Smithsonian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smithsonian Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2018

2.4

Parking Attendant Interview

Interview

The process was easy. The manager called me in after the completion of the online application. Following this I was interviewed in the office.... lastly I took a test and passed.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone call interview lasted for less than 30 minutes. The interviewer only asked one question, then introduced Smithsonian and the position to me. The whole process was easy and casual.

Explainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smithsonian (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

In-person interview. Casual and fun. Prepared a science level in advance, about at a middle school level, and shared it. Make sure to show that you're not only knowledgable, but also sociable and likable as a person.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smithsonian (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. The first was a very general conversation so they could get to know my background, the second was more specific behavioral and technical questions related to the role. Once they reached out about the first round interview, it was just a few weeks until I had received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you collaborated on a team, and describe how your contribution to the team improved the end results.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithsonian (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was friendly and laid-back. They calmed my nerves. The employees clearly love their job and it showed. It went so well and, luckily, I got the position. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, really.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithsonian.

Interview

I applied online through SOLAA. Two months after submitting the application, I received a phone call and was asked if I was still interested in the position. A few days later, I was offered the internship and I accepted.

Advancement Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithsonian (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email for a phone interview which went well. Afterwards I was invited for an in person interview which was very laid back and only lasted about 35 minutes. No real difficult questions, just a get to know you conversation. I did not hear back for 2 weeks and I emailed the secretary who stated they were still in the hiring process. I never heard back from them after that email.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smithsonian in April 2016.

Interview

Lengthy application process and portfolio collection. The demonstrative portfolio served as the prescreening interviews. Sell yourself well, include detailed work samples, and explain why YOU are the best candidate.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience with the C3 standards in the classroom.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithsonian in March 2016.

Interview

It was an informal interview over the phone with two employees at NMAH. Very friendly and generally wanted to get to know you. The entire interview took around 30 minutes. I heard back within 2 weeks of the interview offering me the internship.

Interview Questions

• The overall questions weren't difficult to answer. They asked me about me resume, classes I was taking, and my digitization and research experience.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithsonian (Washington, DC).

Interview

There was a 30 minute phone interview followed by a panel interview and then one where I gave a presentation. So two separate in-person interviews and then there was a final Skype interview with the management team. So four interviews in total before receiving an offer for the position. Then they needed to do background checks. So it was a lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this job?   2 Answers