Snap-on Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

Application

I interviewed at Snap-on (Kenosha, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the would-be manager. Had a phone interview to begin with, then was invited for an in person, where I interviewed with the same manager and her head manager. Was never contacted whether I got the job or not. I even emailed the manager about 3 weeks after the interview, and she never responded. Very rude and unprofessional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about my experience and background. Didn't ask the typical interview questions where everyone gives a generic answer. Was very friendly and conversational.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Snap-on (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with Sale manager , and two person panel interview asked a lot of situational questions. and how your past work experience translates into the Account Manager Positions. Also a lot communication using email instead of calling direct.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the role of account manager means here at Snap On   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Snap-on (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

Standard interview questions. Asked about prior work and hobby experience. Just as interested in hands on (hobby or professional) as well as educational experience.

One phone screen (hour long convo) and one onsite tour/interview (about 4 hours). Job offer 3 days later.

Payroll Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Snap-on.

Interview

Interview set up through a recruiter. Interview set up pretty quickl. Interviewed with payroll manager. Typical interview questions asked, nothing very difficult and was told about the role and company.

Assembly Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snap-on (Conway, AR) in May 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed twice by telephone and then went to a late afternoon interview with 4-6 person panel. Given tour of plant after the hourly associates went home for the day. Everyone was cordial but there were no formatted interview questions and each person seemed fairly busy and disengaged during the process with the exception of HR manager. All questions were centered on/around the technical nothing on leadership, employee development, wellness etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with developing work instructions?   1 Answer
    • Was asked by the operations manager if the position would be enough due to it being a flat organization.   1 Answer

Interview

I had two interviews onsite and they were the same day. First was with HR rep, second with hiring manager and team lead. Was asked about my background and my experience. Typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First job in over 3 years did not negotiate but offer was higher than expected.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snap-on (Crystal Lake, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied by agency. I took 3 hrs testing, finally got to interview, 7 hrs for interview wasted my time and had to take day off from my current work. Waste of time after everything went good in interview. They did not offer me position, but did not give any reason why not, Waste of time to go on interview.

Buyer Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Snap-on (Kenosha, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview focused on the what the Industrial Division of the company manufactured, responsibilities of the position, and short and longer term objectives of the material group. The interview was somewhat informal and fluid rather than responding to direct questions. However, I was provided the opportunity to discuss my job history accomplishments, and capabilities.as they might relate to the position.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience with ERP.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Snap-on (Lincolnshire, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

They asked me about my skills prior to pursuing an engineering career before moving on to the technical questions. I was asked about my family and motivation. The interview seemed more like a casual conversation where I wasn't being bombarded with all these technical questions. We did a walk around of the office where my interviewer talked about everyone's role so I may tell him where I think I would be best suited. It was overall a very successful interview and he let me decide where I could be most helpful which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience using CAD software?   1 Answer

Customer Care Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Snap-on (Crystal Lake, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

group interview that was all day long. Out of 15 people 4 were hired. After 4 months only one remained. Out of the last 3 sets of hired groups only one person remained for longer than 4 months

Interview Questions

• basic corporate questions. Felt like a revolving door and the people were just going through the motions.   Answer Question