Sojern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sojern (Omaha, NE) in November 2014.

Interview

Your typical interview process.Starts with a phone interview with a Recruiter, a skills assessment test (Excel test), then a face to face interview. It is a metric driven company - put on your best game face and sell yourself! They only hire the best.

Interview Questions

• Typical hiring questions. Show actual things you have completed, talk about key results from past work experience to demonstrate your work ethic and awesomeness.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sojern.

Interview

2 Screen Interviews + 4 rounds on site. People are friendly. The technical questions are very easy (code challenge easy level), and their hiring process is like greedy algorithm (interview as many as possible and put into a heap) the whole decision time may be very long. Depending on the questions they ask, I think their decision is a little bit subjective, preparing good "stories" may help you a lot.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sojern (Omaha, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks total. Consisted of an HR screening and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was then followed up with a phone interview with a Director in NYC. I then had an in-person interview consisting of an Excel skills test and three 30 minute one-on-ones. Lastly, I had a phone interview with a VP in NYC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you created or innovated a process that had a direct impact on the business and delivered successful results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sojern (Omaha, NE) in November 2017.

Interview

Very thorough! It was clear from the beginning that Sojern takes the interview process very seriously, and that everyone who works at Sojern genuinely loves what they do/who they work for. I had a phone screen interview, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then a set of on-site interviews.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sojern.

Interview

Screening interview and then a bunch of google hangouts, then a couple of in person interviews and then some more google hangouts. Everybody was very nice and passionate about the company. However I noticed that all 7 people I interviewed with were white, it felt like they do not care to present themselves as a company that values diversity, something I put a lot of value on. This perception was compounded by the fact that they all systematically asked similar "tell me about a time when you..." questions to informally check for cultural fit. Also the process was artificially prolonged to point where I was 99% sure they are not going to hire me, I do not know why they were holding off for so long to tell me.

In order to prepare just make sure that you have a bunch of stories to tell when they ask you those "tell me about a time when you..." questions. Given my experience do not try to be all too different, try to be just like them and shoot for cultural fit, if you are a salesperson you know what I mean.

My experience in short: I talked to a lot of friendly people but noticed a lot lacking in the HR department.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about a time when you..."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sojern (Omaha, NE).

Interview

The interview process was a little slower then expected but since I was not in a rush to switch jobs it was not a big deal. I was able to do the initial interview over the phone and then a little over a week later I was brought in for three, thirty minute, face to face interviews. This was on a Friday and I was offered the job on Monday! Two of the interviewers did their interviews on the fly (instead of reading off of a page) and it was very engaging and I could tell their passion for Sojern.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you showed great character?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sojern (Omaha, NE) in August 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then onsite interview and excel test with four different managers - two over Skype and two onsite. The two onsite interviewers cancelled last minute - while I was sitting in the office. I reached out after a couple of days to follow up on rescheduling the two interviews, received no response, and then an auto-email stating they were moving forward with a different candidate. I had the impression that they knew who they were going to hire by the time I interviewed onsite and perhaps didn't want to waste their time.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sojern (Dublin, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was first approached on Linked in by the HR recruitmentment agent. First, interview was with the HR and then with Area Sales Manager. The interview process is conducted over the phone (about 4 interviews with different managers), the final stage 5 in the local office.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the position?   1 Answer
    • Did you have fired anyone in the past?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of the situation where you succeed, what were the factors?   1 Answer
    • What are your current targets? What if you don't reach your targets?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever done sales calls?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sojern (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was approached about an open sales position with Sojern a few months ago. I initially had no interest in leaving my current company, but after meeting with the team it was apparent that this company is doing great things in the travel space and has a very fun work culture.

The interview process was casual and focused on finding the right person for the job. The demeanor of the interview was relaxed, but to the point. Again, they were very focused on making sure new employees fit the company culture, which is fun, driven and focused on results.

After interviewing with the GM, VP and finally the CEO I was offered the job. Salary negotiations were straight forward and honest. I would highly recommend interviewing with this company and at a minimum, learning more about their rapid growth and bright future.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your where you have the most opportunity for improvement?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sojern.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed with Sojern onsite. I got moved on to the next round which was a design test. They give you pointers on how to do the design test and they wanted original design files. After submitting the design test, got a prompt rejection about the company pursuing a different direction for the role.

Interview Questions

• Show us a project you did and what problems you overcame.   Answer Question