith College (Northampton, MA).

Interview

Had to go through three interviews, first by phone and two in person. The second one was scheduled for three or four hours (I forget) with lots of different people on campus. Third one was with three more people. It was quite an in-depth process with LOTS of people weighing in.

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Smith College.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview for an entry level genetics research technician position in one of the biology faculty member's labs. I had a Skype interview with the PI and her post-doc. The interview went well and I followed up with the typical post-interview "thank you e-mail". I didn't hear anything back after two weeks, so I sent a follow up e-mail and left a voicemail. Still nothing. I reached out to HR via e-mail and voicemail. Still nothing. A few weeks later, I called HR and left a message with a secretary who promised to have someone call me back with information (even though I had long since given up on this job). I never received any call back from HR. I'm not even joking, but I finally got the rejection letter from HR eight months after the interview. The rejection letter even began with "We are sorry that this process has taken so long". What excuse could they possibly have for taking eight months to reject someone? I had seriously been at my new job for 6 months before this rejection letter appeared in my inbox. The PI could have at the very least let me know sooner that I did not make the final selection. I could have moved on instead of wasting 6 weeks by following up with this college. I would never apply for another job with this school.

Student Financial Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smith College in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a response a few days later. The interview was with the office manager and two other staff members. The questions were mostly behavior questions. They started by describing the work environment. It was more like they want the applicants to be ready with what they are going to face. It was a fast pace office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a problem at work.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Smith College (Northampton, MA).

Interview

Very standard interview for a part-time on-campus job. Application process asked for a "poster for an event you would like to see." Purely behavioral questions, mostly about working in teams. Interviewer (who has since left Smith) was very nice, though professional. I did the interview and was told I didn't get a position, but then one of the students who they thought was coming back to fill the position didn't and they ended up needing me. They were prompt in notifying me about both decisions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a conflict you had while working in a group project and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smith College.

Interview

Submitted resume, received email the next day to set up a phone interview. Then invited to an in-person interview one week later. The in-person was a panel interview with staff and faculty for a staff position. The interviewers were kind and seemed interested in what I had to say during the interview. Positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you fixed a technical problem or used your technical skills   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smith College (Hartford, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

an hour of paperwork, computer skills testing, waiting for an interview. After completing the paperwork, and meeting face to face, a position was not immediately found. Once a position was found, the pay scale offered was significantly less than was led to believe during the interview. Tax paperwork was lost/misplaced resulting in a special trip back to the office in order to get paid.

Library Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smith College in January 2013.

Interview

The interview included behavioral type of questions mostly. The goal of this interview was to mostly assess an individual's ability to learn quickly, communicate efficiently to both managers and library users and to be able to work calmly in a fast paced environment.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing you had to learn during the past 2 years   Answer Question

Classroom Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smith College (Northampton, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

not bad, pretty typical stuff. I'm not really sure how to fill the 50 word minimum here, as there was nothing specifically out of the ordinary about it. Some questions about how I worked with others and how I solved problems and dealt with stressful situations. It's a student position so it's not very difficult to get hired if you are moderately competent.

ETS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smith College (Northampton, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

not much to say, very easy on campus job interview