Soliant Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Soliant Health Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2018

2.3

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Soliant Health in June 2018.

Interview

I spoke with the Special Ed Director for about an hour on the phone. It was a district in another part of the country. There were multiple positions open. Soliant would not tell me what school, what grade or what the exact position would be. They told me to identify my top three choices and it would be one of those. I was offered the position and Soliant kept pressuring me to accept it. There had been a mass exodus of teachers from the district and the director, who interviewed me, wasn't even going to be there the following year. I really wanted to think about it because there were so many unknowns and it would require a move across country, licensing in another state, etc. The person from Soliant kept calling me over and over wanting an answer immediately. I finally told him I wasn't interested and to leave me alone.

Since then I have discovered that Soliant lists jobs in very desirable school districts but they are actually not in that district but rather another, less desirable one, that is nearby. It is the old bait and switch tactic. I don't trust them and would never work with them. They lie about where the jobs are located and are very unwilling to provide much information about the position.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about what has been going on in Oregon with regard to special education?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Soliant Health (Tucker, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by a couple of managers. They were very transparent. Sat with a couple of employees. Didn't try to put me with just the best people, put me with regular employees.

Interview Questions

• Will you be okay with working hard to build your business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Soliant Health (Tucker, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed twice for 40,000K Account Executive, and then they wanted me to come in once more for 30,000K Account Specialist. Staffing knows how to market their way into placing you into their needed place in the company. This is not beneficial to you because you did not apply to that position and competition is crazy.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with competition?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Soliant Health (Tucker, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone interview that contained mostly basic interview questions to see if I was a candidate that was worthy of a second interview. The second interview was a one on one interview where they asked more detailed questions about my background, and explained how the job worked and what kind of benefits that I would receive if I were to start working there.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Soliant Health (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

You go in for about two to three short interviews and then they will call you back to let you know if you got the job or not. They only hire in seasons normally

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Soliant Health (Tucker, GA) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online and had phone interview with recruiter approx. 1 week after applying. During phone interview was scheduled for an in-person interview. Unfortunately, the in-person interview and follow-up afterward was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a company if not the worst. I was interviewed by the Senior VP of Soliant and one department manager. The interview itself was odd and seemed somewhat disorganized as neither person interviewing me had reviewed my application or resume, but I had copies of my resume with me to provide them. We briefly discussed my resume and then most of the interview was me being told that this position comes with an overwhelming amount of rejection, especially initially when trying to build your clientele. I appreciated the transparency, but the VP, who conducted the majority of the interview, kept hammering that point home almost as if he was trying to talk me OUT of the position which felt odd to me. Very few questions were asked of me and most of the discussion focused around handling rejection. At the end of the interview, the VP stated that Soliant preferred that after discussing these points that any potential candidate take a few days to really consider the position since it can be very discouraging if you're not okay with pushing through rejection to build your client base. In addition to that, he stated that potential candidates should also research healthcare staffing and specifically the department that you would be assigned to (reminder: I had to tell them which department I was being considered for) and after taking a few days to research and genuinely consider the obstacles the position would present to reach back out to them and discuss this follow-up.

Here's where it went downhill and left me with a very unprofessional view of this company especially considering this was the Senior VP: I left the interview a bit confused and indifferent since they seemed so disengaged, but the recruiter had been so thorough in explaining the position and expectations over the phone that luckily I was still excited about the position. So, I did my "homework" by taking a few days time to truly think about the reality of the position and researched specifics of travel nursing, even reaching out to a friend of mine who has previously worked as a travel nurse to ask her about the process and her experience. I had thorough notes and feedback ready to be discussed further (3 days after the interview) and reached out to the VP and left him a voicemail as he had instructed. I did not hear back from him within a few days, so I left a second voicemail, but did not hear back again for almost a week.

I followed up with both of the individuals immediately following the interview thanking them and reiterating that I would be in touch soon per instructions. I then followed the next steps I was given by leaving not one, but two unanswered voicemails. After the second time I had not heard back from anyone I contacted the initial recruiter with whom I had interviewed with over the phone to let her know what next steps had taken place and inquire if I should contact someone else or wait for a response at a later date. She kindly responded to me the next business day informing me that they had decided to select a different candidate other than myself. I must note that at this point in the interview process it was not the recruiters responsibility to follow-up with me, she was just kind enough to inquire with them and respond back to me, which I greatly appreciated.

Having a potential candidate be specifically instructed to gather information and follow-up with that information...and then ignore the candidate is the most unprofessional response. Regardless of any plans of extending a position to a candidate is no reason to not at least have the courtesy to reach back out. I've always found it unprofessional for those to avoid notifying potential candidates that they unfortunately have decided to not extend an offer to, to be unprofessional and cowardly in character, but when specific next steps instruct the potential candidate to spend additional time researching information for continued follow up and you don't reach back out to them is beyond unprofessional especially given that this is a Senior VP of a company! I was very disappointed in how this reflected so poorly on a position and company that I was excited to be going through a candidate selection process with. Those were hours wasted and days missed for other potential opportunities I could have been placing my genuine interest and energy into.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you handle rejection?
      Q: Could you personally handle a lot of rejection and still be successful?
      Q: Would you be okay working and establishing clients independently?
      Q: What sales/commission experience do you have?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Soliant Health.

Interview

A normal interview to see if you would make a good fit for the company. They bring you in and talk with you to begin with, asking questions and trying to find out if you would be a good or bad fit. Very happy and energetic is what they seem to be looking for with motivation and ability to self motivate as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Soliant Health (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied thru my college career center. Got the call for a interview and went in right before the holidays. Interview went great in my opinion. I got a response to my thank you email that i would get a call after the holidays and never heard from them again. Tried to call and email to see about the position but never got a response. Shame to because i really liked them and it seem like a good fit for me to me.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Soliant Health.

Interview

I had a phone screening, and then I interviewed with two managers. They brought in an employee to tell me about the job and what she likes about it. They asked basic questions, such as what I would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• How do you turn a no into a yes?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Soliant Health (Tucker, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Brief phone call and 2 face to face interviews. You get to meet all of the team leaders and sit in to see the job. Management will call and arrange for you to come into the building to fill out an application and meet get a tour. Most hiring is referral based, so you'll get to work with people you know.