Softonic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Softonic Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.7

Javascript Specialist Interview

Interview

The hiring process took a lot of time.
    The interview with the CTO was the most suffering part of the process.
    The HHRR people are very easy going to make your hiring process more easy.

Interview Questions

• What the people will tell about you in your city if I ask for you?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Softonic (Barcelona (Spain)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really straightforward. I did 2 interviews the same day through video conference. There were no tricky question, we just went through my cv and had to explain what I did. People seemed friendly. The HR person did not know much about the job itself, its scope and did not want to tell me what was the salary range offered for the job.
    Equally, I had the impression that the company structure was in flux (I would have a manager but then maybe another). I did not get an offer but I equally would not have accepted it. We just did not gel!

Interview Questions

• "Why did you put "Business Development Manager" as a title of your cv??   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softonic (Barcelona (Spain)) in April 2017.

Interview

Again like others I read interveiw process took a long time...over 5 weeks....I got to the 2nd interview but got rejected after meeting the Director of the department and another HR...place seemed really cool and I was really disaapointed to be overlooked for the role.....

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, 3 things you are strong at,,, 3 weaknesses etc A time when you had to deal with a stressign situ   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Softonic (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

After one phone interview and another personal interview with HR and my potential manager, had a 2 pretty interesting analytical and personality tests before the final interviews with two VP's related to the position. The process was more or less smooth and the company showed interest in people from the start.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you were responsible for deciding how many hoovers need to be built by a company that wants to sell in Germany next year, how many would you build and why?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Softonic in March 2014.

Interview

Too slow, 0 professionalism, people don't know what they are looking for. They sell the perks but they try to hide the business model. They are nice people, but they consider themselves higher than they should.

Interview Questions

Cause the level of professionalism was below 0.

Native English Content Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softonic (Barcelona (Spain)) in January 2014.

Interview

2 hour online test followed by a 1 hour Skype interview (as I was living in London). Passed the first two stages and was offered free flights for a second interview in person at the Barcelona office. Had to do another 2 hour test followed by a 1 and a half hour interview. The company looks very cool and their offices are very modern but they still seemed to be very old fashioned at heart. The interview process was way too long for a low-level job. I didn't get through to the next phase which was apparently a 'personality test', after which you will receive an offer. The HR person was very friendly and helpful!

Interview Questions

• 4 people interviewing me at once. It took 1 and a half hours and was pretty over-the-top for a basic job.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Softonic (Barcelona (Spain)) in October 2012.

Interview

I chose "thumbs down" on the interview process however took the job when it was offered. Also the conditions of the company in 2012 were much different than now

The process involved
    * a "senior" recruiter who had no business savvy, but did have a crazy superiority complex
    * one interviewer who didn't even show up for my interview, and (although not recruiting)
    * the welcome orientation involved a speech that repeatedly highlighted "you will be fired" if the new employee attendees did not meet expectations (act ethically, live up to the culture, perform at a high level etc etc etc)

Pride before the fall

Interview Questions

• Are you more of a resource for logical, analytical, leadership or technical skills   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Softonic (Barcelona (Spain)) in September 2012.

Interview

It's a really straightforward process but without any kind of feedback during or after the process.

First round

Third round
    7) DISC test
    8) ???

Profit!

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions from the HR representative cross checking whatever you said.   1 Answer

Content Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Softonic (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

2 hour in-house test to assess software/IT knowledge and writing skills + interview.

It looked like a nice place to work but they had doubts regarding my software knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Name three indispensable lesser known free programs. Motivate your choice.
      Explain in a short sentence so that an illiterate can understand: ping, registry, VOB file, dashboard, GPL Software.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Softonic (Barcelona (Spain)) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied for a sales role. Got 3 skype interviews, even though I practicly live next door to their office. Pretty straight forward questions regarding background and experience. After that i had an interview in person with hr, the sales manager and one of the founders. Nice people, good chats. Nothing difficult. Got an offer a week later, which i declined.

Interview Questions

• None. All straight forward. Psychologie test and intelligence test were fun to do. First time i did them and apparantly passed them :)   Answer Question

The expat community in Barcelona is pretty small and therefore you hear a lot about the company. The people who work there always say the same; " its just a job and it pays the bills" no one is really happy there and its mainly because of spanish management which isnt the best and lets face it, its a site where people can download freeware and trial versions of software. Pretty boring. People come, get what they need and leave. Nothing exciting. They try to impress people with game rooms, which only attracts the wrong type of people. Those that prefer to do anything but work. For spanish people it mght be pretty good but for western european expats its just a spanish company that tries too hard to look like one of the major tech players, but lets face it, they are not.