Solar Turbines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.8

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Milford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (New Milford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

It was an uncomfortable process and not in the lease bit friendly.
    I was asked a series of questions about safety and what unsafe did I take and why.
    Very little questions about the operation of the plant some questions about environmental issues.

Interview Questions

• What unsafe safe act did I perform in the work space?   1 Answer

Entry Level Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at career fair and was given an interview that day. Two interviewers were very polite. Most questions were behavioral, of the STAR type.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you disagreed with a teammate on a course of action and how you resolved the dispute.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines.

Interview

Standard behavior interview, asked basic questions about situations that you have been in an how you responded accordingly. What do you know about Solar, why do you want to work for Solar were also asked. Also asked what do you bring to Solar that would be unique. Pretty standard interview as far as interviews go. Just read up on the company and be confident.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge that you have faced and how you overcame it   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA).

Interview

3 interviews. First was a phone screening with the contractor( personal questions). Second interview was a conference call with the project manager, project owner and couple engineers (technical questions). Third interview was in person with the same people ( behavioral questions).

Interview Questions

• Recall a project were you went above and beyond. Recall a time where you had to work with team members who you disagreed with. Be ready for 2 or 3 follow up questions to every answer.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with HR.
    3 weeks later: Onsite Panel interview with hiring managers and few other managers. They had a list of behavior questions to ask going around the table for an hour. Then a plant tour for another hour. 30 minute wrap up with the HR.
    For the plant tour you need to have long pants and closed toe shoes- this is mentioned in the email you will receive from the HR to confirm your onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone who did not want to do the job.
      Describe a time when you had to finish a project with minimum supervision.
      Describe a time when following the safety rules helped you in you at work.
      Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

1- 30 minute phone interview with HR.
    2- a:Onsite panel interview with the hiring manager for the role and three other managers. asking behavioral questions going around the table. b: plant tour (long pants and closed toe shoes required, safety glasses are provided) c: 30 minute interview with the HR- this part is mostly for you to ask your questions from the HR.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to finish a project with minimum supervision.
      Describe a time when following the safety rules helped you at work.
      Describe a time when you had to work with someone who didnt want to do their job.
      Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA).

Interview

1 hour of mostly behavioral questions with 3 hiring managers. Technical questions were only asked to see thought process. After was a shop floor tour with one of the managers

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an ethical decision?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I went through one phone interview that lasted 30 minutes and then one in person interview, followed by a tour of the site. The questions were all behavioral. They want you to talk about specific events and accomplishments, and they want to know if you are good at working with others. The interviewers were very friendly and made me feel less nervous. I interviewed in front of 5 people that worked for Solar.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring agency and my resume was submitted to the hiring manager. A few days later, I was given a face-to-face interview and, a few days after that, an offer was extended. I did not accept the offer, though I wanted to, due to agency's unwillingness to negotiate rate.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a gas turbine operates? Recall a time when you had to teach yourself something. What type of people do you hate working with the most?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online via college job board. Got an email to setup an interview two weeks or so later. Interviewed with the supervisor of the department and the contractor. Very friendly, it was quite evident that the department company culture was (as they put it), "like a family." Went smoothly, got the job offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Mainly common behavioral questions -- e.g.: what would you do in _____ situation, tell me a time _______, etc.   Answer Question