Solar Turbines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Solar Turbines Interview Questions

Interviews at Solar Turbines

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Solar Turbines.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward. Mostly behavioral questions in the STAR format, as well as walking through your resume. Talk about projects listed and what you learned from them. Was offered a position the next day.

SPM Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

After taking and passing the CAT test. I interviewed with a supervisor and manager. Questions ere your average questions and very technical questions. They are big on safety there.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been put in a unsafe situation? how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I started as an intern and applied for a full time position. I heard back and had my interviews scheduled within 2 weeks. The interviews consisted of three one-hour long interviews with directors (direct reports to the CFO). Mainly behavioral questions and a few general questions. I heard back within 2 weeks that I had gotten an offer (email offer from HR.. no phone call or in person offer..). I had one week to give a response so I called the HR person the following day to request a higher salary and ask a couple of questions. She didn't respond to my voicemail so I called several other times over the next couple of days. Finally, my current boss came to me 2 days before the offer was due to ask why I hadn't responded. I told him the situation and I got a call back from HR within a few hours. I accepted the offer and the background check took another week to complete. Note: unless this is your only offer, I wouldn't accept. Everything is very bureaucratic with little hope of raises or promotions after your first year.

Interview Questions

• If you were in a meeting with your boss and several other people, and your boss said something incorrect, what would you do ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more $ and was denied. I've heard they don't negotiate with campus hires. Also, they won't negotiate with you if you threaten to leave the company.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was alot of questions about teamwork, and going over my past job experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Really wasnt much negotiation. for interns it was a standard 25 bux an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was set up with the interview through a hiring firm. The interview me speaking to 4 different individuals, three with accounting backgrounds and one in HR. The interview was mostly situational asking me about my past. Overall I really enjoyed talking with the people I worked with, but the decision making process on their end was extremely drawn out (it took me roughly two weeks to get a rejection) for a position in which it was only me and one other candidate were interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had difficulty working in a group environment.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Milford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (New Milford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

It was an uncomfortable process and not in the lease bit friendly.
    I was asked a series of questions about safety and what unsafe did I take and why.
    Very little questions about the operation of the plant some questions about environmental issues.

Interview Questions

• What unsafe safe act did I perform in the work space?   1 Answer

Operations & Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (Lafayette, LA) in April 2007.

Interview

submit resume upon notification of available position. Come in for a first interview.Wait for approval and second interview or job offer notification by phone or e-mail. Once job offer accepted, then DOT physical and drug screen with "fit for duty" medical exam. Upon satisfactory completion of those, then a start date is given.

Interview Questions

• How will you cope with and handle being away from home for 14 days and in an offshore -Gulf of Mexico oil & gas platform environmant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, company very evasive about salary and monetary information until job offer notification phase complete.

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Basic trade questions from supervisors and engineers. Problem solving questions. Basic math questions. Introduction on the type of work that will be performed. Past work experience.

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

If selected for a phone interview, you will be notified via email of your interview date. If you pass that interview, you will receive an email for an in person interview

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and info session they held a few days before the fair. Very informative and straight-forward on who they were looking for. Got an interview the next day on campus. Very lovely people and extremely communicative.