Sojern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sojern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2017

AM Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sojern.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR, a second phone interview with the hiring manager, and a third in-person interview with multiple current employees. I was surprised considering the culture of the company that I wasn't asked a single question that wasn't a generic stock question. Each person throughout each interview read generic questions off a list, it didn't feel remotely conversational or personal. It made it difficult to try and convey anything about myself when I was only asked situational "tell me about a time when..." questions. There were multiple instances of being asked the same question more than once throughout the course of meeting with different people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person, whether it was internally or externally, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sojern (Omaha, NE) in November 2016.

Interview

It was great, very simple, very casual and conversational. There was a time limit for the interview requiring us to have to speak again but pleased otherwise pleased with the people and the process.

Non-tech Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sojern.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview in the next few weeks. I spoke to a recruiter for about 30 minutes. It was fairly easy, just going through my resume and background. I was told that I would hear back about the next round in a few days, but a month later I never heard anything back. I ended up accepting an offer at another company, but was turned off with the process at sojern. It felt very unorganized and frankly it is rude and unprofessional to never communicate back to candidates who took the time to interview with you.

Additionally, I was given the impression that the process is quite long as I was told there would be a multiple on-site interviews going forward.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sojern (Omaha, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks total. Consisted of an HR screening and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was then followed up with a phone interview with a Director in NYC. I then had an in-person interview consisting of an Excel skills test and three 30 minute one-on-ones. Lastly, I had a phone interview with a VP in NYC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you created or innovated a process that had a direct impact on the business and delivered successful results.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sojern.

Interview

Screening interview and then a bunch of google hangouts, then a couple of in person interviews and then some more google hangouts. Everybody was very nice and passionate about the company. However I noticed that all 7 people I interviewed with were white, it felt like they do not care to present themselves as a company that values diversity, something I put a lot of value on. This perception was compounded by the fact that they all systematically asked similar "tell me about a time when you..." questions to informally check for cultural fit. Also the process was artificially prolonged to point where I was 99% sure they are not going to hire me, I do not know why they were holding off for so long to tell me.

In order to prepare just make sure that you have a bunch of stories to tell when they ask you those "tell me about a time when you..." questions. Given my experience do not try to be all too different, try to be just like them and shoot for cultural fit, if you are a salesperson you know what I mean.

My experience in short: I talked to a lot of friendly people but noticed a lot lacking in the HR department.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about a time when you..."   1 Answer

Data Scientist Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sojern (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was in touch with the CTO regarding this position, and was invited onsite for a 4-hr long interview (multiple interviewers of course). Each interviewer asked question specific to the domain they were working on. The topics covered were programming, probability and statistics, open-ended data problems, as well as network engineering (surprisingly).

Interview Questions

• Describe your recent project and how can that be relatable to our work.   Answer Question
    • Probability question regarding the application of Bayes' theorem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sojern (Omaha, NE).

Interview

The interview process was a little slower then expected but since I was not in a rush to switch jobs it was not a big deal. I was able to do the initial interview over the phone and then a little over a week later I was brought in for three, thirty minute, face to face interviews. This was on a Friday and I was offered the job on Monday! Two of the interviewers did their interviews on the fly (instead of reading off of a page) and it was very engaging and I could tell their passion for Sojern.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you showed great character?   1 Answer

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

I applied for the content marketing manager position for which I'm extremely qualified for. The recruiter got back to me and asked for clips. I spent an hour putting together a bunch of clips in a nice email for the recruiter to pass along. At 7:20 the next morning, I received a form rejection notice, no reason, nothing, just rude. After spending the time I did, this was very irritating and I now feel sour about this brand.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sojern.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed with Sojern onsite. I got moved on to the next round which was a design test. They give you pointers on how to do the design test and they wanted original design files. After submitting the design test, got a prompt rejection about the company pursuing a different direction for the role.

Interview Questions

• Show us a project you did and what problems you overcame.   Answer Question

G&A Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sojern (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an hour long phone screen with the hiring manager. Then came on site for a couple hours and met with the CEO, CFO, and VP of Operations. The interview wrapped up by another discussion with the hiring manager where I was able to ask all of the questions I had about the company.

Everyone was extremely nice and the interview was well organized. They followed up with me quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your biggest accomplishment at all of your previous companies.   Answer Question