Snapsheet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Snapsheet

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snapsheet (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and straightforward. First call was with recuriter, second with Director of Engineering and final was onsite in Chicago. They have made arrangements for the flight and hotel. The recuriter was very nice and responsive. All the team members were nice and explained the solutions to me. It was really a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How you will validate parenthesis(answer using Stack)   1 Answer
    • Two sum problem   1 Answer
    • Pyramid question(answer: DP)   1 Answer
    • Web design question and Basic question about DFS   Answer Question
    • Database design question. Design schema for students and enrollement   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snapsheet (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

A phone call screen with HR followed by a hiring manager phone interview. The hiring manager didn't seem to have any idea what marketing was and left me with the impression that it was a chaotic leaderless company.

Interview Questions

• Mainly focused on social media with the idea that cheap social media could solve all their problems.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Snapsheet (Chicago, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter, she loved me. We spoke on several occasions. Promised a interview in person. No call back. Very disfunctional and messy here. I'll admit, I was curious about this industry and looking forward to hear back. But I guess they don't feel the need.

Interview Questions

• How would you add to the Snapsheet team as a account manager?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Snapsheet (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of multiple meetings with software team managers. They didn't read my resume. Was asked easy to moderate algorithm questions. Answered all. It felt more of an interrogation then talking to a potential coworker. My questions about the work they do and plans they have about technology and projects were poorly answered. I had a feeling they don't have a good understanding of what's going on as managers, or not good at explaining, or don't care. Either way, not a good sign. I explained my work which uses open source technologies. I had to explain more than a few what those open source projects are, why you would use it. Their technology stack seemed to be simple. I had the impression that they don't need experienced engineers. One of the interviewers were almost sorry for asking me an algorithm question.

If you are looking for your first job this place might work. Usual startup perks like cereal and things are mostly there too. Otherwise, I'd suggest to use your limited time at another company. At the end, recruiter sent a message copied from the Internet.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snapsheet (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with a Director- level Engineering Manager, in person interviews with two Engineering Managers and the VP of Engineering.

In-person was about 3.5 hours, which is a long day, but not crazy. I asked for, and got a followup phone call with the CTO to close the deal.

I came prepared with a long list of questions and the VPE was willing to take the time to make sure I got mine answered.

Interview Questions

• Did two algorithm questions involving normal CS data structures: arrays, hash tables, linked lists, etc.   Answer Question
    • Discussed a high-level architecture problem, building a system including data storage and processing.   Answer Question
    • We talked about systems I have worked on, I described two at a former employer. They asked me relevant questions about our design choices.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Appraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Snapsheet.

Interview

After I submitted my resume I completed a basic I.Q. test and then was given a very basic phone screen with a recruiter. Then I was set up for an online estimatics test. The test was cheap looking and some of the questions required more explanation than the test allowed for. There was no follow up to discuss the test to evaluate my understanding of the estimatics software or technique. I feel the test is a cheap way to winnow the field but not a true gauge of a candidates skills or knowledge. They followed up with a "no thank you" email. The whole thing seemed very unprofessional. I'm honestly glad I found out during the selection process how much growing up this company has to do, instead of finding out after I started working for them.

Interview Questions

• What button do you push to complete an estimate in CCC One?   3 Answers

Snapsheet Response

Mar 14, 2017 – Chief Talent Officer

Thanks so much for taking the time to apply to Snapsheet. We receive hundreds of resumes a month and each candidate is very important to us. Our hiring process is something that we take pride in and... More

Auto Damage Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snapsheet (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I had two telephone interviews, one online IQ test and two online estimating tests followed by a Skype interview. After the Skype interview, I was told I would be recommended to the manager for a final interview. About three days later I received a generic email advising I was no longer under consideration for the position.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were pretty much the same, basic questions about my background and experience. In the Skype interview I was asked one job specific question regarding wheel alignment.   Answer Question

Manager of Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Snapsheet (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was one of the most confusing interview processes I've ever experienced. My conversation with the internal recruiter was rather pleasant. I felt he gave a great understanding of what they needed out of the position and that aligned well with my background in Sales Operations. However, when I moved on to speak with a hiring manager the first question I was asked was, "Where are you from originally?" That question really took me back for a bit because I thought it was rather inappropriate and irrelevant to my work experience. After this, the interviewer asked me questions that were lightyears away from the questions the internal recruiter asked. It was as if it was for a completely different position. I walked away from that interview questioning if he changed his interview questions based on my answer to his original question. It felt very "Make America Great Again" and the whole experience left me with a poor view of the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Where are you from originally?   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Snapsheet (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I actually reached out to them as I thought they were doing some interfering things and secured a phone interview. I enjoyed my time on the phone and from that I had a face to face interview.

These guys are just past the start up stage but still very start up. The hiring manager had posted a few positions and wasn't quite sure what he wanted structurally since he'd been there a few months. It turns out that the recruiter told me I was interviewing for Sales Operations and the manager interviewed for me for an individual contributor so we were speaking a different language. Its a great app. but let them evolve a bit more because they are still figuring it out. Pass.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Snapsheet (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very young company. You can tell by their interviewing. Overally the people who interviewed me were friendly but not really knowledgeable of the position. Used way too much buzzwords to answer questions and gave me no real sense of the work. Moved on to talk to the manager in charge of my position and he was kind of more interested in receiving lavish praise versus getting to know me as a candidate. Spent more time discussing topics that had nothing to do with the position. I was repeatedly asked where I am from and then where I was originally from. Made me very uncomfortable cause it gave odd undertones.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales have you done in an enterprise environment?   Answer Question