Snapdeal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Snapdeal Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2018

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Snapdeal.

Interview

Hackerrank online - 3 coding questions - pretty straightforward and simple
    On-site rounds - 3 on-site technical rounds + 1 HR round
    On-site technical rounds had basic coding questions. Mostly DP.
    I applied through employee referral.

Interview Questions

• Basic DP problems, Java design questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Snapdeal in December 2014.

Interview

I got a call from HR and I must say she did her job perfectly. Right from explaining the job description in detail, scheduling an interview, updating me with the result of each tech round to final HR discussion.

Initially, there was an online test in Java, SQL and UNIX which I cleared. After that HR scheduled my in person interview as per my convenience.

Most importantly, during interview, I didn't have to wait much for my turn. Overall it was 3 technical round and then final HR discussion.

First technical round started with light note on access modifier (though it was tricky). Then slowly discussion moved to tree, algorithms, data structure, collections and design pattern. Needless to say the Interviewer was highly technical and he knew what to ask and how. I must say it was a difficult round.

After that, second round was more on implementation rather than just theoretical. So if you are appearing for an interview in Snapdeal, you must have solid hands on in writing precise and clear code.

The interviewer covered almost everything an interviewee can ever imagine. It started with collections, different classes in JDK 5, 6 and slowly progressed to design pattern, back tracking, algorithms, data structure, comparator, comparable, scenario based question and many more. It was again tough to crack.

Third round of technical discussion was more on analytic, problem solving. It started with SQL then puzzles. Puzzles puzzled me a lot. Please make sure you go through puzzles as well. I didn't know but now you know. Isn't it. :)

All rounds significantly lead to 2 points.

1: They hire the best among us and they know how to select right candidate for an opportunity.

2: They know in and out of technology stack you have worked on, so be careful what you are writing in your CV. They ask questions from your CV as well.

All technical rounds were so detailed and thorough that it's almost impossible to cover everything here. Focus more on data structure, algorithms, and solid hands on in any programming language.

After that, HR updated me with the Panel's result. During HR discussion, I was asked questions like why Snapdeal, are you fine with Delhi location, about my previous employment history and an approximate date for joining.

In a nut shell, A DAY WORTH SPENT WITH TECH EXPERTS.

Interview Questions

• Focus more on data structure, algorithms, and solid hands on in any programming language.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snapdeal (New Delhi, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

3 rounds, one case round, 1 with hiring manager and 1 with hiring interview.
    telephonic questions. grilled on what i did in the past, and can think thru better ways of doing so.
    why the company? why i m excited to join?
    why leaving the present firm?
    ask questions at end of interview

Interview Questions

• one was a presentation round, had to make a deck
      rounds on basic what projects i did in the past and further deep diving on them
      why join the company?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Snapdeal (New Delhi (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Was very time taking. They take a lot of time to get back and confirm.
    Not much communication in between rounds in-spite of me asking again and again about the next round or the overall status of my employment.

Basic HR round
    Manager round
    Presentation
    Senior Manager round - asked questions related to presentation
    background verification

Associate Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Snapdeal (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Written aptitude test followed by a group discussion activity which involved puzzle solving, 4 out of the group of 14 reached the interview round. 1st round was mainly technical where they asked questions on logistics, since my application was for supply chain management. 2nd round was a guesstimate plus he.

Interview Questions

• Majority of questions were CV based. They wanted to judge whether you can with in an unpredictable environment   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Snapdeal (New Delhi (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a very lengthy process with multiple rounds from various stakeholders. They asked me to prepare a PPT which they went through in great detail. Make sure you have researched a lot about the company before joining.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the future of the company   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Snapdeal (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

8 rounds were taken.
    All round was highly tough.
    Not a easy to crack development round.
    They provide one project to work on. If you succesfully created the project with good understanding then your half pain of interview will be reduced.

Interview Questions

• Kernal coding? Security code?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Snapdeal (New Delhi (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Telephonic Interview.
    2. Face to face interview. a

Interview Questions

• Algorithm for Right Hand View, Left hand view of Binary Tree, Write implementations of Thread Pool, Blocking Queue, Concurrent hash map,   Answer Question

Lead User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Snapdeal (New Delhi (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was given an assignment for redesigning snapdeal Android app's. To complete that in time I had to spend my entire weekend. I did an heuristics of the existing app, created a report of issues and then proposed a complete new app for Android Material Design.

One-o-One telephonic meeting was scheduled at 7pm on 26-May-2015. I waited for more than an hour but unfortunately I did not receive any call.

Nevertheless another telephonic meeting was scheduled. After the interview I was told by the interviewer that he will forward my application for the next level where I will have to come for face to face interview to the office and HR will get back to me to confirm the date.

I kept waiting for the HR to get back to me, finally I got a surprise news that the person who heads the mobile division is moving out of mobile so the new head of department after joining will take the call if he wants to increase his team or not.

My question to SnamDeal is this (Changing role for head of department would not have happened over night), and if you were not sure then you had no right to waste my time.

Interview Questions

• Why have you shown tab for 'Exclusive Offer' in the footer instead of in the top as it is there in the current app.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Snapdeal (New Delhi (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview call through AMCAT.
    1.Machine coding round.
    2.Snapdeal written test.
    3.Technical Interview.
    4.HR interview.

Rejected in 3rd round

Questions:
    1st round:
     To run two programs in an online compiler.Programs were:
       to rotate a matrix by 90 degrees, to check whether two bit patterns are gray code or not(they explained gray code in the question itself),lru page replacement algo,round robin algo etc.1 hr time.just do any one and u will get through because programs are very tough.

2nd round:
     it was a written test which contained both objective and 5 subjective questions in java and C.subjective questions included programs(any 2 out of 5).programs were:
     a pattern printing program,a binary to decimal program,a doubly linked list implementation basic program,a string reversal program(words to be reversed and not entire string) and one I dont remember.

3rd round:
    A half an hour interview.mainly resume based.asked basic questions in C and Java ,puzzles(light bulb which switch belongs to which bulb,time and work basic numericals etc.)and whatever u have written in the resume.Prepare resume carefully

After clearing this round there was another technical interview.It focused mainly on data structures and was very tough.I was rejected in this round.