Soda Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Soda Interview Questions

Interviews at Soda

Interviews for Top Jobs at Soda

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Soda.

Interview

Not only do they ask for spec work, they are BOLD when they ask for spec work. I submitted my resume, had a ten minute phone screen, then was given an email with instructions for a design "test."

The "test" was to redesign the reviews.com product pages and submit high fidelity mock-ups for both desktop and mobile. Also include wireframes and a document detailing "design thinking" about the redesign.

Who do they think is going to fall for this? They obviously aren't hiring anyone - their business model can't support it. They want free work.

Interview Questions

• Requirements
      Your hypothesis and design should center around what you believe will improve both the business objective and the user’s experience
      Your design must be responsive and should show the desktop and mobile views.

What You’ll Submit
      A High-Fidelity comp of your final design on Desktop and Mobile-Portrait.
      A process document articulating the following:
      What improvements you are making, and your reasons behind it
      Wireframes or sketches (doesn’t have to be too formal)
      Any other reflections of your design thinking   1 Answer

Soda Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our tests are for evaluative purposes only, we use them to ensure a candidate's skills match the position needs.

Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Soda (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of a screening call, personality & writing test, and interview with executive editor. I was unimpressed by the lack of clear communication during the process. The process was also far too long, especially without clarity on the timing and various interview steps.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Soda in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn to. The interview process with Soda was very interesting. It began with a 10-15 minute phone call, where I was asked about my experience, knowledge of Soda, and why I liked to write/edit. It wasn't so much an interview as it was a conversation. Next, I completed an editorial test, where I was assigned an article to edit. Finally, I completed an online personality test that determines your work ethic, strengths and weaknesses, and thought process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have editing articles? Do you prefer to write articles or edit them?   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Interview

One video call followed by a personality test and a writing test. The personality test was utterly nonsensical and as an experienced writer with clips to show I felt like the writing "test," which involved writing two entire articles without pay, was a waste of my time and energy.